Player Watch Jordan De Goey (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The $120k is a tad excessive. Return business class flights to Berlin on our sponsor airline are about $14k (at the expensive end of the spectrum and assuming they don't look after us). JDG is the only person potentially travelling who merits the business class expense so economy flights for any other travelers would be no more than $2-2.5k. Apparently he's going to be there a few days so motel accommodation for a week would be around $2-3 grand per person, add $1k a day for collective meals and incidentals for 2-3 people and you're into the $30-40k range.

Yeah - I just threw the figure out there, so it could be less. I'm certain it's a lot more than 30 to 40k though.

Your figures completely ignore the doctor's costs, which would likely be the most expensive aspect.

This guy is one of the best in the world. He treats guys like Ronaldo and Bolt and looks after teams like Bayern and the German national teams which contain several of the most expensive and highly paid sportsmen in the world.

Just getting in door could cost 10k plus on its own and with treatment you could be looking at several tens of thousands more.

The club also wouldn't send its coaching and high performance staff in lower seat categories to the players. Sets an awful example.

Minimum, I'm thinking it's an 80k exercise but it could be significantly more depending on how cutting edge the treatment is.

I agree too, but I don't agree that it's no more than a hail mary that he plays. I think he's more likely than not.

Like you, I also don't care about the $120k. That doesn't matter though, because I guarantee you that the club does.
Don't get me wrong, I hope like hell he plays but I highly doubt he will. The Hail Mary quote comes direct from the coach. Perhaps it's a deliberate diversion but it didn't sound like it

The $120k is a tad excessive. Return business class flights to Berlin on our sponsor airline are about $14k (at the expensive end of the spectrum and assuming they don't look after us). JDG is the only person potentially travelling who merits the business class expense so economy flights for any other travelers would be no more than $2-2.5k. Apparently he's going to be there a few days so motel accommodation for a week would be around $2-3 grand per person, add $1k a day for collective meals and incidentals for 2-3 people and you're into the $30-40k range.
Your numbers sound more right.
Think of when people like us went to Europe with our lady loves (or partner or man love, all good) and the costs.
Add the extra for business class, a nice hotel, food. Treatment. Hired car or driver perhaps.

I think there is a medic going with Jordan.
The medical treatment might be a bit pricey but say one week in Bavaria shouldn’t knock our budget around too much.

I’d only suggest Jordan’s chaperone will be with him seat by seat on the plane. So two such tickets.

The Germans are very advanced, they’ll replace his string with a metal rod... they’ve found a way to make metal flexible. I know someone in the industry. The cows blood stuff is a fake hoax, that’s how Aids spreads through cows. Also know someone in the agriculture industry.

Food bill?

I could do some serious damage to some eateries

5A754C77-3185-4918-A3B0-7EF1B09CBCAF.jpeg

36AB77D0-0555-44BA-9326-C75768CA6295.jpeg

C174FDAD-7890-46BD-9F16-614067CD5971.jpeg

Yeah - I just threw the figure out there, so it could be less. I'm certain it's a lot more than 30 to 40k though.

Your figures completely ignore the doctor's costs, which would likely be the most expensive aspect.

This guy is one of the best in the world. He treats guys like Ronaldo and Bolt and looks after teams like Bayern and the German national teams which contain several of the most expensive and highly paid sportsmen in the world.

Just getting in door could cost 10k plus on its own and with treatment you could be looking at several tens of thousands more.

The club also wouldn't send its coaching and high performance staff in lower seat categories to the players. Sets an awful example.

Minimum, I'm thinking it's an 80k exercise but it could be significantly more depending on how cutting edge the treatment is.

An article from 2015 had his fees at $20k per treatment session

An article from 2015 had his fees at $20k per treatment session
Nice work if you can get it.

Maris Crane would have been his best patient.

You've overlooked the biggest expense, beer. That would get us close to the original figure.
Wrong. The biggest expense would be the consultation and treatment fees. I don't think beer is expensive in Germany

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wrong. The biggest expense would be the consultation and treatment fees. I don't think beer is expensive in Germany
Beer is nearly as cheap as water over there. It's heaven.

Food is cheap and plentiful too.

The Germans are very advanced, they’ll replace his string with a metal rod... they’ve found a way to make metal flexible. I know someone in the industry. The cows blood stuff is a fake hoax, that’s how Aids spreads through cows. Also know someone in the agriculture industry.
Adamantium? Thereaftre he'll be known as De Jorderine

Hey yeah, just making sure you know I wasn't seriously suggesting that they'd consume over $50k worth of beer in a week, regardless of the price of lager. Maybe I should have used a few emojis. :)

She could be Josh caddy’s long lost identical twin, as long as she’s an elite athlete with preferably a basketball background, I’m happy.

Did you know that Pendlebury played basketball? Not in Germany though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back