Not open for further replies.
Feb 8, 2007
Point Cook
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Spurs
Total non story.

Just another example why the public despises the media.

They always looking for drama and creating drama.

Purple turd, can’t expect better from him.

Seriously, is that news worthy??

Sick of the media and its reporting of our footy club. In the past week, l have seen about 3 people actually talking on their phones whilst driving, and one was a truckie!!...I myself, look at messages or emails on my phone, whilst stopped at red lights.

Sick of the media and its reporting of our footy club. In the past week, l have seen about 3 people actually talking on their phones whilst driving, and one was a truckie!!...I myself, look at messages or emails on my phone, whilst stopped at red lights.

That why I don't listen to the F**kwits in the Media except for 1 or 2 of them

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood

What a massive NON Story but Barrett just be a Flog and Still Report on something they have all done

Not a non story at all. Just ridiculous that anyone would use a mobile while driving without hands free. Surely he can afford a car with hands free or to get an after-market kit fitted. People die because of this sort of stupidity.

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
If the club suspends him for a week over this, l will personally drive to the Holden Centre and microwave my membership!!
Club wont do that.

At worst they’ll pretend and say they’ve told him not to do it again for better driving.

Be nice when he kicks 4 against the eagles.

SnakePlisskin

Cancelled
Mar 3, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Not a non story at all. Just ridiculous that anyone would use a mobile while driving without hands free. Surely he can afford a car with hands free or to get an after-market kit fitted. People die because of this sort of stupidity.
People text and drive soo much it’s not funny , driving behind them I actually hope they scrape their car on a barrier.
Anyway if he’s been fined I hope the club doesn’t suspend him.

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood

Yeah, everything is dependant upon reading those emails and text messages and getting off a response is just so urgent.

Seriously, I just can't understand why people even need to access there phones while behind the wheel. I live a relatively quiet life in a country town and I personally know 4 families who have lost a family member because they were taken out by someone distracted by a phone while driving. How many people need to die, does it need to be someone in your family? At least drink drivers can claim impaired judgement, people using phones have ZERO excuse.

Feb 8, 2007
Point Cook
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Spurs
Yeah, everything is dependant upon reading those emails and text messages and getting off a response is just so urgent.

Seriously, I just can't understand why people even need to access there phones while behind the wheel. I live a relatively quiet life in a country town and I personally know 4 families who have lost a family member because they were taken out by someone distracted by a phone while driving. How many people need to die, does it need to be someone in your family? At least drink drivers can claim impaired judgement, people using phones have ZERO excuse.

I did mention whilst l was stopped at a red light so my car isnt actually moving. I never use my phone or look at my phone whilst in motion.
But those that do, l agree, l don't understand how they blatantly use their phones whilst driving, even with the stricter fines/ penalties in place now.

Total non story.

Just another example why the public despises the media.

They always looking for drama and creating drama.

Purple turd, can’t expect better from him.
They just want to Cause Issues so they can write about it.

Pack on Knobs
Damian Barrett embarrassing himself with another massive nonsense story:drunk:

Nah, Barrett probably got the story from our club.

Our club probably want the story out there so it can quickly die and get buried in the news cycle.

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Nah, Barrett probably got the story from our club.

Our club probably want the story out there so it can quickly die and get buried in the news cycle.
Could be.

MarkT2

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 3, 2009
Melb
AFL Club
Collingwood
Sure it's not the right thing to do but I am sick and tired of our club (like most) thinking they have to be moral arbitors of stuff like this. There are laws to deal with driving offenses. That's where it should end.

jackcass

Cancelled
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
I did mention whilst l was stopped at a red light so my car isnt actually moving. I never use my phone or look at my phone whilst in motion.
But those that do, l agree, l don't understand how they blatantly use their phones whilst driving, even with the stricter fines/ penalties in place now.

And how many times have we all been stuck behind a dick at the lights on their phone who hasn't noticed that the lights have changed to green.... Builds frustration in other drivers, adds to all the angst we see on the roads every day, and for what? Because you're more important than every body else? If you're expecting an important email or text, pull over. If they're not important, why bother.

jackcass

Cancelled
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
Sure it's not the right thing to do but I am sick and tired of our club (like most) thinking they have to be moral arbitors of stuff like this. There are laws to deal with driving offenses. That's where it should end.

Where have the club said they're taking any action on this?

Feb 8, 2007
Point Cook
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Spurs
And how many times have we all been stuck behind a dick at the lights on their phone who hasn't noticed that the lights have changed to green.... Builds frustration in other drivers, adds to all the angst we see on the roads every day, and for what? Because you're more important than every body else? If you're expecting an important email or text, pull over. If they're not important, why bother.

No, l look at the phone briefly whilst at the lights, pmys always checking for the lights to change. So l don't sit there oblivious to the lights. As you said, only dicks do that!

jackcass

Cancelled
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
No, l look at the phone briefly whilst at the lights, pmys always checking for the lights to change. So l don't sit there oblivious to the lights. As you said, only dicks do that!

Of course, silly me, I should have said that you're the obvious exception who partakes of this illegal activity absolutely the right way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back