Player Watch Jordan De Goey (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It wasn't his choice. The medical staff made the call. Disgraceful to call him a pea heart and soft. He came back on and played didn't he.
I'm still waiting for you to explain why it was "terrible optics" for him and how to get their phones after they'd been subbed out ?

Because you can't use your phone while you are part of the game. You know, gambling, maybe we know something about that.

I apologise about the concussion thing, he was apparently pulled. The question then becomes why didn't we do the 20 minute concussion test on him after he got hit in the head?

So we fixed his nose, put him back out there and then realised at quarter time that he had delayed concussion. Maybe we should have assessed him for 20 mins after the hit in the head before sending him back out there?

Because you can't use your phone while you are part of the game. You know, gambling, maybe we know something about that.

I apologise about the concussion thing, he was apparently pulled. The question then becomes why didn't we do the 20 minute concussion test on him after he got hit in the head?

So we fixed his nose, put him back out there and then realised at quarter time that he had delayed concussion. Maybe we should have assessed him for 20 mins after the hit in the head before sending him back out there?
Once they are done for the day they allowed their phones. What’s your problem?

Once they are done for the day they allowed their phones. What’s your problem?

Don’t think that is the rule. The phones can’t be used until post match - no difference between an injured and uninjured player as far as phones/integrity. My guess is both JDG and Howe were using one of the “permitted” club phones (max. 10) to update family. No big deal.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

The medicos messed up I guess. The phone criticism is ridiculous. They are obviously allowed their phones after being subbed out of the game.

They did do the concussion test. He was off for 20 minutes. Must have passed the test because he went back on.

Jake Stringer, not a Dustin Martin

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, well being smashed in the head at full speed might raise some alarm bells, but how can you question the brilliant medical staff at Collingwood...
Concussion symptoms can arise even days after an impact to the head or body. Let this one go, Kappa.

You're right about the phones. They are going to cop a fine apparently.

That's why there's a 20 minute period after a head knock where players are not allowed onto the field to check if they have any symptoms, or am I wrong?
Yes but there’s no guarantee the symptoms show up in that timeframe. Or symptoms can be equivocal. Take a headache, for instance. Is it because of the knock, because of the broken nose, or a concussion symptom? Nausea from concussion or blood pouring down the back of your throat?

Some symptoms are clear evidence that the player shouldn’t be allowed to return to the field, and show up immediately, e.g. tonic posturing, spinal pain, disorientation, memory loss. Others can take time or be open to interpretation.

Was hearing today that Tom Lynch was running away from the Richmond doctor so that their doc couldn't test him out for concussion. Its gonna cause a ruckus this concussion rule.

Coaches will be sending hitmen out in grandfinals......

He left the ground made contact hip to head leaving DeGoey with a broken nose and a concussion. If the AFL has any sort of consistency he would be looking at 3 weeks.

With Danger the AFL’s stance was that the outcome reasonably foreseeable. I don’t see how this is any different

That has to be cited - he chose to bump and hit him the head. Whether he meant it or not shouldn't enter into it. And it borke his nose and caused a facial injury.

I cant see how that can be interpreted any other way.

Yes but there’s no guarantee the symptoms show up in that timeframe. Or symptoms can be equivocal. Take a headache, for instance. Is it because of the knock, because of the broken nose, or a concussion symptom? Nausea from concussion or blood pouring down the back of your throat?

Some symptoms are clear evidence that the player shouldn’t be allowed to return to the field, and show up immediately, e.g. tonic posturing, spinal pain, disorientation, memory loss. Others can take time or be open to interpretation.

yes but our doctors let him back onto the field during the 20 minute period he was meant to be under observation, then shat themselves at the break and took him off, no?

Was hearing today that Tom Lynch was running away from the Richmond doctor so that their doc couldn't test him out for concussion. Its gonna cause a ruckus this concussion rule.

Coaches will be sending hitmen out in grandfinals......
Gavin Brown says HI.

Its' always happened - more recently with Thugford.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back