Recommitted Jordan de Goey [re-signed]

Agree. However, clubs in the past have found ways to acquire players on his salary. It’s just a rumour going around and I wanted to see if any others had heard it.

1st I heard of it

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
He will play, he will likely play very well, he will use it to milk some more money out of the Pies, the media will speculate, certain Bigfooty fans will troll, some will claim inside word he's gone, others will deny it, some will get their hopes up.

In the end somewhere between rounds 12 and finals he'll extend with the Pies for another 2-4 years on good money.

Groin guru

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 21, 2017
Destination Club
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Wouldn't want him. Collingwood and Eddie are the only ones that can keep his indiscretions out of the media and public eye. It's either them or GWS/Sydney type that the AFL can protect too.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
No way does JDG leave Collingwood, even if he gets a Godfather offer from another club. He will be a Pie for life,

No harm in other clubs like North asking the question, but it seems like a pointless exercise to me.. De Goey is a cult figure and fan favourite at the Pies, Eddie will find a way to look after him financially.

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
Wouldn't want him. Collingwood and Eddie are the only ones that can keep his indiscretions out of the media and public eye. It's either them or GWS/Sydney type that the AFL can protect too.
Lol. You would be over the moon if a 25 year old De Goey signed on from 2021 for a 5 year deal. He's a matchwinner and North have been denied every single time they have thrown a godfather offer at a star in recent years.

He would walk in and be one of your best players and is set to dominate in future years, he is an X-factor talent which means like the Dusty Martin types he is capable of doing things many others can't.

Provided the trade fee was right, any club would love him.

Just because he Knocked 1.5 Million to play at North

Groin guru

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 21, 2017
Destination Club
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Lol. You would be over the moon if a 25 year old De Goey signed on from 2021 for a 5 year deal. He's a matchwinner and North have been denied every single time they have thrown a godfather offer at a star in recent years.
He would walk in and be one of your best players and is set to dominate in future years, he is an X-factor talent which means like the Dusty Martin types he is capable of doing things many others can't.

Provided the trade fee was right, any club would love him.
x-factor is just code for does something good every now and then but isn't that consistent. Martin is a match winner. De Goey isn't even in the same league. 1 can play in the midfield and has averaged more than 20 disposals in every season. DeGoey has played 5 seasons, hasn't averaged more than 18, has injury concerns, and had 1 good year - a grand final season.

I wouldn't be over the moon because I'm yet to see what he offers as a forward vs. Ziebell. One actually tackles and applies pressure in the forward line. The other is a front runner and disappears when the game is on the line.
Just because he Knocked 1.5 Million to play at North

DeGoey isn't Martin. North apparently offered DeGoey 900k and that's all he is worth. The only thing similar is the tattoos and angry face. That's where the similarities end. Martin is far superior.

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
x-factor is just code for does something good every now and then but isn't that consistent. Martin is a match winner. De Goey isn't even in the same league. 1 can play in the midfield and has averaged more than 20 disposals in every season. DeGoey has played 5 seasons, hasn't averaged more than 18, has injury concerns, and had 1 good year - a grand final season.

I wouldn't be over the moon because I'm yet to see what he offers as a forward vs. Ziebell. One actually tackles and applies pressure in the forward line. The other is a front runner and disappears when the game is on the line.

DeGoey isn't Martin. North apparently offered DeGoey 900k and that's all he is worth. The only thing similar is the tattoos and angry face. That's where the similarities end. Martin is far superior.
I agree Martin is better, I'm not arguing otherwise, but I'm saying they share some attributes which is that ability to be deadly 1on1 inside 50. You used Ziebell as an example of that player. He's not in the same class as De Goey. He turns 29 next year and is yet to win an AA or club B&F, and while he hasn't played forward his whole career his best forward return is 35 from 22 games.

De Goey hasnt got those accolades yet either, but at 23 he just had a 48 goal season (2018). Followed that up with an injury effected 34 from 17 games. He isn't far off becoming one of the stars of the comp and by the time he's Ziebell's age it's almost certain he will have had the better career.

Its not just North, any club would love to have De Goey. He is just about ready to become a top 20 player in the comp.

Groin guru

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 21, 2017
Destination Club
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I agree Martin is better, I'm not arguing otherwise, but I'm saying they share some attributes which is that ability to be deadly 1on1 inside 50. You used Ziebell as an example of that player. He's not in the same class as De Goey. He turns 29 next year and is yet to win an AA or club B&F, and while he hasn't played forward his whole career his best forward return is 35 from 22 games.

De Goey hasnt got those accolades yet either, but at 23 he just had a 48 goal season (2018). Followed that up with an injury effected 34 from 17 games. He isn't far off becoming one of the stars of the comp and by the time he's Ziebell's age it's almost certain he will have had the better career.

Its not just North, any club would love to have De Goey. He is just about ready to become a top 20 player in the comp.
It's simplistic to look at it from only a goals perspective. Last year Ziebell created more goals from tackles and turnovers than any other player in the league.

Also, it's hard to compare when Collingwood were #2 in the league last year and North overachieved. The quality in Collingwood's team makes it a lot easier for DeGoey.

Sure any club would love DeGoey but within reason. He's not worth more than 1 million a year because he can't play as a midfielder. He's basically another Stringer at this point.

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
It's simplistic to look at it from only a goals perspective. Last year Ziebell created more goals from tackles and turnovers than any other player in the league.

Also, it's hard to compare when Collingwood were #2 in the league last year and North overachieved. The quality in Collingwood's team makes it a lot easier for DeGoey.

Sure any club would love DeGoey but within reason. He's not worth more than 1 million a year because he can't play as a midfielder. He's basically another Stringer at this point.
Don't think I've stated he's worth more than a million a year, but again worth is relative given it can cost more to move players. He could reach that level potentially.

Richmond couldn't afford him for example, but you'd have to think he'd be within the 800-900k per year bracket for his next deal, much depending on how he performs in 2020.

Yeah it’s hard work keeping his volunteer work with the Salvo’s under wraps. Could only imagine the outcry if that got out in to the public domain.

North offered $1m, that’s straight from Jordy himself.

Groin guru

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 21, 2017
Destination Club
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Yeah it’s hard work keeping his volunteer work with the Salvo’s under wraps. Could only imagine the outcry if that got out in to the public domain.
An hour a week for 2 weeks is hardly volunteer work and it means little when he's doing it to repair his image. Come back to me when someone is doing it because they actually care.

An hour a week for 2 weeks is hardly volunteer work and it means little when he's doing it to repair his image. Come back to me when someone is doing it because they actually care.
You need to do a little more research.

DeGoey is 23

When Martin was 23 the Tigers were trying to trade him.

Horaceg

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 29, 2014
Sydney
AFL Club
Collingwood
North do apparently, just don't have enough money and they have more spare than we do.

Yoey

All Australian
Oct 7, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
My uncle is a real estate agent in Perth and he will neither confirm nor deny he had shown this tattood beast with a weird haircut some beach front houses.

And they will offer him even more this year , They have been banking and front loading the last 5 years with nobody left to pay the $$$
Im expecting a big big offer for de goey this year provided he starts off the year well
Yeah but srsly, who wants to go to North?

Back