Rumour Jordan De Goey - The Oracle that is Kane Cornes

Remove this Banner Ad

Osho

By God and the mauser.
Jul 9, 2021
AFL Club
GWS
This is JDG's history noting that some charges were dropped. Debuted at Collingwood in 2015.

March 2017
Given a three-match suspension and fined $5000 by Collingwood after lying to the club about a broken hand. De Goey originally told the club he broke his hand playing with his dog, when in reality he broke it during a bar fight in St Kilda.

February 2018
Charged with drink-driving after being stopped by police. De Goey blew .095, twice the legal limit, in Port Melbourne and was suspended and fined $10,000 by Collingwood.

July 2020
Victoria Police charged De Goey with indecent assault in relation to an incident in Kew in 2015. The charges were later dropped in 2021.

August 2021

De Goey was fined $2075 after pleading guilty to seven road offences, which included speeding, using his mobile phone while driving, driving while suspended and not displaying P-plates.

October 2021
De Goey spent a night in a US jail, after being arrested and charged with forcible touching after an incident in a New York nightclub. Those charges were later dropped, but De Goey was also charged with harrassment and assault after allegedly punching a kicking a man in the same nightclub.

January 2022
After the New York incident, De Goey pleaded guilty to the harassment charge and was ordered to undergo anger and alcohol counselling by the court. He was fined $10,000 by the AFL for conduct unbecoming and also did work with the Salvation Army.
Omitted...the June 2022 incident.

What is the charge or breach please for the latest incident...Im not trolling...what rule was broken?

Muddiemoose

Aug 24, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Omitted...the June 2022 incident.

What is the charge or breach please for the latest incident...Im not trolling...what rule was broken?
Clubs have all kinds of individual conduct rules that we don’t know about, the other week a young Freo player missed a game because he got on the piss after a game

Just because no formal laws had been broken doesn't mean he hasn’t broken any club rules or standards/ code of conduct

Xtreme

Hall of Famer
Jul 21, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Context goes a long way, it appears most people just look at a single 2 second act and come to their own conclusion. It may not have been the right thing to do, but the media and the perfect people of bigfooty are making out hes just gone up to some stranger and ripped her top off. Clearly they get along and clearly she has no issue with it. What if he tapped her on the bum during the night, is that sexual assault also? Or is there no footage of that? They’re friends and they got touchy, big whoopie.
Context people. So many hero’s in here.

He made eye contact with me, he must be taken to the iron maiden!!

Osho

By God and the mauser.
Jul 9, 2021
AFL Club
GWS
Clubs have all kinds of individual conduct rules that we don’t know about, the other week a young Freo player missed a game because he got on the piss after a game

Just because no formal laws had been broken doesn't mean he hasn’t broken any club rules or standards/ code of conduct
Okay, understood. What club rules and what specific code of conduct. Can anybody clarify this?

Muddiemoose

Aug 24, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Okay, understood. What club rules and what specific code of conduct. Can anybody clarify this?
Nope, but why does that matter?
Did you know about the alcohol drinking rules that Fremantle has? Or every individual clause in each players personalised contract or rules established by leadership groups of clubs?

JyeDye

All Australian
May 16, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
How are we supposed to know? Why do you keep asking this as if Collingwood’s lawyers are sitting here on BigFooty about to post Jordan’s entire contract and highlight the clauses that have been affected? I’d imagine there would be a social media policy that outlines something along the lines of Jordan being an extension of Collingwood’s brand and he should not put their brand in jeopardy with sponsors and what not. Not everything needs to be illegal by the letter of the law to get you in trouble with your employer.

Personally, my posts regarding this have been about how people are saying this is a nonstory or defending his actions as typical fun. How Collingwood handle their own employee’s behaviour is beyond anything I care about. I don’t think anyone is saying Jordan should be going to jail or should be missing games, but a consistent showing of disrespecting women would get most people in trouble from their employer especially considering the company’s public image.

Rod Stroker

Hall of Famer
Oct 9, 2003
Singapore / 30,000 feet
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Eagles (NFL), Suns (NBA)
I love it how when Chris Scott was asked on AFL360 if Geelong would make a move for DeGoey, Scott says it's not a decision for a coach but rather for the list management team, yet this morning Voss a head coach says the Blues aren't interested.

Rod Stroker

Hall of Famer
Oct 9, 2003
Singapore / 30,000 feet
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Eagles (NFL), Suns (NBA)
He made eye contact with me, he must be taken to the iron maiden!!
e203fa2252590980233dfb43647d98b6.jpg

BringouttheGimp

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 18, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
PAOK of SALONIKA LIVERPOOL
I love it how when Chris Scott was asked on AFL360 if Geelong would make a move for DeGoey, Scott says it's not a decision for a coach but rather for the list management team, yet this morning Voss a head coach says the Blues aren't interested.

So there's no cross departmental collaboration or whatever you call it and that at Carlton and that man? Voss is control freaking it.. sort of a thing?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The 747

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 19, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong

It is possible that the two clubs have different decision making structures.

SuperMal

All Australian
Jul 28, 2021
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
LEEDS F’jh#$@G UNITED
I heard him speak today - I’ll put my hand up and say his articulation and sensibilitiy was far above your usual footballer.

I suspect the ADHD thing may have some merit.......but more likely he’s got an issue with the ‘gear’...big time.

Osho

By God and the mauser.
Jul 9, 2021
AFL Club
GWS
How are we supposed to know? Why do you keep asking this as if Collingwood’s lawyers are sitting here on BigFooty about to post Jordan’s entire contract and highlight the clauses that have been affected? I’d imagine there would be a social media policy that outlines something along the lines of Jordan being an extension of Collingwood’s brand and he should not put their brand in jeopardy with sponsors and what not. Not everything needs to be illegal by the letter of the law to get you in trouble with your employer.

Personally, my posts regarding this have been about how people are saying this is a nonstory or defending his actions as typical fun. How Collingwood handle their own employee’s behaviour is beyond anything I care about. I don’t think anyone is saying Jordan should be going to jail or should be missing games, but a consistent showing of disrespecting women would get most people in trouble from their employer especially considering the company’s public image.
If you don't care, okay, be silent.

People usually repeat a q when it hasn't been answered. In this case even the club has no clear reason, apart from generalities. Again, what is the specific reason and breach which triggered the club's response? If it's just "a bad look" or "in response to media", then geewizz well done.

Have a gizz at this:

BringouttheGimp

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 18, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
PAOK of SALONIKA LIVERPOOL
Jordy should have played his lil part for the community by.. I dunnnoooo.. maybe tweeting something like.. I dunnoooo.. 'I wear shirts made from recycled plastic'.. or something like that.

That might just have been enough.. I reckon.

janty

Team Captain
Jan 5, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Good lesson to the kids. Talent isn't enough. If you've got a s**t attitude, you either won't make it or won't make your potential.

He's the biggest ******** in the game and he's "only" going to be on 600K next season. Talent is more than enough.

Maurice Mitchell

All Australian
Aug 25, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
Not sure why there was so much debate about his actions. The story here is he has form and Collingwood would’ve been demanding he doesn’t find his way on to the front page of the waiting, salivating media.

The fact the he either wasn’t aware that he was under scrutiny or couldn’t care less because he was on the piss shows you where his head’s at.

When you have a track record; when the media’s waiting for you to even slightly put a foot wrong, then that is dopey.

Shows a lack of consideration for your club, the officials and teammates. All of whom have had front the press do damage control or have the hyenas swarm all over them on their way to training.

Have some respect for those around you who have no doubt already helped you in the past and keep a low profile.

Pure_Ownage

Premium Platinum
Nov 26, 2008
PODS fan club office
AFL Club
Geelong

To be fair that has more to do with how much respect Stephen Wells has at geelong than anything else..no list decisions get made without him and scott has a very consultative approach and defers to Wells on that.

Remove this Banner Ad