Player Watch Jordan De Goey (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bucks was asked about him this morning on SEN. His main agenda was to eliminate any suggestion that we're already thinking about the grand final; DeGoey has a lot of work to do (following the rehabilitation program) but so does the team (to win against GWS on Saturday). The "problem" on whether he's a chance becomes real on Saturday night.

However, he did say that he's obviously back and moving very well. When asked if he (Bucks) was happy with his physical state, he said he was moreso impressed with his mental state. Has the "glint in his eye" and the belief. Hasn't started pestering yet.

Bucks was asked about him this morning on SEN. His main agenda was to eliminate any suggestion that we're already thinking about the grand final; DeGoey has a lot of work to do (following the rehabilitation program) but so does the team (to win against GWS on Saturday). The "problem" on whether he's a chance becomes real on Saturday night.

However, he did say that he's obviously back and moving very well. When asked if he (Bucks) was happy with his physical state, he said he was moreso impressed with his mental state. Has the "glint in his eye" and the belief. Hasn't started pestering yet.
I missed the segment, so thanks for the summary

Gee he's looked good in the training vision since he returned. Get over this prelim hurdle first boys!

Wont need him for the Giants. Richmond on the other hand...
his basically our Dustin Martin. for mine Richmond don't have massive midfield depth. if** we make it to the GF and he plays i would just dump him in the goal sqaure. this also works in our favour because Richmond hold their structure. in that regardless if our players run up the field richmond defenders still hang back around the Defensive 50. so if Dagoey is hanging back in the Goal Sqaure it drags the defender back purely because it's Dagoey. this opens up space for the mids to run into.

You see some incredible things happening in grand finals, mainly due to the risk of further damage being less significant in the aftermath.

You think Stevie J in 2011. Wouldn't have played if it wasn't a grand final. McGovern in 2018 and plenty of others no doubt.

But surely you can only push a hammy so far?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You see some incredible things happening in grand finals, mainly due to the risk of further damage being less significant in the aftermath.

You think Stevie J in 2011. Wouldn't have played if it wasn't a grand final. McGovern in 2018 and plenty of others no doubt.

But surely you can only push a hammy so far?
I'll never forget Nigel Lappins broken ribs in 2003, Matthews famous training drill of team mates colliding him at high speed to test his pain threshold

We should name him as an emergency tonight just to keep the Giants guessing.

Funny thing is, I would be very wary if I were the Giants. To be brutally honest, De Goey was moving really well trying to evade Roaming Brian after the Cats game. Hans could just be the icing, just to give his hammy every little bit of a chance so that doesn’t break down mid game.

I’d be preparing on the chance that he is selected this Saturday. I know, it’s not going to happen, but I’d be strategising for that possibility.

You would imagine they are though..

Funny thing is, I would be very wary if I were the Giants. To be brutally honest, De Goey was moving really well trying to evade Roaming Brian after the Cats game. Hans could just be the icing, just to give his hammy every little bit of a chance so that doesn’t break down mid game.

I’d be preparing on the chance that he is selected this Saturday. I know, it’s not going to happen, but I’d be strategising for that possibility.

You would imagine they are though..
Was that before or after Wakelin said he was hoping pies go all the way this year?

Please put JdG on the emergency list at the very least.

Mind games
I suspect the Giants know he’s not playing.

I think the mind games stuff, Kevin sheedy writ large, is really just some fun for supporters.

They know he’s not playing regardless.

Sources say he is open to a move, less then a year after the source himself re-signed for unders stating his love for the club afterwards.

* up Tony. Obviously an AFL footballer is going to want the security of a 7yr deal, and obviously a star is going to have other clubs after him. I could’ve written that tweet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back