Rumour Jordan De Goey - The Oracle that is Kane Cornes

Remove this Banner Ad

owen87

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
So say he had a coupla drinks and that man.. isn't that what some footballers do on their holiday's and that man? Something wrong with it and that man? Seriously man. C'mon man.

Given his track record whilst drinking (along with Steven May) that's where they've gone wrong.

If you can't handle not being a menace drinking, probably give up on drinking for the duration of your AFL career while you're making > 10 times the average wage as a public figure.

Drink as much as you like when you're done and deal with the consequences of it.

BringouttheGimp

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 18, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
PAOK of SALONIKA LIVERPOOL
Draft less, riff more BringouttheHunterS.Thompson.

No worries man.. you know when I go into the studio and that man.. I can finish a track and demo and that in a few hrs or whatever and that man.. some days.. I can write a track in 5 minutes man and I'm happy with it and that man.. other tracks take yrs to write and that man.

BringouttheGimp

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 18, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Given his track record whilst drinking (along with Steven May) that's where they've gone wrong.

If you can't handle not being a menace drinking, probably give up on drinking for the duration of your AFL career while you're making > 10 times the average wage as a public figure.

Drink as much as you like when you're done and deal with the consequences of it.

Was he acting like a menace in Bali?

owen87

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Was he acting like a menace in Bali?

Exposing a girl in public is on the menace side of the ledger. But again, has a long history of making bad choices when drinking. Goes to Bali and drinks in a mid-season break.

Not the hallmarks of someone intent on getting the utmost out of themselves.

If it was a one-off incident from a player with no history, the conversation being had would be very different.

BringouttheGimp

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 18, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams

He is earning 10 times the amt of public figures? He is one of the best at what he does.. so he actually deserves it.

owen87

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon

BringouttheGimp

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 18, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Exposing a girl in public is on the menace side of the ledger. But again, has a long history of making bad choices when drinking. Goes to Bali and drinks in a mid-season break.

Not the hallmarks of someone intent on getting the utmost out of themselves.

If it was a one-off incident from a player with no history, the conversation being had would be very different.

Does her statement not make any sense to you?

I can come out and say.. there's no way I'd act like that at a nightclub.. doesn't make a difference though. It's really none of my business. The only thing that concerns me.. did he break any rules.. no.. did he break any laws.. no. That's it! Get back on the track.

owen87

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon

I can come out and say.. there's no way I'd act like that at a nightclub.. doesn't make a difference though. It's really none of my business. The only thing that concerns me.. did he break any rules.. no.. did he break any laws.. no. That's it! Get back on the track.

Of course you want to let him off. You're a Collingwood supporter.

owen87

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Let him off from what exactly.. the law is the law.. rules are rules.. did he break any? No! I'm not the judge and jury man.

Who said he broke the law?

He's a bloke who's good at kicking a ball that can't handle being on the piss.

Lucky he's got you in here white knighting for him while Collingwood pulls the $800k a year contract offer he had on the table.

BringouttheGimp

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 18, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Who said he broke the law?

He's a bloke who's good at kicking a ball that can't handle being on the piss.

Lucky he's got you in here white knighting for him while Collingwood pulls the $800k a year contract offer he had on the table.

I'm not white knighting for him at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BringouttheGimp

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 18, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
No you're just the most prolific poster in this thread and happen to be defending him and happen to be a Collingwood supporter...

I'll tell you something man.. I've praised Ginnivan for his style of game.. Selwood and Hawkins.. I don't like em.. but I've praised em for knowing how to get freebies. If one of your players had a good time in Bali.. and they turned it into a bs fiasco.. I'd back him. I'm actually taking the emotion out of it. I'm actually being respectful.

Last edited:

owen87

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
I'll tell you something man.. I've praised Ginnivan for his style of game.. Selwood and Hawkins.. I don't like em.. but I've praised em for knowing how to get freebies. If one of your players had a good time in Bali.. and they turned into a bs fiasco.. I'd back him. I'm actually taking the emotion out of it. I'm actually being respectful.

Sure. By being the most prolific poster defending DeGoey's Bali trip whilst also being a Collingwood supporter. No emotion whatsoever.

BringouttheGimp

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 18, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Sure. By being the most prolific poster defending DeGoey's Bali trip whilst also being a Collingwood supporter. No emotion whatsoever.

I was 'theeee' most prolific poster in Buckley threads as well.

theyellowsash

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 9, 2009
Footscray
AFL Club
Richmond

I guess thats why we always ignore all the bruises when a woman tells us her violent husband treats her right

BringouttheGimp

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 18, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams

What's your motivation for posting in this thread?

owen87

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
What's your motivation for posting in this thread?

Was browsing this scandals board. New posts in this thread, took a look, posters continue to try to whitewash DeGoey being a drunk dickhead, replied, here we are.

BringouttheGimp

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 18, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
May as well not even post about anything in here really.. a charge being withdrawn after being thoroughly investigated.. tho rough ly in vest i ga ted.. police paying the 15k in legal fees.. in one ear.. out the next.

owen87

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon

Yes, truly bizarre that someone who follows football, reading a football forum, would comment on a thread involving a football player.

You think DeGoey is a great bloke, should be on the piss all the time, no issue with his behaviour whatsoever, we get it. No convictions right? All good.

Rabish Binney

Left out overnight
Sep 7, 2021
Off the land, rural SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt; Man City
Yes, truly bizarre that someone who follows football, reading a football forum, would comment on a thread involving a football player.

You think DeGoey is a great bloke, should be on the piss all the time, no issue with his behaviour whatsoever, we get it. No convictions right? All good.
I wonder if JDG played for Essendon (or any other club for that matter) - would the Gimp be defending him like he is now?

I very much doubt it.

BringouttheGimp

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 18, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
I wonder if JDG played for Essendon (or any other club for that matter) - would the Gimp be defending him like he is now?

I very much doubt it.

You know what's funny man.. those who really know me.. the 7 yrs I've been here.. as far as the club's concerned.. players and coaches etc.. they know I make decisions based on logic.. proof is in the pudding mate. I'm not emotionally invested in De Goey.. when I say we should sign him for at least another 2.. I've actually taken everything into consideration.

Remove this Banner Ad