Player Watch Jordan De Goey (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Huh. Not sure how you figure that.

As an UFA we can either match a rival offer or attempt a trade with his chosen club. If we choose not to match we get a draft pick. May not necessarily be top market value but it’s not nothing.

The only way we get nothing is if we can’t come up with a trade and he walks out uncontracted. Not sure it would ever get to that. Unless we are Ross Lyon!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

History suggests that if a player is leaving for $$$’s it generally requires at least $100-250k more a year to get them to move. If a teams paying that over and above what we’re offering then there is every chance the AFL could award higher compo than after our 1st.

How many of those players were battling drug and gambling addictions, and being ushered out the door while holding the captaincy because they were becoming insufferable?

You mean the same issues he had in 2018 when he achieved those?

You mean the same issues he had in 2018 when he achieved those?
No, I mean the issues which developed after the death of his father in the first half of 2018.

You think his Dad died and he said “well, now that’s done, I think I’m going to go on an Endone and Trifecta bender this week!” then continued to play out the season?

These things tend to develop over time. From what I’m reading, it was primarily depression initially and the painkillers and betting came to a head later.

Martins estimated to be on north of $1.2m a year..... JDG $775-825k... just saying
I wasn’t talking about salary, I was talking about consistency of performance on a week-to-week basis.

LOL, you can’t lose them for nothing unless the contract they’re leaving on doesn’t merit compo. Why wouldn’t we just match if that’s the case?

I was referring to losing them for less than what you could offload them for before you get to FA

You won’t be laughing when FA compo is scrapped in the not too distant future...and matching will also be going.

After all these rumours about Treloar being paid 800k, plus whatever the hell Grundy is on, I hope we fire our contract team before Jordan's deal. Seriously neither should be on the money they are based on performance.

Collingwood should not be paying a cent over 500k for JDG, he's had one good season and could be in jail soon. Potential is not the only qualifier for pay day.
So you’re saying he’s worth about the same as a Cox, Mayne and Phillips but less than a Wells?

Someone say something about Nick Daicos. I need cheering up and something to look forward to. Jordy would have to win at least 2 norm Smith's to compare to Dusty. You can't really compare anyone to Dusty in my opinion.. 3 norms is off the charts. More prestigious then a Brownlow..
I know for a fact that Nick daicos was making Rowell and anderson look like muppets at Training with oakleigh, that's what someone said anyway

I was referring to losing them for less than what you could offload them for before you get to FA

You won’t be laughing when FA compo is scrapped in the not too distant future...and matching will also be going.

I think the reason that they only signed for 2 years was more about the new EBA in 2 years time as well as the covid stuff, I don't think there is anything sinister about what Moore and JDG are doing. It's in their and the clubs best interest to do 2 year deals for now, Moore would have been a good one to sign for longer but i don't think he is going anywhere but JDG I am weary of giving him more than 2 years considering everything. Ultimately it's up to JDG to prove everyone wrong and earn the right to demand more money

I know for a fact that Nick daicos was making Rowell and anderson look like muppets at Training with oakleigh, that's what someone said anyway

He would have been in the under 16 development squad....hard to see him competing against Rowell and Anderson at that level?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he’s worth what cox, Phillips and mayne are actually worth, should be no more than 400k
Yep, but unfortunately we overpay our players and it’s the reason there are issues with the salary cap.

What if he develops into a 50+ goal kicking monster?
That's my other hope. Either he develops into a bull Petracca-like midfielder (and we find another avenue to goal - Gunston? Not sure) or he can consistently kick 2.5 goals a game with 15 disposals

Keep it quiet dammit - it actually was Elmo and Big Bird whom you saw young Nick running loops around at Chargers training, not Rowell and Anderson.

Repeat after me ... Elmo and Big Bird at Chargers training, not Rowell and Anderson. Nick ran loops around an actual pair of Muppets.

Got it?

Keep it quiet dammit - it actually was Elmo and Big Bird whom you saw young Nick running loops around at Chargers training, not Rowell and Anderson.

Repeat after me ... Elmo and Big Bird at Chargers training, not Rowell and Anderson. Nick ran loops around an actual pair of Muppets.

Got it?
Big Bird stands at 249cm, would be a handy ruck I reckon

No, I mean the issues which developed after the death of his father in the first half of 2018.

You think his Dad died and he said “well, now that’s done, I think I’m going to go on an Endone and Trifecta bender this week!” then continued to play out the season?

These things tend to develop over time. From what I’m reading, it was primarily depression initially and the painkillers and betting came to a head later.

Yep, and they were issues he was working through while still at the Bears, you know, when he received that recognition.

Be the same for every other change and for every other club. Moore the 1st year FS’s weren’t had for a 3rd rounder. Life goes on.

I wasn’t talking about salary, I was talking about consistency of performance on a week-to-week basis.

Wasn’t suggesting you were, just making the point.

He would have been in the under 16 development squad....hard to see him competing against Rowell and Anderson at that level?

It was said by Matt Rendell that he more then held his own see below.

To which Rendell said: “He’s right up there.

“He played with Rowell and Anderson for Carey at school and more than held his own and that’s two years younger than them.

“He is a really good player. He is taller though, he can mark the ball and tends to play more midfield. He’s taller than his brother Josh.

“I would say right here, right now that he goes number one but it is a cracking top 10 next year in the 2021 (draft).

“I’d say number one but if he’s not in the top three I’ll give the game away. That’s something for the Collingwood people to look forward to.

So you’re saying he’s worth about the same as a Cox, Mayne and Phillips but less than a Wells?
No, I'm saying our contract department are idiots, and all those blokes are on too much if that comparison is true. Jordy has had one good season, and quite a few terrible off field incidents. Prove you are worth the money on a shorter deal, then we'll talk.

Collingwood footballer Jordan De Goey has been spared an appearance at court and his indecent assault case has been adjourned until well into next year.

Mr De Goey was charged in July over an incident that allegedly happened after he, another man and a woman left a hotel in Kew in 2015, when the forward was either 18 or 19.

He was due to appear before Melbourne Magistrates Court for an initial filing hearing on Friday but his case was administratively adjourned without the need for him or his lawyers to appear in court.

It is not uncommon for cases to be adjourned before scheduled first hearings, especially during the coronavirus pandemic when many cases have been adjourned.

Mr De Goey, 24, is now due to appear before court on April 22.
The court is yet to release a charge sheet or further information about his alleged offending.
Police, Collingwood and the AFL's integrity unit investigated the incident in 2018 but Mr De Goey was not charged until this year.
Another man, also 24, has been charged and he also had his case adjourned on Friday without needing to attend court. He has no association with Collingwood.
Mr De Goey was not stood down by his club or the AFL after he was charged but ended up missing a large chunk of the season after he suffered a finger injury in the Magpies' win over Geelong in mid-July. He returned to play the last four games of the season.

Mr De Goey is out of contract and Collingwood are yet to re-sign him, and the delay to his court case complicates a potential trade to another case as rival clubs – and the Magpies – are unlikely to know the strength of the police case against the player until a brief of evidence is served on his lawyers.

Mr De Goey is also due to face court in March on unrelated driving offences.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back