Player Watch Jordan De Goey (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sources say he is open to a move, less then a year after the source himself re-signed for unders stating his love for the club afterwards.

fu** up Tony. Obviously an AFL footballer is going to want the security of a 7yr deal, and obviously a star is going to have other clubs after him. I could’ve written that tweet.

Pretend journalist who is full of crap.

This will get ugly. Imagine the scenario if we play hard ball and but succesfully get Grundy to sign for 3-5 years but then go and sign JDG for 7.

This will get ugly. Imagine the scenario if we play hard ball and but succesfully get Grundy to sign for 3-5 years but then go and sign JDG for 7.
De Goey & Moore higher priority long term signings than Grundy IMO. But in saying that I hope club can manage to sign all three on 5 year deals.

Last edited:

I'm a Hawks supporter, but I have something to get off my chest.

De Goey is the best player in the AFL, alongside Dustin Martin. I'm still speechless from his grand final performance in 2018. Something that frustrates the hell out of me around the traps of bigfooty is that he's just not rated where he should be. Do Pies supporters feel the same?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm a Hawks supporter, but I have something to get off my chest.

De Goey is the best player in the AFL, alongside Dustin Martin. I'm still speechless from his grand final performance in 2018. Something that frustrates the hell out of me around the traps of bigfooty is that he's just not rated where he should be. Do Pies supporters feel the same?

He isn't even the best Collingwood player right now.

Has flashes of brilliance but has never put together a brilliant season, which other players have done year after year.

He has only finished in the top 10 BnF once in his career (7th)... Which says a lot.

He isn't even the best Collingwood player right now.

Has flashes of brilliance but has never put together a brilliant season, which other players have done year after year.

He has only finished in the top 10 BnF once in his career (7th)... Which says a lot.
But this is what I mean. Somehow Cyril Rioli was also called a 'flashes of brilliance' player, and I believe he only twice finished top 5 in our b&f. Yet he will go down in history as one of the greatest ever Hawks, while Josh Gibson, who was twice b&f for us in a premiership year, will not.

Forget about supercoach, and the parade of participation awards, if I could take one player in the game for my team, I'd take him.

But this is what I mean. Somehow Cyril Rioli was also called a 'flashes of brilliance' player, and I believe he only twice finished top 5 in our b&f. Yet he will go down in history as one of the greatest ever Hawks, while Josh Gibson, who was twice b&f for us in a premiership year, will not.

Forget about supercoach, and the parade of participation awards, if I could take one player in the game for my team, I'd take him.

Many of us share your view. As does North Melbourne apparently!

We’ve seen Jordy do things on the footy field that take your breath away. But he still hasn’t put it all together, and his career trajectory has been hampered by immaturity and injury.

We hoped that 2019 would be the year he took his rightful place in the top 3 players in the AFL, but it didn’t happen. Now it will be 2020!

Jordy is not yet in Dusty’s league, who was outstanding in the finals series. Credit to him.

Cyril was very good, but no one can say he was better than Hodge Mitchell Franklin ect. De Goey has had excellent games, but never an excellent season. It's ridiculous to try and put him in the top few players when he hasn't even made the AA team yet.

Cyril was very good, but no one can say he was better than Hodge Mitchell Franklin ect. De Goey has had excellent games, but never an excellent season. It's ridiculous to try and put him in the top few players when he hasn't even made the AA team yet.

You know who would say he WAS better than Hodge, Mitchell, Franklin?? Hodge, Mitchell and Franklin.
Hawthorn people (both inside and outside the club) hold Cyril in the same breath as we do Daicos. Both of them were FREAKS.

You know who would say he WAS better than Hodge, Mitchell, Franklin?? Hodge, Mitchell and Franklin.
Hawthorn people (both inside and outside the club) hold Cyril in the same breath as we do Daicos. Both of them were FREAKS.

Well the hawthorn coaching staff strongly disagree. And I don't think I've ever seen those players say cyril was better than them. Maybe he had more freakish talent, but their overall outputs were higher.

I would say he was excellent in 2018. I think most people would.

I would say he was excellent in 2018. I think most people would.

Strange he couldn't even make the top 10 in the BnF then... Finished below Josh Thomas. He obviously had some brilliant games, but he has not done it consistently. And yes he's had setbacks(a lot his own doing) but he also has a lot of quiet games that people forget, and has been horrible at set shot goal kicking.

Strange he couldn't even make the top 10 in the BnF then... Finished below Josh Thomas. He obviously had some brilliant games, but he has not done it consistently. And yes he's had setbacks(a lot his own doing) but he also has a lot of quiet games that people forget, and has been horrible at set shot goal kicking.
Well, actually...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back