Player Watch Jordan De Goey (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
His work rate off ball is country footy level.

The way he plays with arrogance like he is an 800k player, then drops marks, then drops clearances, then runs over the ball, then gets beaten in one one ones by Lemmens, the way he never tackles...I mean he is just completely unlikeable now.

Will be gone at the end of this year I would think.

Here is a comparison of De Goey with notorious whipping boy Callum Brown
De Goey (Left) vs Callum Brown (Right)
Disposals: 12.8 --- 10.7
Kicks: 8 --- 4.6
Handballs: 4.8 --- 6.1
Marks: 2 --- 3
Tackles: 1.3 --- 2.6
Goals: 1.2 --- 0.3
Clearances: 2.7 --- 0.7
Pressure Acts: 9.5 --- 16.9
Inside 50s: 2.2 --- 1.1
Clangers: 2.3 --- 1.1
Kicking Efficiency: 43.8% ---56.3%
Metres Gained: 213 --- 120.4
Contested Poss Rate: 42.3% ---37.3%
Ground Ball Gets: 3 ---3.1
Score Involvements: 5 --- 1.7

Now De Goey has played better this year but the difference is frankly very marginal. Brown also applies double the pressure. I'm not sure how De Goey has been getting a free pass yet Callum is consistently abused yet, one of these players actually tries his guts out and the other is too lazy to make second efforts and gets by on pure talent alone.

I hope we drop him for next week to hopefully light a fire in his ass and if not, look to trade him at the end of the year.

The problem is he is not a natural forward. Putting him on the ball is the right move and will pay off long term

I call bullsh1t , he has had ample chances on the ball this year and does sfa. Does not get enough of it, does not use it well enough and fumbles way too much. 8 years , 1 top 10 finish in the bnf and no top 5 finishes.

that’s a record for a player on 300k to 400k per year.

The numbers don’t lie, in anyone’s language he is a major disappointment!

At the moment he plays for a free everytime, when he doesn’t get it throws his arms up and cries to the ump while ignoring the live play.

He’s the biggest one effort player in the comp, totally gives up when it doesn’t go his way.

Needs a massive rocket. Doesn’t deserve more than a 500k contract.

Capable of so much more but wants the easy option.

At the moment he plays for a free everytime, when he doesn’t get it throws his arms up and cries to the ump while ignoring the live play.

He’s the biggest one effort player in the comp, totally gives up when it doesn’t go his way.

Needs a massive rocket. Doesn’t deserve more than a 500k contract.

Capable of so much more but wants the easy option.
Trade bait is what he is worth. Can't have self centred players around in a re-build who don't help teammates

Trade bait is what he is worth. Can't have self centred players around in a re-build who don't help teammates

If our man Ned is in charge of that trade it would end up being De Goey and our 2022 1st rd pick (likely to be pick 1-5) for a 2022 2nd and 2021 4th rd pick. He’d say it gives us real flexibility going forward with that 2nd

Sign him now, his value is at the lowest it’s ever been.

400k base with incentives to get it to 700k. The incentives are

#1 Pull your finger out and start trying

That’s it.

What a joke he's become, puts no effort what so ever once the ball has left his vicinity.

Looks like a Player who wants to be anywhere then on the Field

If our man Ned is in charge of that trade it would end up being De Goey and our 2022 1st rd pick (likely to be pick 1-5) for a 2022 2nd and 2021 4th rd pick. He’d say it gives us real flexibility going forward with that 2nd

Exactly. So we don't give Ned Guy and the rest of Brains trust the chance. let him walk as a free agent next year and get Band 1 compensation which could end up at pick 2 or 3 at the current rate. Might even improve under a new coach.

Though Trading him this year at his lowest value would be consistent with our recent trades

Sad but true. Wouldn’t be disappointed if Ned got sacked. Promised so much delivered a steaming pile of dog s**t.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here is a comparison of De Goey with notorious whipping boy Callum Brown
De Goey (Left) vs Callum Brown (Right)
Disposals: 12.8 --- 10.7
Kicks: 8 --- 4.6
Handballs: 4.8 --- 6.1
Marks: 2 --- 3
Tackles: 1.3 --- 2.6
Goals: 1.2 --- 0.3
Clearances: 2.7 --- 0.7
Pressure Acts: 9.5 --- 16.9
Inside 50s: 2.2 --- 1.1
Clangers: 2.3 --- 1.1
Kicking Efficiency: 43.8% ---56.3%
Metres Gained: 213 --- 120.4
Contested Poss Rate: 42.3% ---37.3%
Ground Ball Gets: 3 ---3.1
Score Involvements: 5 --- 1.7

Now De Goey has played better this year but the difference is frankly very marginal. Brown also applies double the pressure. I'm not sure how De Goey has been getting a free pass yet Callum is consistently abused yet, one of these players actually tries his guts out and the other is too lazy to make second efforts and gets by on pure talent alone.

I hope we drop him for next week to hopefully light a fire in his ass and if not, look to trade him at the end of the year.

Mate Callum Brown is easily in the worst 5 players in the comp and has the least effect of any player in the comp. He can't stick a tackle, can't kick, loses every one on one and just always gets tackled or slows play down.

Looked far more natural as a forward than mid in his 100-ish games thus far.

Agreed.

We all know he has the potential to be a great mid (which we need) but most of his actual impact has been as a forward.

You don’t have a clue. Will be a star elsewhere just another player who has had his development butchered by Buckley.
Jesus, players have to be held accountable when they happily take the big bucks. It's demands like his which have screwed the club. How about performing week in week out before you grab the cash.

Jesus, players have to be held accountable when they happily take the big bucks. It's demands like his which have screwed the club. How about performing week in week out before you grab the cash.
True, but nobody put a gun to the clubs head and forced it to accept the Grundy and DeGoey contracts. Everyone knows players will bluff for as much as they can get; similar to other clubs when they negotiate with us. Collingwood are just embarrassingly inept at negotiating. That's the real problem here.

Looks like a Player who wants to be anywhere then on the Field
A few of them look like that, he’s not the only one. Moore an AA back man on the forward line looks the same and it doesn’t surprise me.

I like Jordan, he's a fine young man, but I can't help but feel he's at a bit of a crossroads.

I think we need to take on Jake Stringer as mentor and life coach, so Jordy 'I won't let you down' De Goey can get the very best out of himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back