Player Watch Jordan De Goey (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just inject him with Calf and Ox blood and play him, ffs we're trying to win a flag, In all seriousness hope it works, it would be great to have him available for the big dance

There needs to be more realistic testing.
Agree to an extent.
It's difficult to simulate the intensity of running toward goal against two defenders trying their guts out to stop you.
Or the tackle Tom Stewart put on him and threw him over the boundary line.

We get good training updates in the collingwood board

Hopefully a few pies fans in Munich who could ambush De Goey for coffee and get an update on the treatment, lets pay for Jen, Apples or Mymanlynch to go there for the goss

We get good training updates in the collingwood board

Hopefully a few pies fans in Munich who could ambush De Goey for coffee and get an update on the treatment, lets pay for Jen, Apples or Mymanlynch to go there for the goss
Those fans might need to fish him out of a Munich Beer Garden. Those things pull you in like a black hole.

What’s worse is that if he’d come off in the first place he’d be a chance for the GF.

Now - no chance.

Wolf obviously thinks he's a chance, and not being a doctor myself or having seen the scans I will take solace in that compared to whatever your credentials are, which I don't think you have any expertise or evidence so I'll go with the Wolf thinks he can get JDG back before the GF.

Wolf obviously thinks he's a chance, and not being a doctor myself or having seen the scans I will take solace in that compared to whatever your credentials are, which I don't think you have any expertise or evidence so I'll go with the Wolf thinks he can get JDG back before the GF.

Let me quote Nathan Buckley: "It's a hail Mary."

Also, I can see why you're a debutant.

I’m a bit confused - Bucks on SEN said there was a bleed. Do both tears and strains bleed?
Read in the paper it was a strain and not a tear - therefore not as serious.
So why is a strain a Hail Mary?
A tear I can understand would be.

Over to the Medicos - can you please clarify?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m a bit confused - Bucks on SEN said there was a bleed. Do both tears and strains bleed?

I think The Royal Sampler posted earlier (not sure if in this thread or the changes thread) that tear and strain are the same thing and are used interchangeably.

Isn’t any strain an actual damage, a tear anyway, but it’s all grading?

Royal sampler can elaborate.

21 days is recommended for a strain. That is why he is cutting it fine. Hammies are like elastic bands and if there if not properly healed will break again like the weakest link in a chain or a string that is frayed.

Injured it in the first 2 minutes, kept playing, and did more bleeding.

His year is over.

GAAAAH!

I read this in the complete opposite way.

He injured it in the first 2 minutes but kept running for another 40 minutes, and was able to continue running, just with less "power". It wasn't an injury that stopped him in his tracks, even if he continued to do damage by running on it.

Some players have the capacity to play through injury (Pendlebury, Didak) and some don't (Moore). If Moore was in Jordy's situation, I doubt he'd get back for the Grand Final because he seems like the type who needs to be 100% to have the confidence to play.

I think Jordy is in the earlier category and will play. Perhaps not at 100%, but he'll play and he'll contribute and he'll do something stupid good and team lifting along the way.

Let me quote Nathan Buckley: "It's a hail Mary."

Also, I can see why you're a debutant.

He said the same about Treloar playing again in any capacity last year, but Treloar got back, not just for one, but for multiple games. You can be sure the club had hope.

Bucks sets the external expectation low by saying it's a "hail mary", but the internal expectation would be far different. The club would not be spending the probable $100K plus in flights, accommodation, consultations and treatment in Germany for a pipe dream. Sometimes you have to read between the lines - especially with someone like Bucks who plays a very straight bat and always likes to project complete confidence in the 22 players ( who are able to be) selected.

I read this in the complete opposite way.

He injured it in the first 2 minutes but kept running for another 40 minutes, and was able to continue running, just with less "power". It wasn't an injury that stopped him in his tracks, even if he continued to do damage by running on it.

Some players have the capacity to play through injury (Pendlebury, Didak) and some don't (Moore). If Moore was in Jordy's situation, I doubt he'd get back for the Grand Final because he seems like the type who needs to be 100% to have the confidence to play.

I think Jordy is in the earlier category and will play. Perhaps not at 100%, but he'll play and he'll contribute and he'll do something stupid good and team lifting along the way.

He said the same about Treloar playing again in any capacity last year, but Treloar got back, not just for one, but for multiple games. You can be sure the club had hope.

Bucks sets the external expectation low by saying it's a "hail mary", but the internal expectation would be far different. The club would not be spending the probable $100K plus in flights, accommodation, consultations and treatment in Germany for a pipe dream. Sometimes you have to read between the lines - especially with someone like Bucks who plays a very straight bat and always likes to project complete confidence in the 22 players ( who are able to be) selected.

Hope you’re right!

I think Germany will be good for De Goey.

A little travel, a little culture, a little tune up,

A little return :)

A lot of power and brilliance should we get to the big dance.

I read that same article, saying “it was a strain, not a tear”, and thought to myself “great, more of this s**t getting circulated”!

Strains are tears of muscle/tendon, and tears are strains/sprains. Same thing.

I think The Royal Sampler posted earlier (not sure if in this thread or the changes thread) that tear and strain are the same thing and are used interchangeably.
Nailed it.

Isn’t any strain an actual damage, a tear anyway, but it’s all grading?

Royal sampler can elaborate.
Any strain or sprain involves tearing (at a minimum) at the microscopic level. The grading refers to the extent/severity. A rupture is a complete tear.

Listenning to Buckley on SEN I was reminded of his references to Moore last year. He's overwhelmingly likely to miss the GF. He said it is a Hail Mary because he meant it. He said it's worth the punt because that is what it is. Greenwood is replaceable. De Goey is not. It's going to be measurably harder without him but that's how it is unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back