Player Watch Jordan De Goey (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Road deaths were 1064 in Victoria going back ~20 years.
We have ~236 deaths in 2021 and ~5x the cars on the road.

Take out the old people with health issues, the drink/drug driving, suicides and there are very, very few road deaths.
Pet hate that we have to drive 40kmh everywhere under the guise of safety with ridiculous penalties for exceeding such modest speed limits.

Oh, we're in a Jordan De Goey thread on Bigfooty. Sorry.
It’s fantastic that drink driving deaths have continued to decrease. That doesn’t make driving a car at twice the legal limit any less serious.

Some posters have classified this as a minor incident.

Take out the old people with health issues, the drink/drug driving, suicides and there are very, very few road deaths.
Pet hate that we have to drive 40kmh everywhere under the guise of safety with ridiculous penalties for exceeding such modest speed limits.

Sexy Jimmy Fallon GIF by myLAB Box

this is facts, i'd rather all good drivers on the road not under the influence of anything speeding by up to 20km/hr than everyone follows the limits perfectly but a bunch of them are terrible drivers or under the influence or something. Absolutely ridiculous that you can go 54 (camera at the bottom of a hill) on a 50 road (that should be 60) and get fined 230 bucks (which is what people earn in an entire day's work) or whatever it is and people act like you are a bad person for thinking that speeding to that degree (we'll say <25% over the limit) is not a big deal and it shouldn't be so strict and so severe punishment.

As for De Goey, I'm assuming they looked at CCTV and s**t and it was just a scuffle/fight, obviously inappropriate behaviour on all sides but I think its been blown out of proportion. Glad to see things aren't as bad as they seemed initially. I want to see a huge season from De Goey and our boys. The excitement builds...

It’s fantastic that drink driving deaths have continued to decrease. That doesn’t make driving a car at twice the legal limit any less serious.

Some posters have classified this as a minor incident.
Who was driving twice the legal limit????

You don’t do maths well, do you??
I thought you must be adept at basic maths to be allowed to teach kids :think:
94kmh in an 80kmh zone…. Yep, double…nearly triple, right:p
I was referring to his drink driving charge when on his P plates.

The legal BA amount for a P plate driver is 0.00.
Yes, he was 0.09. This is still not double. It is still not double the limit for a full- licenced driver..
Ahhh, multiplication.. such a difficult concept..
I’d appreciate an apology for the personal slander.
Thanks in advance.

Agreed anything can happen and I'm prepared to hold my final judgement in abeyance but his track record in this regard is long and not promising.

My basic thoughts on his upcoming season is that the trust bond between player and club has been fractured - whatever the public statements say - but that both parties will use the season to their best advantage.

Jordan will try to have a ripper season to boost his open market net worth.

The club will decline anything much above a mid level contract and be happy with band 1 compensation.

yeh.... a win win.. the only problem is that there might be a load of vocal members banging on the doors wanting to know why the club has let him go to another club as a "bargain"...

as an old person with health issues, likes an occasional drink and has suicidal thoughts every few months, I take exception to being blamed for the modest speed limits..

Agreed anything can happen and I'm prepared to hold my final judgement in abeyance but his track record in this regard is long and not promising.
YOU? Hold your FINAL judgement? 🤣😂🤣. You've already made dozens of them in this thread alone. Give it a spell your holy judginess.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yeh.... a win win.. the only problem is that there might be a load of vocal members banging on the doors wanting to know why the club has let him go to another club as a "bargain"...

If he’s leaving at years end we’ll be well compensated. Reality is we could get a 1/2 dozen 1st round picks as compo and there’d be people here claiming we were ripped off and his destination club got a bargain. Worst case scenario, we’ll get at least 1 high-v/high 1st round pick.

The players love Jordy btw.

Also, there's no way he's only getting $450-$500k a season, whether with us or elsewhere unless he has an absolutely disastrous season.

He'll be on 750-800 I reckon, by mid May I reckon we could be hearing close to a $1M offers.

He'll be on 750-800 I reckon, by mid May I reckon we could be hearing close to a $1M offers.
No he won't. He will get 600k max from us and that would have to be a complete personality and form change. Do you think he was good playind midfield with us last year? You have to do more than get a kick behind the play and get most of your possessions in the back half. I love JDG and have always backed him but the guys an idiot and that video he was stupid enough to let out, it's going to stick for the rest of his career. He would have to get 700k plus a year on multiple years for us to get a first round pick for him. His only hope is to go back foirward and kick 50 goals and then another team might be dazzled

Some good stuff. Don’t forget to check the batteries in your smoke alarms, clean up anun rubbish around your house and out of your gutters that could be a hazard.
Been listening to SEN for the past half hour and have no idea when this ad break will be over...

Controversial Collingwood star Jordan De Goey doesn’t have an alcohol problem or anger management issues, according to his manager Ryan Vague.
But the Magpie midfielder/forward is committed to becoming “the best version of himself” ahead of a crunch 2022 AFL season.

In the wake of his US court dramas, which ended on Saturday after he was ordered to undergo anger management and alcohol therapy sessions as well a club-imposed program with the Salvation Army, De Goey is determined to make amends after pleading guilty to a harassment charge over a New York bar room brawl late last year.

Vague said De Goey was prepared to work hard to regain the trust of the club and was willing to meet with the AFL if required.

But he stressed it was unlikely there would be any further sanctions.

“We are not facing any (further) sanctions or any more from the footy club apart from the program put around him, the Salvos and a few other things we will work on,” Vague said on SEN.

“He will comply and meet with the AFL, but at this stage, everyone is comfortable with, in some ways, his penance of a stand down and time away from the footy club is enough.

“I don’t see any extra sanctions will come and we have all got to that point (in) agreeance.”

De Goey returned to Collingwood training last week after a three-month exile.

Vague said De Goey is unlikely to have a self-imposed alcohol ban as he goes into the final year of his contract with the Magpies.

“That hasn’t been something that at the moment we have been looking at,” his manager said.

“I know with the (New York) charges there was a bit of alcohol (involved) and the anger stuff that comes from the (education) sessions that he has to do. He will undergo that education and will be very compliant, and will be willing to do so.

“He doesn’t have an alcohol problem or an anger management problem, but he is willing to do that education.

“At this stage we don’t see Jordan doing a self-imposed alcohol ban, but if the time comes and he believes it would be better for him, he would consider it.

“But at this stage, from all the parties, we don’t see that being an issue.”

Vague said he believed the 25-year-old was as fit as he could possibly be – and hadn’t lost his touch with the ball – after a return to Collingwood training last week.

“We’d love to say we could forget about the last three months, but he has been doing his training (away from the club),” Vague said.

“He wants to have a big 2022 and I still believe the best version of Jordan De Goey is going to be this year upcoming.

“He is completely committed to that, so I hope he can go from strength to strength on the back of last year and really prove himself.”

Asked if a fit and focused De Goey could become the best player in the competition, Vague said: “I definitely think he wants to be. Jordan can be anything Jordan wants to be.

“He has shown brilliance, but (his) consistency probably hasn’t been there, but I wouldn’t put a ceiling on it.

“I would love to have a situation mid-season where you say, ‘He’s flying and in Brownlow contention’, but he just needs to work hard, put it together more consistently.”

De Goey, who finished fourth in Collingwood’s best-and-fairest last year, is keen to spend more time in the midfield this season.

He comes out of contract later this year, with his form and off-field behaviour being a big pointer to the future in terms of potential negotiations with the Magpies or offers from rival clubs for 2023 and beyond.

He has had some frank discussions with new Collingwood coach Craig McRae, who reached out in the situation, despite De Goey’s exclusion from the club.

“Jordan understands the seriousness of the situation and he did from the start, he’s extremely remorseful for putting himself in that place, and his actions, and he has apologised for that,” Vague said.

“Now we have got some really good things in place at the club, he had some good support around him from a professional sense.

“Craig reached out early in the piece … He has been really good for Jordan

“They have had plenty of contact throughout and as we worked through stuff with the club a couple of face-to-face meetings.”

De Goey’s manager likes the word “but” and the phrase “at this stage”, I see. One wonders how he became a player manager rather than, say, a former football player turned commentator.

De Goey’s manager likes the word “but” and the phrase “at this stage”, I see. One wonders how he became a player manager rather than, say, a former football player turned commentator.
Is he even a credited manager? Its his brother in law, yeah? Isn't he a fireman? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back