Player Watch Jordan De Goey (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
PieBeast you can laugh all you want. He had never won a BNF or been an All Australian and was 7 years into his career. He had only won Ports goal kicking once in 2011 a side that finished second bottom. Funny his first 3 full seasons post his knee reco he won 3 BNFs and was all Australian 4 times in a 6 year period.

Im sure the CFC board wont want to die wondering if a different coach could get the best of someone like DeGoey.

These players that might be dormant volcanoes just needing a different coaching environment and message along with different advice must give some leaning towards going for a different coach at the end of the year.

Martin could be a different player if not for people in the coaching ranks.
Exactly and seeings we will have a new coach next year we can see how that goes

Im sure the CFC board wont want to die wondering if a different coach could get the best of someone like DeGoey.

These players that might be dormant volcanoes just needing a different coaching environment and message along with different advice must give some leaning towards going for a different coach at the end of the year.

Martin could be a different player if not for people in the coaching ranks.
He'll never be a Martin but he has attributes and skills that are sadly wasted, very frustrating player.
The very first statement he made after being drafted was public and direct to Bucks and I quote . . . "I will not let you down".
It's a criminal waste of talent.

Very hard to argue with the assessments of McLure and Matthews in particular. JDG lacks the tank and grit to play midfield. The further from goal he is played, the smaller his impact.

Yet another player being played out of position by our master coaches and over-paid by our list managers.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I'm not disputing that Degoey needs a rocket up his clacker. But these things should not be leaked and played out in the media. The person (s) who have leaked this info don't have the club's best interests at heart. Who in our club witnesses something sensitive like Degoey getting savaged by teammates and goes and tells all to the media???? Find out who leaked it and fire them!!
More generally, it's not really DeGoey's fault he was touted as the next Dusty Martyn.

Don’t wanna really defend Jordy as he has his deficiencies (inconsistency, stamina and 2-3 efforts etc).
However I will just say, he was put on a pedestal for his earlier unproven sheer potential and everybody within the afl fraternity went on a circle jerk.
As in life, we the supporters, the media and everybody in general are quick to cut people down to size.
Just hope he can find a way to maximise his obvious talent

I’m hoping he becomes more like a Robbie Gray type.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Robbie remains one of my favourite players: tough, no-fuss, incredible contested player, smart, occasional matchwinner.

I'd be thrilled of JDG could give us one-half of Robbie's output.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

every time people compare De Goey to Martin a fairy dies, they’re not even in the same hemisphere, stop it. Imagine saints fans saying if Zak Jones was more consistent he could be close to Pendlebury or Swan.
He's more of a 2020 Stringer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back