Player Watch Jordan De Goey (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No inside scoop this is all based on known known’s including the players we lost, the AFL salary cap minimum of 95% and the players we had unsigned at the time of trade week. Excluding the Langdon and Beams payouts and how they were dealt with we projected to be anywhere from $1-2m over the cap this year.

Compounded by a reduction in TPP of 11% (loss of 2% scheduled growth + reduction of 9%)

de Goey is a lad, an alpha male personality type but I'd assume even he could be struggling with the weight of the court case still hanging over his head and the uncertainty of the outcome.

Not sure we'll see the best of him until it gets resolved.

And to think that at the end of 2018 he was well ahead of Petracca as a player.

Sigh.

de Goey is a lad, an alpha male personality type but I'd assume even he could be struggling with the weight of the court case still hanging over his head and the uncertainty of the outcome.

Sigh.

Degoey needs a Mark Williams type as a mentor. The only way we’ll see the best of this kid is if we bring in someone who can connect with him on that type of level.

All the haters may jump on me for this, Jordy hasn’t been any influence since Mason left the scene.
I note that they worked in tandem ok
Mihocek was a one man band on Saturday
As much as Cameron has shown glimpses, he ain’t gonna be the solution sadly either
No one player is going to be the solution. It's not just personnel, the whole forward system is a shambles.

Cameron has shown enough to suggest that he could be a handy 2nd ruck/forward. Cox has too.

Personally I reckon there is zero chance JDG is off anywhere. Particularly given how horrible our forward line already is.

It would also be silly of the club to ship him off whilst his value is so low, unless the offer is greater than what his current performance justifies.

Well we Traded Stepho at his Lowest Value

Better in every aspect ,except desire and work ethic, football was not my be all and end all as a teenager.

Heaps of better kicks and probably decision makers (although you can't really be sure in the lesser pressure of local leagues, but balance and agility? Callum's is pretty bloody high even by AFL standards.

It's a big over reaction pile on at the moment. He broke his nose in a game and got subbed out, then misses 2 games with concussion protocol, played poorly in his first game back.
He's been poor all year other than against Carlton. For a bloke demanding huge money his output has been poor for most of his career. When he wins games of footy for us or even turns the tide occasionally he'll be doing what a player on his contract should be doing as a matter of course. Petracca, Martin and Bontempelli perform at a high level most weeks as does Pendles and Sidebottom in past seasons. DeGoey is nowhere near their level of consistency.

Sigh.

Or maybe he just had a poor game.

All the haters may jump on me for this, Jordy hasn’t been any influence since Mason left the scene.
I note that they worked in tandem ok
Mihocek was a one man band on Saturday
As much as Cameron has shown glimpses, he ain’t gonna be the solution sadly either
If he’s the sort of player that needs Cox in the side for him to be effective, then .... he’ll truly never be any good.

Last edited:
If he the sort of player that needs Cox in the side for him to be effective, then .... he’ll truly never be any good.
I guess breaking his nose in the first quarter of the eagles game and missing the next week due to concussion was down to Cox being omitted. It was a ridiculous post in the first place

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Better in every aspect ,except desire and work ethic, football was not my be all and end all as a teenager.

Now that We know your capable of banging goals in from Buddy Franklin distance in the Ammo’s,

Your inside made up in your head info seems to have so much more credibility.

Or maybe he just had a poor game.

It's more than one bad game though.

At 22 in 2018 he kicked 48 goals from 21 games and averaged 16 disposals.

That remains his benchmark.

Last year his output fell to 14 goals from 10 games with a disposal average of 13.50.

This season so far it's just 7 goals from 6 games and his disposal average is the lowest of his career despite him spending more time in the midfield.

His career is tracking in the wrong direction and at 25 he remains an unfulfilled talent.

Time to extract the digit Jordan.

It's more than one bad game though.

At 22 in 2018 he kicked 48 goals from 21 games and averaged 16 disposals.

That remains his benchmark.

Last year his output fell to 14 goals from 10 games with a disposal average of 13.50.

This season so far it's just 7 goals from 6 games and his disposal average is the lowest of his career despite him spending more time in the midfield.

His career is tracking in the wrong direction and at 25 he remains an unfulfilled talent.

Time to extract the digit Jordan.

Yeah, his season has been uninspiring. I was segregating his pre-injury - post injury performances.

No one player is going to be the solution. It's not just personnel, the whole forward system is a shambles.

Cameron has shown enough to suggest that he could be a handy 2nd ruck/forward. Cox has too.
Go back to the highlights reel from 2009 etc. We had people like Krakouer, Leon and Didak. Not a lot of flair now days, but isn't that what buckley wanted...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back