Player Watch Jordan De Goey (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was left to rot at full forward when our ball movement was poor, meanwhile Steele spent most of the second half at the coal face when we were getting slaughtered on the spread.

Bad coaching.

Of Course it's Bad Coaching as we been Badly Coached ever since Bucks Took Over

Just so far ahead of himself. His hysteria and the silence on Bontempelli (who is a free agent and unsigned) with regards to contracts is the reason why its so hard for Collingwood to keep stars together. Ours get overhyped, other teams stars get overlooked.

You think someone in the coaching staff can let him know that when he plays midfield he needs to do the simple things well? Tries to do way too much everytime and you can tell the opposition know what to expect.

This guy is a meathead who is fast becoming Jake Stringer number 2. 800k a year for a guy who had no impact in a one point loss.

Not sure what the solution is but I hate seeing him parked at full forward when the game is being played in the opposition half.

I was disappointed in Jordan last night. There were 3-4 times when he tried to be the hero in the centre square. You just don't have enough time to run with the ball trying to make the perfect play.

Not sure what the solution is but I hate seeing him parked at full forward when the game is being played in the opposition half.

I was disappointed in Jordan last night. There were 3-4 times when he tried to be the hero in the centre square. You just don't have enough time to run with the ball trying to make the perfect play.

One thing we know about Jordy, he won't learn from his mistakes and is just as likely to try and break seven tackles, get caught and handball backwards again next week. The guy just has way too big an opinion of himself.

His field kicking is really bad and he was second only to Hoskin-Elliott in squibbing contests last night
Not really squibbing, but he needs to watch video of Dangerfield playing forward and hitting at the footy, rather than trying to body his opponent, let the ball slip through and hit it breaking into the goals. It looks great when it works, but it's very low percentage. All our forwards are obsessed with turning their man by working him under the ball. It sucks as a main tactic.

He does squib last night he pulled out several times when it was his time to go. He is just an overhyped player with no real hard edge to his game. He has no meat and potatos and relies on highlight reel stuff to play a good game.

So, so, so disappointing, if he had a brain, a little integrity and a realisation of the God given ability he has been blessed with, he would be a top 10 player in the comp.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He'll never get to Toby Greenes level. He's to lazy.

I don't think it's laziness. Greene's probably the smartest quickest thinking forward in the game, with incredible hands and immaculate kicking.

Jordy is physically awesome and can do some amazing things when he's on, but he's not mentally sharp, his hands aren't particularly clean and he's a sloppy kick

He’s certainly starting to replicate Jake Stringer’s career

We were also a dropped goal square sitter mark away from being 11 points down with 30 seconds to go. And West Coast were peppering the goals and dominating play for the last 10 minutes before Sheed kicked it.
Yeah. They had us out cold. Although I do think we were the best team in that final series. I think it came down to the first final against WCE - and our shocking start that we were unable to overcome in a WCE home final. This meant that they got a week off and not us, thus we were dead on our feet by the final quarter of the grannie.

Thinks he's Dusty when he's really Jed Lamb.

Give the bloke time in the middle. Everyone expects him to go in there and dominate straight away it just won’t happen. Needs time at AFL level playing that role, it’s where he is best suited to playing. We rely on him up forward way too much and he is not a great forward

Good coaches don't have the team underachieve during the majority of their time at the club, before probably leaving with us in enormously worse shape than when they arrived.
Im simply replying to the remark "Badly Coached ever since Bucks Took Over" which is incorrect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back