Jordan De Goey v Jayden Laverde

Who will end up the better player?

• Jordan De Goey

• Jayden Laverde

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone would take either in a heartbeat.

Though JDG has well and truly slowed down throughout the second half of the year I'd only be concerned is it starts becoming a trend for the next couple of years. The upside to both players is huge.

Anyone would take either in a heartbeat.

Though JDG has well and truly slowed down throughout the second half of the year I'd only be concerned is it starts becoming a trend for the next couple of years. The upside to both players is huge.

Haven't seen much Collingwood of late. How has he slowed? Thought he was fitting in really well in the early days but interested to know from someone that watches why he is being given some time in the 2's.

Haven't seen much Collingwood of late. How has he slowed? Thought he was fitting in really well in the early days but interested to know from someone that watches why he is being given some time in the 2's.

De Goey is spudding it up big time of late. Some of his kicking and decision making has been well below par imo.

Very good game from De Goey tonight. 19 touches, 7 marks, 2 goals and 3 goal assists. Has still got a long way to go & has had a fairly average second year but tonight was a good step forward.

Degoey's been dissapointing, our massive injury list is the only reason he's seen so much senior action this year and even then he was dropped a few weeks back, he's slow not just by movement but by brain, gets caught consistantly with the ball and butchers it when he doesn't, rumour going around he carrying OP, hope it's true cause if it aint we've wasted a prime pick.

Degoey's been dissapointing, our massive injury list is the only reason he's seen so much senior action this year and even then he was dropped a few weeks back, he's slow not just by movement but by brain, gets caught consistantly with the ball and butchers it when he doesn't, rumour going around he carrying OP, hope it's true cause if it aint we've wasted a prime pick.

He's an inside mid playing across half forward. I thought he started quite well and was deservedly dropped. His games against the Dogs (19 touches, 7 marks, 2 goals, 3 goal assists) and Suns (15 touches, 3 goals) were quite good I thought. He compares very favourably with the other mids taken around his pick and after. No cause for concern from me.

He's an inside mid playing across half forward. I thought he started quite well and was deservedly dropped. His games against the Dogs (19 touches, 7 marks, 2 goals, 3 goal assists) and Suns (15 touches, 3 goals) were quite good I thought. He compares very favourably with the other mids taken around his pick and after. No cause for concern from me.
Just my opinion mate

Hine rolled the dice hard on this kid because he hadn't been exposed to elite pathways, IMO Hine stuffed up, this kid's nowhere near it.

To say he's been disappointing is pretty strong and don't necessarily agree; was really promising last year and I think he's has had some good moments this year. Thought he started the year reasonably well and the last couple of games - with some real scoreboard impact - is very encouraging.

TBH thought that was pretty harsh for a fellow Collingwood supporter to label him disappointing, then I saw in other poll threads you'd said Moore was being massively overrated, and was arguing against Daicos. With only a few posts so far, can I ask if the name Adam H means anything to you?

TBH thought that was pretty harsh for a fellow Collingwood supporter to label him disappointing, then I saw in other poll threads you'd said Moore was being massively overrated, and was arguing against Daicos. With only a few posts so far, can I ask if the name Adam H means anything to you?

I was thinking the same thing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really hoping Laverde can stay injury free next season. Think with a full pre-season under his belt and a move further up the ground he will be a beast.

DeGoey has shown flashes of being very very good as well.

Both Collingwood and Essendon happy I think.

To say he's been disappointing is pretty strong and don't necessarily agree; was really promising last year and I think he's has had some good moments this year. Thought he started the year reasonably well and the last couple of games - with some real scoreboard impact - is very encouraging.

I know Adam as The Finger, if you doubt my intentions you could always look me up on Nicks.

I know Adam as The Finger, if you doubt my intentions you could always look me up on Nicks.

Fair enough. Side by side and all, and - if you are genuinely new - that would be a pretty hostile welcome to big footy so apologies.

Agree to disagree on the post RE De Goey though

Can you please stop preaching the same crap everywhere? You don't like him, good for you; stop posting it for everyone to see that you're so different.
Umm, pretty sure i've only made the one post about Jordan, in future should seek your permission before posting?

Anyway dude, i can see you have a few issues, think i'll leave you be.

You've got a star in the making with De Goey. Will go down as one of the best in his draft year

Best game of the year, hopefully he takes todays form into next year.

IMO the Dogs performance was better. But his last three games were all quality. I have a lot of faith in the kid, looking forward to watching him develop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back