Rumour Jordan De Goey - The Oracle that is Kane Cornes

Remove this Banner Ad

On a broader note, I wonder whether the players at Collingwood miss Eddie now a bit? Rightly or wrongly (and in my opinion many times wrongly) , he would go into bat for his players and at least present a different perspective about things like this to the media.
They players let him down a few times but he was loyal to a tee. He lived the values of the club, didn’t matter what you did he would back you and stand side by side with you and take the heat

And the bar is pretty hideous if it's just an accusation. Do you know how s**t a case the police have to present in order to have to pay costs?
They’d have to have a better case than a situation that the cops won’t touch at all

And again we’re talking about two separate times

Who cares who it was, she said she was ok with it and noting to see here, yet everyone is trying to find something to crucify him with.

A caller on 3AW even said what about the bystanders that were watching that would have been offended by what was taking place.

Give us a spell.
So, You reckon if it was Trevor the Sparky from Horsham she would have allowed it?

Somehow I don’t think so.

Anything for Instagram clicks I guess.

Who cares who it was, she said she was ok with it and noting to see here, yet everyone is trying to find something to crucify him with.

A caller on 3AW even said what about the bystanders that were watching that would have been offended by what was taking place.

Give us a spell.
This is a major problem these days. There is always someone who wants to be offended on behalf of someone who isn't actually offended themselves.

They’d have to have a better case than a situation that the cops won’t touch at all

And again we’re talking about two separate times
As a kid I remember hearing about the Salem witch trials. I was shocked that a community would be so ignorant to sentence people based on innuendo, without any burden of proof. I'm not shocked anymore, but I still think it's ignorant.

As a kid I remember hearing about the Salem witch trials. I was shocked that a community would be so ignorant to sentence people based on innuendo, without any burden of proof. I'm not shocked anymore, but I still think it's ignorant.
Mate it was two different people in two different countries, one of whom is odds on to have had no idea who he is

And now we have video of him doing something that could easily be construed as sexual assault had he done it without consent

No one is putting him to death or even putting him in jail all that’s being stated is that in many places you’d be sacked for stuff like this and eventually the AFL is going to have to do something about him

Mate it was two different people in two different countries, one of whom is odds on to have had no idea who he is

And now we have video of him doing something that could easily be construed as sexual assault had he done it without consent

No one is putting him to death or even putting him in jail all that’s being stated is that in many places you’d be sacked for stuff like this and eventually the AFL is going to have to do something about him
I fully appreciate that people can be and are sacked due to uninformed perceptions of things that appear on social media and that rumours and innuendo can unequivocally destroy peoples careers as well as putting them under some pretty awful social pressure that can be extremely damaging, but I can't believe that some people support this occurring and think they are morally in the right when they encourage it to occur.

Last edited:
This is JDG's history noting that some charges were dropped. Debuted at Collingwood in 2015.

March 2017
Given a three-match suspension and fined $5000 by Collingwood after lying to the club about a broken hand. De Goey originally told the club he broke his hand playing with his dog, when in reality he broke it during a bar fight in St Kilda.

February 2018
Charged with drink-driving after being stopped by police. De Goey blew .095, twice the legal limit, in Port Melbourne and was suspended and fined $10,000 by Collingwood.

July 2020
Victoria Police charged De Goey with indecent assault in relation to an incident in Kew in 2015. The charges were later dropped in 2021.

August 2021

De Goey was fined $2075 after pleading guilty to seven road offences, which included speeding, using his mobile phone while driving, driving while suspended and not displaying P-plates.

October 2021
De Goey spent a night in a US jail, after being arrested and charged with forcible touching after an incident in a New York nightclub. Those charges were later dropped, but De Goey was also charged with harrassment and assault after allegedly punching a kicking a man in the same nightclub.

January 2022
After the New York incident, De Goey pleaded guilty to the harassment charge and was ordered to undergo anger and alcohol counselling by the court. He was fined $10,000 by the AFL for conduct unbecoming and also did work with the Salvation Army.

For me it comes from a place that he assumed consent and that he could objectify her, he went in to expose her breast but she brushed his hand away therefore he didn’t have consent to perform that action

She’s okay with the attempt after the fact but the fact he attempted it in the first place is problematic and shows a disrespectful attitude towards a woman

You can’t even do that at a strip club and expect not to be thrown out on your ass

If she wanted to she could of easily claimed sexual assault and had a decent case
He just got lucky it wasn’t the case
This, exactly this

For me it comes from a place that he assumed consent and that he could objectify her, he went in to expose her breast but she brushed his hand away therefore he didn’t have consent to perform that action

She’s okay with the attempt after the fact but the fact he attempted it in the first place is problematic and shows a disrespectful attitude towards a woman

You can’t even do that at a strip club and expect not to be thrown out on your ass

If she wanted to she could of easily claimed sexual assault and had a decent case
He just got lucky it wasn’t the case

Some of what you have said is a decent take. The guy seems to have a history of getting pissed, assuming consent (probably because he has a high opinion of himself), and then doing dumb things. I think the guy is a grub and an idiot. Having said that, as others have said, (and this is based on the assumption the clips were not re-arranged), she does not seem that perturbed. We don't know how much she had to do with him prior and as to the reasonableness of his behavior. At the end of the day, the only person that matters is the woman and if she wasn't overly offended, then this is a complete non story.

The thing that boring old feminists and do-gooders don't seem to realize is that they are nothing like the young women they are purporting to protect. For every one that thinks 'consent is sexy', there are 100 that want their partners to bend them over the couch and gently (or not so gently) pull their hair. Men are expected to lead. Men are expected to test boundaries. Half- Intelligent people navigate these situations fairly well (unfortunately De Goey is an idiot). As a 36 year old, who has been with my wife for 10 years I would routinely grab her butt without asking and have that be welcome 99 times out of 100. These morons would claim that I sexually assaulted my wife 1 or even 100 times out of the 100. Meanwhile my wife would agree that our relationship would be for the worse if I were to not act spontaneously and rather constantly ask 'can I touch your butt, can I stroke your hair, can I grab your boobs?'

The reaction from the woman (and again assuming the footage afterward was actually chronologically after the boob grab) suggest she was embarrassed and didn't want her breast exposed in public (perfectly understandable and her right). The fact that she was still around having fun later on indicate the behavior was otherwise consensual and any suggestions of sexual assault are completely over the top.

When do people stop getting the excuse of still learning. De Goey is 26, he is not a minor who’s in a troubled environment, he’s a highly paid professional who has a strong support network and club around him. Yet he still consistently puts himself in scandalous situations, one would think that by now a 26-year-old would have learned. When do we stop saying he’s still learning and instead say he’s refusing to learn? Especially when those ‘mistakes’ that he is learning from are putting others in harms way: drink driving, assault cases, sexual assault accusations.

A person with sexual assault accusations attached to their name you would think would have learned that trying to grope and expose a drunk woman’s breast is not okay. She says that it was okay, but she clearly swatted his hand away, meaning she did not invite or consent to the action at the time. I’m not going to argue anything further on that point because as you said, she seems fine with it afterwards so I’m not going to battle on her behalf. But now I’m supposed to feel sorry for De Goey as he's being mistreated by the media. That he’s just a young guy with expendable income so now I just let him get away with whatever he wants, because boys will be boys? No, he did some stupid s**t, he needed to apologize for it instead of doubling down and now he is getting the reward of his own stupidity. Do I agree with every media personality and how this has played out? No, but stop asking what he did wrong and why is this even a story.

Also Wayne Carey should not be a commentator. The people who say that he should be I would assume are typically more aligned with your views.
brilliant post

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What rule, regulation, law or social more did JDG breach to earn his penalty?

Pies, the club, have collapsed and kow towed to the media insanity. Tail wagging dog. Very shitty of them collapsing like a cardboard highrise.

This is JDG's history noting that some charges were dropped. Debuted at Collingwood in 2015.

March 2017
Given a three-match suspension and fined $5000 by Collingwood after lying to the club about a broken hand. De Goey originally told the club he broke his hand playing with his dog, when in reality he broke it during a bar fight in St Kilda.

February 2018
Charged with drink-driving after being stopped by police. De Goey blew .095, twice the legal limit, in Port Melbourne and was suspended and fined $10,000 by Collingwood.

July 2020
Victoria Police charged De Goey with indecent assault in relation to an incident in Kew in 2015. The charges were later dropped in 2021.

August 2021

De Goey was fined $2075 after pleading guilty to seven road offences, which included speeding, using his mobile phone while driving, driving while suspended and not displaying P-plates.

October 2021
De Goey spent a night in a US jail, after being arrested and charged with forcible touching after an incident in a New York nightclub. Those charges were later dropped, but De Goey was also charged with harrassment and assault after allegedly punching a kicking a man in the same nightclub.

January 2022
After the New York incident, De Goey pleaded guilty to the harassment charge and was ordered to undergo anger and alcohol counselling by the court. He was fined $10,000 by the AFL for conduct unbecoming and also did work with the Salvation Army.
Omitted...the June 2022 incident.

What is the charge or breach please for the latest incident...Im not trolling...what rule was broken?

Omitted...the June 2022 incident.

What is the charge or breach please for the latest incident...Im not trolling...what rule was broken?
Clubs have all kinds of individual conduct rules that we don’t know about, the other week a young Freo player missed a game because he got on the piss after a game

Just because no formal laws had been broken doesn't mean he hasn’t broken any club rules or standards/ code of conduct

Remove this Banner Ad

Back