Traded Jordan Dawson traded to Adelaide for F1 (Melb)

If he leaves, what should Sydney get in return?

• Two good 1st round picks

• Top 10 pick and change

• A 1st & a 2nd

• Later 1st round pick

• Two 2nd rounders

• Early 2nd rounder

• Other second round pick

• Less than a 2nd rounder

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Only bright side out of this deal for the Swans is just further re-enforcing the need for academies in non-traditional states.

Finlayson, M.Kennedy, Setterfield and Zac Williams were all GWS academy players who requested trades interstate. The academy system isn’t a solution to player retention issues.

OOC at years end.

Twoomey reporting a few clubs interested inc Adelaide as he is a South Aussie.

Becoming a very solid part of Sydney's team so two questions

1) What sort of contract is he worth
2) What trade gets it done if he is to leave.

Last edited by a moderator:

Would be super pissed off to let him go so cheaply. He is the best kick the Swans have and sets up a lot of attacking plays.

He might not have the name recognition to match it but he'd be a huge loss. Great ball use, good size and been very well developed by the club. Only just found his spot so still has upside.

I would say the same for Hewett, except that we know his spot, we just never play him there.

The numbers earlier are about right for both of them.... unfortunately. Hope we keep both.

An above average defender, potentially borderline elite.

Great marking skills, excellent kicking out of defense. Problem is he is rather slow pace wise, and defensively he's not as competent as other 3rd talls (Howe, Lever, Hayne, etc.)

Late 1st round pick in the 15-20 range for a contender looking to improve defensive rebounds I reckon.

9 Adelaide reporting we’ve offered Dawson a big deal, now

I’d be very, very pleased if we could secure him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of course you can't officially...
But you can have a conversation with a manager and say "if Dawson is looking at his options at the end of the year we would be interested at 600k*3 yrs"

Yeah, I took "an offer on the table" too literally I think, it's obviously a verbal offer.

Anyone know if this bloke has the ability to play midfield, just wondering why we need another HBF type, even if he is a likely improvement on what we have.

would like him to come home and play for the crows and would be quite happy to give up our second for him (around pick 20-23 id say it will end up being)..

but he did say in an interview just the other day he’s happy with how things are goin and he’s just leaving it to his manager to nut it out with the club..

so Im not sure he’s even considering leaving.

After watching him tonight I think you'll do well to get him, good player and I feel if he is happy in Sydney and not looking to leave it will be a costly task to get him.

After watching him tonight I think you'll do well to get him, good player and I feel if he is happy in Sydney and not looking to leave it will be a costly task to get him.
Looks very happy at the Swans, feeling now that all this was just the usual Adelaide media space filling or his manager was just asking the Crows so he can get a better sight of what Dawson should be getting at the Swans.

Is a very good player but he's not "coming home", staying for the ride up in Sydney :-(

I think he’ll stay but the following;

I’m working with the club and my manager as well,” Dawson told SEN Breakfast.

“I don’t think Sydney fans should be nervous at all.

“I’m just trying to play good footy and the group we’ve got is really exciting.

“The way we’ve performed against the top teams this year has been exciting and hopefully we keep this form up across the year.”

Is said by nearly every single player when asked about their contract future..

I suspect his manager is doing what every manager does and is milking the swans for every single extra cent he can get for his client..

His manager woildve asked the question of other potential suiters and how much they’d be willing to fork out to get his client to their club and would be negotiating with sydney with that in mind...

Have sydney got enough cap space to pay for Dawson’s very well deserved pay rise?..

Back