Player Watch Jordan De Goey (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slow news day... ffs who cares, this happens all the time. Only because he’s high profile this gets out. F*ck the media and their BS

Clinton is a paedophile?
He went to a few of Epsteins parties, it's not conclusive but it's damning
and he flew on Epsteins "lolitta express" party plane no less than 26 times...

and he personally intervened to get American child traffickers posing as "charity workers" released from Haiti after they were caught red handed.

aaaand... then there's pizzagate....

quite a lot of smoke there

I'm not interested in whether the people who play for my football club are paragons of every virtue the media, the twitterati or the perpetually outraged can come up with. I'd prefer they didn't text while driving, but if they do I'm happy for the relevant authorities to take care of it. I don't need to know, and neither does anyone else on here.

I'm not interested in whether the people who play for my football club are paragons of every virtue the media, the twitterati or the perpetually outraged can come up with. I'd prefer they didn't text while driving, but if they do I'm happy for the relevant authorities to take care of it. I don't need to know, and neither does anyone else on here.
It seems a bigger story here on BF.

:D

Yeah complete disgrace the clubs response should of sacked him.

Pendles is spot on he has made a mistake most have been guilty of in the past it’s been dealt with by the appropriate authorities and it’s done

Keep up with the conversation, we weren't even talking specifically about the JDG case. I'm fine with the way it has been dealt with by the club.

Where have the club said they're taking any action on this?
What have the Club said or done in relation to this?
Was a general comment about punnishing driving or similar offenses not related to football as we have generally done. We have laws to deal with these type of offenses which IMO are sufficient. We tow the moral line for appearnce sake like they all do.

I think there is a few million Australians who do exactly the same thing buddy

It wasn’t so long ago that folks had the same attitude about drink driving.

People die, societal attitudes change.

Was a general comment about punnishing driving or similar offenses not related to football as we have generally done. We have laws to deal with these type of offenses which IMO are sufficient. We tow the moral line for appearnce sake like they all do.
So, Wellingham got done for DUI, then TAC withdrew sponsorship because of Wellingham's offence

Your view is what?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

De Goey will laugh off a $200 fine, he probably makes that in 60 minutes...

Of course, that makes it okay then.

No it doesn't make it ok, l never said that, did l? But to put it into context, l think majority of ppl take a 20 second glance at their phone, whilst stationary at a red light.
Its completely opposite to doing 100k's on the freeway while texting or talking on the phone or if the car is in motion on any road.

No it doesn't make it ok, l never said that, did l? But to put it into context, l think majority of ppl take a 20 second glance at their phone, whilst stationary at a red light.
Its completely opposite to doing 100k's on the freeway while texting or talking on the phone or if the car is in motion on any road.

I think that not looking at your phone at all whilst driving would be closer to 'opposite'.

To my mind, the car might be stationary but people who check their phone at the lights are still distracted, and I'd wager they are more likely to be distracted by that phone when the car is moving.

I think that not looking at your phone at all whilst driving would be closer to 'opposite'.

To my mind, the car might be stationary but people who check their phone at the lights are still distracted, and I'd wager they are more likely to be distracted by that phone when the car is moving.

Each to their own, but l would prefer if anyone was checking their phone they did it stationary at a red light, rather than check it doing 100 k's on a freeway.

Alot of vanilla milkshakes posting on this subject.

Each to their own, but l would prefer if anyone was checking their phone they did it stationary at a red light, rather than check it doing 100 k's on a freeway.

Alot of vanilla milkshakes posting on this subject.

While I don't wish it upon anyone, maybe you'd feel differently if you'd also lost someone you know. The sooner they start dishing out automatic license cancellations as with .05 the better.

So, Wellingham got done for DUI, then TAC withdrew sponsorship because of Wellingham's offence

Your view is what?
My view hasn't changed. As I said on here at the time and previously to that, we should not have social resposibility sponsorship. We don't need it and it is a road to certain conflict and tension. It is 100% certain that our players will transgress. TAC were replaced in any event as was every other sponsor that we lost or refused to pay the ask. We are Collingwood not Croydon.

While I don't wish it upon anyone, maybe you'd feel differently if you'd also lost someone you know. The sooner they start dishing out automatic license cancellations as with .05 the better.

Bit extreme mate, and no l don't need to lose someone to know its wrong, it's general knowledge to know it's wrong. Unfortunately phones are a extension of the human body these days, so they are prevalent in our life. As l admitted, l take a fleeting glance at my phone whilst in my car, but only when its stationary, never whilst in motion. It's just human nature unfortunately to take a peek at your phone.
You ever drive mate when you have had one or two drinks? People usually drive in that situation because they think "l'm fine to drive", but their reactions and thought process are still affected by alcohol. That makes them a huge risk on the road, l'm pretty sure a few million Aussies do that most weekends. I don't drink, so l don't have this issue. The police always stipulate if your going to drive, dont drink at all. Do you fall into this catergory, Vanilla?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back