Player Watch Jordan De Goey

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

3 weeks for De Goey.. wtf did hodge and selwood get? F all. And they are the ones setting the eg.

We have a history of punishing our players to the nth degree for what? Give De Goey 1 week.. and no one will give a s**t.. the controversy will blow over.

It seems as though we are more concerned about stakeholders who have no impact on games won or lost whatsoever. I'm actually still quite upset with the sanctions imposed on Dids and Shaw.. we made a prelim without em there.. and they were playing at their peak.

Sick of this s**t.. i just want to see the kid play. As a supporter.. you can't tell me you're happy about giving him 3 weeks.

It makes me sick to think that Franklin colliding into 4 cars.. hodge drinking driving and missing training.. and selwood speeding has resulted in f all games suspensions.
I'm more aggrieved by the spitting in the senior coaches face aspect of the situation as opposed to the actual pub incident.

I think suspending a fringe player for 3 weeks probably encourages him not to repeat the same stupid behaviour in the future. I'm all for it

I'm more aggrieved by the spitting in the senior coaches face aspect of the situation as opposed to the actual pub incident.

I think suspending a fringe player for 3 weeks probably encourages him not to repeat the same stupid behaviour in the future. I'm all for it

Seriously.. we are all reacting to the what he's done.. let's be proactive. Even Bomber Thompson said you can't have a side full of pretty boys.. you need a few sickos.

I'm ok with De Goey.. I will deal with the odd indescretion here in there.. as long as he plays good footy.. that's all that matters.

The mix of Didak Swan Johnson Thomas.. the rat pack influence translated to arrogance and cheek on the pitch.. it's what's needed to win premierships!!! You tell a nutcase to behave himself and expect that he will.. forget it.. you'll lose him.. doesn't mean to say that he should be going out getting shitfaced on benders.. just expect the odd indescretion.

De Goey has my vote 110%.

Not sure why you would think anyone, regardless of age, can allegedly punch someone and suggest it's acceptable because he is 21 years of age. Having a drink I understand. Breaking your hand from getting yourself into a fight is totally unacceptable at any age.
I didn't say it was acceptable -- it isn't; but you labelled him an idiot, based on your own presumptions about all the circumstances, which you can't actually know.
He may have been an aggressor, he may have been sorely provoked, even set upon. I am not arrogant enough to make the presumptions necessary to call him an idiot.

And the lying part.

Not sure what kind of nutcases the "we've all made mistakes at his age" crowd are. Normal people don't go around breaking their hands on other people ...

I hope the everyone keeps piling it on JDG. Give him the wake-up he needs.
Oh, come on. He's had the wakeup he needs -- from the club. No need for any further piling on. This is getting pathological.

What did he say to Bucks on draft night......"I won't let you down"?

Time to grow up and pay back Jords.

What did he say to Bucks on draft night......"I won't let you down"?

Time to grow up and pay back Jords.

Seriously?

Let's just go on the look out for 22 Mark Woodforde nerd types that will bow down to everything the club tells to do.. but let's not expect a premiership for the next 100 yrs.

You need loonies like De Goey. Expect that he will not do everything you tell him to do.. that is precisely what will make him a handful on the pitch in the yrs to come.

Seriously.. we are all reacting to the what he's done.. let's be proactive. Even Bomber Thompson said you can't have a side full of pretty boys.. you need a few sickos.

I'm ok with De Goey.. I will deal with the odd indescretion here in there.. as long as he plays good footy.. that's all that matters.

The mix of Didak Swan Johnson Thomas.. the rat pack influence translated to arrogance and cheek on the pitch.. it's what's needed to win premierships!!! You tell a nutcase to behave himself and expect that he will.. forget it.. you'll lose him.. doesn't mean to say that he should be going out getting shitfaced on benders.. just expect the odd indescretion.

De Goey has my vote 110%.

He's lied to the coach. It's unacceptable. That's the bottom line.

The odd misdemeanour is bound to happen, I understand that, but he could at least own his actions.

Seriously?

Let's just go on the look out for 22 Mark Woodforde nerd types that will bow down to everything the club tells to do.. but let's not expect a premiership for the next 100 yrs.

You need loonies like De Goey. Expect that he will not do everything you tell him to do.. that is precisely what will make him a handful on the pitch in the yrs to come.
teee hee heee.. lovin your work tonight Gimpy. Sticking up for crazy :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a necessity in any great side.
It was back in the 90's perhaps. Your crazy enforcers can't do anything these days unless they want to miss half the year with suspension. Who were the crazy enforcer types in the Bulldogs team last year? Hawks had Hodge and Lewie and they're not exactly psychos! .. neither is Degoey on the field.
But I do appreciate where you're coming from. Would've kept M Williams for this reason. I generally don't care much about player behaviour either. But this was bad... not so much the pub fight.. the lie. Trust is very important in successful teams.

It was back in the 90's perhaps. Your crazy enforcers can't do anything these days unless they want to miss half the year with suspension. Who were the crazy enforcer types in the Bulldogs team last year? Hawks had Hodge and Lewie and they're not exactly psychos! .. neither is Degoey on the field.
But I do appreciate where you're coming from. Would've kept M Williams for this reason. I generally don't care much about player behaviour either. But this was bad... not so much the pub fight.. the lie. Trust is very important in successful teams.

Im not an advocate of every rule should apply to every single player. If arguably the greatest manager of all time can throw the rule book away in regards to Cantona and Keene.. then a lil bit of leniency wouldn't go astray for some of our players. F we're adults here. Just accomodate personality types.

Football is the greatest game in the world.. AFL football is flawed.. after what 125 yrs we still can't get the rules right.
In that sense Australian football's greatest weakness is the contrived nature of the rules changes.
Leave it alone, let the game work itself out. It would.

(Rule changes should be very rare eg the head sacrosanct so no more head bumps TICK; or once interchange introduced keep it unlimited; etc)

In that sense Australian football's greatest weakness is the contrived nature of the rules changes.
Leave it alone, let the game work itself out. It would.

(Rule changes should be very rare eg the head sacrosanct so no more head bumps TICK; or once interchange introduced keep it unlimited; etc)
The dumbest thing the AFL did was to set up a rules of the game committee. Basically the rules have to change every year for these people to keep their jobs. If they said at the end of the season "Rules are good, no need to change" then the AFL would have to ask what the hell they are paying them for.

Note. If the rules of the game committee is an unpaid position then I retract everything I have said above.

Im not an advocate of every rule should apply to every single player. If arguably the greatest manager of all time can throw the rule book away in regards to Cantona and Keene.. then a lil bit of leniency wouldn't go astray for some of our players. F we're adults here. Just accomodate personality types.

I agree with this sentiment and I think it's something we have had a big issue with under Buckley. But the Degoey punishment had to happen. You can;t let something like that slide. When you fk up that badly you cop a whack and that's what's happened here. I just hope it's not used as an excuse to trade him out for pick 105 at the end of the year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back