Player Watch Jordan De Goey (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who the F doesn't think alcohol is glorious????

Good grief.

Not currently a huge fan.

Good mate of mine started drinking fairly heavily around six years ago. Recently he had a fall at home, he lay on the floor helpless for a few days before he was able to alert a neighbour. He went to hospital in an ambulance but his body was shutting down. Spent 2 weeks in ICU before he finally passed away. He was only 55.

I know people who drink more and have done so for a lot longer and I guess their bodies can handle it. And I know people who have ended up in hospital and gotten a wake-up call. My mate never had that chance - the first time he was forced to confront being an alcoholic he was stuck on a one way ticket. Big shame he wasn’t given another chance at life - being in an ICU room hooked up to a kazillion machines and looking like crap is friggen’ confronting.

Obviously that’s extreme and not representative of all experiences with alcohol. I do enjoy a drink myself from time to time. It can be enjoyable, but it can have a dark side.

Last edited:
I even managed to be thrown out of a venerable Mornington establishment for being excitable, once upon a time in my 20s.

Let me guess …

… an afternoon garden party at Dame Elizabeth Murdoch’s?

Let me guess …

… an afternoon garden party at Dame Elizabeth Murdoch’s?

Yeah. I was there to pitch a philanthropic venture (i.e. a handout), quickly realised that I was getting nowhere, at which point I started hording the trays of champagne whilst railing about Rupert being the greatest human blight since Genghis Khan.

I've only seen brawls (which I'd classify as fights involving more than 3 people) at parties. Found myself involved in two of those, but Frankston could be a bit like that.

I once ran into an old school friend and he told me he was living in Frankston.

I answered “Oh cool, Frankston seems like a nice place”

He responded “Yeah it is, it is definitely the nicest place I’ve had the s**t kicked out of me.”

Sorry - suggesting a minder is nonsense. You are getting carried away.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I could volunteer.

I have a fully appointed dungeon already set up, and Josh won't mind sharing I'm sure.

The lack of clothing is a potential problem vis a vis belly button lint production though.

That’s not true, as he was a few months from graduating to a full license so the legal limit was 0.00
Yeah, that conversation was held pages ago. I was clearly referring to being twice the legal limit of 0.05.
Not interested in going over that rubbish with someone else.

People really do need to stop looking for a fight around here. JDG is back at the club and training. Personally I’m only interested in how he goes from here.

Yeah, that conversation was held pages ago. I was clearly referring to being twice the legal limit of 0.05.
Not interested in going over that rubbish with someone else.

People really do need to stop looking for a fight around here. JDG is back at the club and training. Personally I’m only interested in how he goes from here.
Was half taking the piss anyway

Like in the movies where someone follows someone but somehow never gets seen? Like this guy has been behind De Goey for 2 weeks then he goes into the same club as De Goey every night but Jordan never realises a guy has been following him for 2 weeks?

it's getting more difficult to remain inconspicuous with the lack of large format newspapers.

Who the F doesn't think alcohol is glorious????

Good grief.
As someone who doesn't drink cos they cant stand the taste of alcohol, me.

And I'm much better off for it. Better for the health and the bank account.

Sad how reliant some people are on alcohol to enjoy themselves - it seems like they honestly couldn't live without it.

As someone who doesn't drink cos they cant stand the taste of alcohol, me.

And I'm much better off for it. Better for the health and the bank account.

Sad how reliant some people are on alcohol to enjoy themselves - it seems like they honestly couldn't live without it.
Any addiction is sad. If you have none and are happy then good for you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This thread has been hijacked by the Temperance Movement
I feel about alcohol like Charlton Heston felt about guns.

And anyone who says they don't drink alcohol because of the taste just hasn't tried the right stuff. Alcohol itself has no taste.

And there is a drink for every occasion. For instance, Office Desk Peronis are awesome.

I feel about alcohol like Charlton Heston felt about guns.

And anyone who says they don't drink alcohol because of the taste just hasn't tried the right stuff. Alcohol itself has no taste.

And there is a drink for every occasion. For instance, Office Desk Peronis are awesome.
The problem isn't alcohol, but our society making it "tough" and "cool" for young man to get absolutely smashed on alcohol, which often leads to violence and in some case life-long issues with the drug.

The problem isn't alcohol, but our society making it "tough" and "cool" for young man to get absolutely smashed on alcohol, which often leads to violence and in some case life-long issues with the drug.

You should drink more. Might change things.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

It's a Drought stricken country. It'd be wasteful not to drink water that has fermented.

Alcohol itself has no taste.
disagree, yeah there are many different types of drinks but a lot of them have a similarish taste imo.

tried many things but yet to find a beer/spirit/cocktail i like. dont mind some of the wines i've tried but yeah i guess we're all different.

anyway back to de goey, sounds like hes really starting to hit his straps. good to hear. :)

disagree, yeah there are many different types of drinks but a lot of them have a similarish taste imo.

tried many things but yet to find a beer/spirit/cocktail i like. dont mind some of the wines i've tried but yeah i guess we're all different.

anyway back to de goey, sounds like hes really starting to hit his straps. good to hear. :)
I reckon I could find a drink or two for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back