Recommitted Jordan de Goey [re-signed]

And they will offer him even more this year , They have been banking and front loading the last 5 years with nobody left to pay the $$$
Im expecting a big big offer for de goey this year provided he starts off the year well
Let the distraction begin

Key is we need to have a good year, can’t just be money to get players over

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Let the distraction begin

Key is we need to have a good year, can’t just be money to get players over
Unfortunately North are in a pretty sad situation as to not having big games on big grounds or a big following
North will struggle to attract the big name players unless it pays way over what they get from their current clubs

Unfortunately North are in a pretty sad situation as to not having big games on big grounds or a big following
North will struggle to attract the big name players unless it pays way over what they get from their current clubs
If we have a good year
Money plus club on the rise will be more than enough

Money alone nearly got some of the biggest names over

Mikevk123

Premiership Player
Jun 25, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
Won’t leave. Guarantee unless he’s given like 1.4-5 a season which he’s not worth

tigerwill

Premiership Player
Mar 19, 2008
AFL Club
Richmond
Then did he just go to GWS HQ just for Fun

No his manager pushed him in that direction, not the club. Big difference to what was stated.
Many players explore their options.
Care to show any link to where it states the club tried to trade him?
Or will you just plonk another childish gif in for shits n giggles. Put up time sonny.

Gosaints12

Premiership Player
Sep 10, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ferrari
His next contract starts in 2021 when he’s 33. If he’s on more than a 1 year deal at $300-400k Collingwood don’t deserve to keep the others together. He owns the gym next to the club (rort) so he’s been well looked after and his tenure beyond 2020 won’t be about money.

I mean you’ve answered your own question haven’t you by including Cox? Now we’ve brought in Cameron and Lynch has been promoted to the senior list, both no names capable of matching his 19 output, he needs to step up in 2020 to even earn a new contract.

If you delist him, dips! If not have a future 3rd and 400k off your books.

Gosaints12

Premiership Player
Sep 10, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ferrari
To clarify how exactly do Melbourne find room in their salary cap for him? Their list is quality despite the s**t 2019, they’ve added Thomlinson and Langdon this off-season and have Petracca to re-sign. Congrats to them if they can get it done, but I can’t see them finding $1m pa to attract a player of his quality. Then we need to consider they don’t have a 2020 1st rounder.

Brisbane acquiring that Port 1st rounder (which will be early) scares me because they now have the cap space, trade capital and lifestyle...

Brissie dark horse.

May 28, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks
And they will offer him even more this year , They have been banking and front loading the last 5 years with nobody left to pay the $$$
Im expecting a big big offer for de goey this year provided he starts off the year well
Brown will rightfully get a big contract - save the rest for our young guns coming through.

De Goey is a $1m pa player on the open market, at least. Genuine star. Players tend to take unders to stay if a club can get close to their open market figure.

Happy with a bidding war, any clubs interested sign up, we’ll beat you all. Well bar North Melbourne.
It won’t come to that, but you can dream.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
De Goey is a $1m pa player on the open market, at least. Genuine star. Players tend to take unders to stay if a club can get close to their open market figure.

But will JDG's body hold up, does he have the mental application and discipline to be the amazing player we all think he can be ?

If I am Collingwood's power brokers, I would be asking those questions.

Jul 25, 2008
The Linc
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Oakland Raiders
But will JDG's body hold up, does he have the mental application and discipline to be the amazing player we all think he can be ?

If I am Collingwood's power brokers, I would be asking those questions.

You’d think he needs to hit 20 matches in order to justify another club offering a $1m contract. Personally I’m not chasing a guy that misses half a dozen matches a year (it’s his current average) on that sort of coin.

I expect Collingwood will offer $800k, regardless of the answer to the above Q’s, so for me it’s about him kicking 50+ and receiving a $1.2m type offer which will happen if he plays a full season. He’s setting himself up for it with a good pre-season, but he usually shits the bed around Feb (he had a disruption at that point from 16-18).

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Personally i think he took unders to stay at the Pies last time North came calling , I think he will be expecting a good pay day and similar to Grundy deal 7 x $1mil would be around the mark imo.

Back