Player Watch Jordan De Goey

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Everyone move on
Let the young fella sort out his hand crunch his fitness and come back firing in round 15

No. The kid is a kid.
Judging from some of the sanctimonious comments flying around, he's not the only one with some growing up to do.
Not sure why you would think anyone, regardless of age, can allegedly punch someone and suggest it's acceptable because he is 21 years of age. Having a drink I understand. Breaking your hand from getting yourself into a fight is totally unacceptable at any age.

Not sure why you would think anyone, regardless of age, can allegedly punch someone and suggest it's acceptable because he is 21 years of age. Having a drink I understand. Breaking your hand from getting yourself into a fight is totally unacceptable at any age.

And the lying part.

Not sure what kind of nutcases the "we've all made mistakes at his age" crowd are. Normal people don't go around breaking their hands on other people ...

I hope the everyone keeps piling it on JDG. Give him the wake-up he needs.

Having a drink as professional AFL player 1 week before season starts? No I don’t understand sorry.
And let's see it in broader perspective.
Was on the outer last season. Floated as tradebait. He went public on his desire to improve this season. Locked in for rnd 1. Enough reasons to stay low and focus on the job ahead.

Stupid decision 1. Going out. Alcohol might or might not be included.
Stupid decision 2. Punching someone and breaking his hand.
Stupid decision 3. Lie to the club and embarass his coach that backed him.

Now only 2 can be seen as instant error of judgment with unintended side effects. Rush of blood as youngsters do, even if it is guided by poor morals .The other ones he had more then enough time to decide whether it was right or wrong , the risks involved and in doubt ask for guidance.
"If you can't do the time, don't do the crime"

I don't want a coach suffering from anxiety or embarrassment and or uncertainty. Doesn't reflect well.
Otherwise you could be the coach.
And Schade would be your blair

Is there an article outlining exactly what took place?

Perhaps he did it out of self-defense?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The actual incident is not what bothers me. Like many people have said, young man, schitt happens, many of us have done similar things.
What bothers me are the stories that this behavior is not a one off and that the club has already spoken to him previously about his off field life.
If this was just a one off I would say chill out everyone and move on but it doesn't seem to be the case

Unless you win!

Is there an article outlining exactly what took place?

Perhaps he did it out of self-defense?
According to Eddie this morning Jordan is claiming he did in self defence and also claims he hadn't had a drink. Basically just walked into the bar and some bloke had a crack at him.

I'm not saying this is true btw, just that what JDG claims.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back