Not open for further replies.

NonPhixion

Bookie Assassin
Mar 27, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Cleveland Browns, Tony Ferguson
Slow news day... ffs who cares, this happens all the time. Only because he’s high profile this gets out. F*ck the media and their BS

Scritchyscroony

Premiership Player
Mar 21, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Newcastle United FC
Clinton is a paedophile?
He went to a few of Epsteins parties, it's not conclusive but it's damning
and he flew on Epsteins "lolitta express" party plane no less than 26 times...

and he personally intervened to get American child traffickers posing as "charity workers" released from Haiti after they were caught red handed.

aaaand... then there's pizzagate....

quite a lot of smoke there

I'm not interested in whether the people who play for my football club are paragons of every virtue the media, the twitterati or the perpetually outraged can come up with. I'd prefer they didn't text while driving, but if they do I'm happy for the relevant authorities to take care of it. I don't need to know, and neither does anyone else on here.

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
I'm not interested in whether the people who play for my football club are paragons of every virtue the media, the twitterati or the perpetually outraged can come up with. I'd prefer they didn't text while driving, but if they do I'm happy for the relevant authorities to take care of it. I don't need to know, and neither does anyone else on here.
It seems a bigger story here on BF.

:D

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
Yeah complete disgrace the clubs response should of sacked him.

Pendles is spot on he has made a mistake most have been guilty of in the past it’s been dealt with by the appropriate authorities and it’s done

Keep up with the conversation, we weren't even talking specifically about the JDG case. I'm fine with the way it has been dealt with by the club.

MarkT2

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 3, 2009
Melb
AFL Club
Collingwood
Where have the club said they're taking any action on this?
What have the Club said or done in relation to this?
Was a general comment about punnishing driving or similar offenses not related to football as we have generally done. We have laws to deal with these type of offenses which IMO are sufficient. We tow the moral line for appearnce sake like they all do.

I think there is a few million Australians who do exactly the same thing buddy

It wasn’t so long ago that folks had the same attitude about drink driving.

People die, societal attitudes change.

Jan 12, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
Was a general comment about punnishing driving or similar offenses not related to football as we have generally done. We have laws to deal with these type of offenses which IMO are sufficient. We tow the moral line for appearnce sake like they all do.
So, Wellingham got done for DUI, then TAC withdrew sponsorship because of Wellingham's offence

Your view is what?

Kappa

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 7, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood

De Goey will laugh off a $200 fine, he probably makes that in 60 minutes...

Aug 31, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood

This would be me if I was Collingwood’s GM and De Goey walked into my office with this news

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2007
Point Cook
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Spurs
Of course, that makes it okay then.

No it doesn't make it ok, l never said that, did l? But to put it into context, l think majority of ppl take a 20 second glance at their phone, whilst stationary at a red light.
Its completely opposite to doing 100k's on the freeway while texting or talking on the phone or if the car is in motion on any road.

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
No it doesn't make it ok, l never said that, did l? But to put it into context, l think majority of ppl take a 20 second glance at their phone, whilst stationary at a red light.
Its completely opposite to doing 100k's on the freeway while texting or talking on the phone or if the car is in motion on any road.

I think that not looking at your phone at all whilst driving would be closer to 'opposite'.

To my mind, the car might be stationary but people who check their phone at the lights are still distracted, and I'd wager they are more likely to be distracted by that phone when the car is moving.

Feb 8, 2007
Point Cook
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Spurs
I think that not looking at your phone at all whilst driving would be closer to 'opposite'.

To my mind, the car might be stationary but people who check their phone at the lights are still distracted, and I'd wager they are more likely to be distracted by that phone when the car is moving.

Each to their own, but l would prefer if anyone was checking their phone they did it stationary at a red light, rather than check it doing 100 k's on a freeway.

Alot of vanilla milkshakes posting on this subject.

jackcass

Cancelled
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
Each to their own, but l would prefer if anyone was checking their phone they did it stationary at a red light, rather than check it doing 100 k's on a freeway.

Alot of vanilla milkshakes posting on this subject.

While I don't wish it upon anyone, maybe you'd feel differently if you'd also lost someone you know. The sooner they start dishing out automatic license cancellations as with .05 the better.

MarkT2

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 3, 2009
Melb
AFL Club
Collingwood
So, Wellingham got done for DUI, then TAC withdrew sponsorship because of Wellingham's offence

Your view is what?
My view hasn't changed. As I said on here at the time and previously to that, we should not have social resposibility sponsorship. We don't need it and it is a road to certain conflict and tension. It is 100% certain that our players will transgress. TAC were replaced in any event as was every other sponsor that we lost or refused to pay the ask. We are Collingwood not Croydon.

Feb 8, 2007
Point Cook
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Spurs
While I don't wish it upon anyone, maybe you'd feel differently if you'd also lost someone you know. The sooner they start dishing out automatic license cancellations as with .05 the better.

Bit extreme mate, and no l don't need to lose someone to know its wrong, it's general knowledge to know it's wrong. Unfortunately phones are a extension of the human body these days, so they are prevalent in our life. As l admitted, l take a fleeting glance at my phone whilst in my car, but only when its stationary, never whilst in motion. It's just human nature unfortunately to take a peek at your phone.
You ever drive mate when you have had one or two drinks? People usually drive in that situation because they think "l'm fine to drive", but their reactions and thought process are still affected by alcohol. That makes them a huge risk on the road, l'm pretty sure a few million Aussies do that most weekends. I don't drink, so l don't have this issue. The police always stipulate if your going to drive, dont drink at all. Do you fall into this catergory, Vanilla?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back