Rumour Jordan De Goey - The Oracle that is Kane Cornes

Remove this Banner Ad

FourthTimeAround

All Australian
Jun 6, 2022
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
There is a hell of a lot here, on social media and in the media itself telling a young woman that she should be outraged at something she had no problem with.
Surely they understand what the difference is between what she doesn't have a problem with personally, and what is posted on social media with someone who is expected to behave better than that publicly?
Maybe they don't understand.
Fair enough.

BringouttheGimp

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 18, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
PAOK of SALONIKA LIVERPOOL
I think a proper sanction should be only James Blunt and Rick Astley on Jordys playlists for the rest of the season

They'll always be someone offended by Blunt Astley Joye and Walter tracks.. and they'll always be someone offended by someone offended by Blunt Astley Joye and Walter tracks.. and you throw gossip and desires and judgements into the mix.. oh kala.

It's just the way it is man.. it's just the way it is.

Let's call it.. umm.. I dunno.. Bluntastleyjoyewalterism.. maybe?

BringouttheGimp

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 18, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
You've got the decision to fine him a suspended $25k man.. are we playing pretend here or what man.. cause if we are.. we're pretty much all about maintaining a pretence man.. don't wanna risk pursuing what's real man.. that's one of the great paradoxes man.. it takes more work to pretend than just keep it real man.. results.. karma man.. take .5% 1% 2% 5% off of our chances off winning premierships man.

It is what it is man.. it is what it is. Oh well.

Never learn.

Football!!!

burge13

Norm Smith Medallist
Suspended
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
You've got the decision to fine him a suspended $25k man.. are we playing pretend here or what man.. cause if we are.. we're pretty much all about maintaining a pretence man.. don't wanna risk pursuing what's real man.. that's one of the great paradoxes man.. it takes more work to pretend than just keep it real man.. results.. karma man.. take .5% 1% 2% 5% off of our chances off winning premierships man.

It is what it is man.. it is what it is. Oh well.

Never learn.

Football!!!
Man

BringouttheGimp

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 18, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Jordan could always play his lil part for the community by tweeting something like.. I dunno.. something like.. ummmm.. ummmm..

'I think all footballers should be forced to spend their holiday's in the countryside.. tea in the morning.. vegan cucumber and celery sandwiches for lunch and dinner.. potato sack racing it with the locals whilst gaining intimate knowledge of the local trees flora and fauna in the area.. end the holiday with a quiz on the environment and be rewarded with a packet of vegan potato chips'.

That might juuuust be enough I reckon.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

matthew_s

Club Legend
Aug 19, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
I reckon he will be at west coast next year
wc give this year's 1st & next year's 1st
For DeGoey & Pies 1st this year

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app
if we are making s**t up...

I reckon he'll be at freo next year, Longmuir will be stressing after getting bounced in straight sets.

he'll live with senior player Fyfe to provide a positive influence

It won't work out though, Perth is even closer to Bali and Jordy will out Fyfe as a virgin dog again in a drunken bender in Kuta

BringouttheGimp

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 18, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Jordy should play his lil part for the community by tweeting something like..
I dunno.. something like..

'Yeah I know.. Robbie Williams has been an irresistible and dominant force in the world of music.. but I'm opposed to him getting the GF gig.. not everyone believes in 'Angels'.. and 'Feel' and 'Let me entertain you' too controversial for my liking.'

That might juuuust be enough I reckon.

Elmer_Judd

SFA AA And Premiership Player #S34
Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
The fact is, like him or not, Robbo's job is to report what is happening, and clearly some female players at Collingwood are unhappy with De Goey's behaviour (in New York) and Browne's inappropriate joke about it.

Now if most Collingwood supporters think this is a nothing/ratchet/beat up story fine, but it's going to end up costing them some AFLW players and probably some corporate sponsors in the process.

Sun Ra

Club Legend
Sep 26, 2021
Saturn
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Baghdad Boomers
The fact is, like him or not, Robbo's job is to report what is happening, and clearly some female players at Collingwood are unhappy with De Goey's behaviour (in New York) and Browne's inappropriate joke about it.

Now if most Collingwood supporters think this is a nothing/ratchet/beat up story fine, but it's going to end up costing them some AFLW players and probably some corporate sponsors in the process.
To be fair I think Eddie told Brownie that joke and he just passed it on. I heard Eddie got the joke from Trevor Marmalade.
So where does the blame finally end ? Daryl Somers ? I think so. Cancel him for goodness sake.

Last edited:

Pistol Night

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 3, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood

Whats happening? It happened 2 months ago numb nuts

GudOnya

Club Legend
May 15, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tennessee Titans, Predators
Like it or not the AFL is a business, the clubs are also businesses, and whether you agree with the modern culture leanings or not this has caused reputational damage for Jordan, his club and the AFL. I've moved staff who earn more than Jordan ever will on for similar things. Bottom line is, this sort of s**t is bad for business.

Sun Ra

Club Legend
Sep 26, 2021
Saturn
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Baghdad Boomers
Like it or not the AFL is a business, the clubs are also businesses, and whether you agree with the modern culture leanings or not this has caused reputational damage for Jordan, his club and the AFL. I've moved staff who earn more than Jordan ever will on for similar things. Bottom line is, this sort of s**t is bad for business.
I've always hated and I really mean "hated" the use of the term "industry" to describe a sport.
This is / was the beginning of the end. Everything just got a bit more fkd after that, sorry. It is still a game.

Last edited:

GudOnya

Club Legend
May 15, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tennessee Titans, Predators
I've always hated and I really mean using the word "hated" referring to the use of the term "industry" to describe a sport.
This is was the beginning of the end. Everything just got a bit more fkd after that, sorry. It is still a game.
For me it's better than the word "product" but that's what it is at the end of the day. Being a "game" doesn't change that, just look at the video game industry now where they spend $100 million on making some of them.

The world is changing, as it always has, and as much as that sucks sometimes it is what it is.

Whether anyone here agrees with the perception that De Goey did the wrong thing or not, it's bad for business.

Remove this Banner Ad