Player Watch Jordan De Goey (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah just the usual media dickheads working themselves into a lather at being able to report on negative Collingwood news. Herald Sun is making me ******* sick by virtually begging Jordy to leave. Scum
I know what you mean.They do that with all our star players when they’re out of contract.They practually beg them to leave us for another club.But strangely enough they don’t do this with other clubs like Richmond.Surprise,surprise.

The Age is getting in on it too...I know I've said this b4 but how unfortunate is it that our once fine local paper is now forced into matching the gutter sniping rubbish that the other media outlets are sprouting? Tragic.

Sidebottom would be ok. Pretty sure all of the Daicos clan would be ambidextrous wipers.
Sidey can wipe from either pocket and smile at the same time, no skids.

Anyone else notice in recent club videos jordy seems a lot skinnier and leaner? Not sure if it’s good or bad to be honest. Thoughts?

Lower calorie intake and eating more consistently nutritious food might be one of the hub benefits? Not so easy to get takeaway or catch up with mates for a drink.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone else notice in recent club videos jordy seems a lot skinnier and leaner? Not sure if it’s good or bad to be honest. Thoughts?
Lower calorie intake and eating more consistently nutritious food might be one of the hub benefits? Not so easy to get takeaway or catch up with mates for a drink.
Looking at the footage of him at training, he looked ok with dropping the ball but avoided the use of the hand when marking. I don't know how much of this will influence his role on game day but maybe the club have him in more of a midfield role?

I know I said it earlier in the thread but flexor tendon is very difficult to work around and could very well have been avoiding resistance training with anything requiring his grip, today will mark just about 8 weeks since the surgery so right on the minimum for return to daily activity.

Tendons..not really, it's reattaching to bone in an area with already excellent blood flow. The difference between 8-12 weeks is the long term strength of the repair and how much the medical staff would be willing to risk it snapping from the ball hitting the finger or a slipped tackle.

You could say, ok Jordy, can't do anything that stretches out your hand - only pressure with the bump and only kick goals with crumbs and chest marks.

Good luck to the bloke, it would be a frustrating injury to work through in a hub.

A bit of toning won’t hurt him at all you wouldn’t think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back