Player Watch Jordan De Goey

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's not a gun, nowhere near it.

Has the ability to be, but at this stage he's some distance from that.
Needs more midfield minutes.

(I may or may not be saying this purely to annoy you)

He made some really strong leads in the first quarter. Watching the vision, they were 50 metre leads. His work rate is actually pretty good.

He is clearly a midfielder long term, but forming part of this flexible forward line we are working with at the moment.

Clearly we need another tall up there, but right now the smalls like Greenwood, De Goey, Broomhead, Elliott and Fasolo are doing a better job than any other tall on our list could provide.

While he is playing this role, 15-20 possession games are what we can expect.

He made some really strong leads in the first quarter. Watching the vision, they were 50 metre leads. His work rate is actually pretty good.

He is clearly a midfielder long term, but forming part of this flexible forward line we are working with at the moment.

Clearly we need another tall up there, but right now the smalls like Greenwood, De Goey, Broomhead, Elliott and Fasolo are doing a better job than any other tall on our list could provide.

While he is playing this role, 15-20 possession games are what we can expect.

At 191cm he's currently our 2nd tallest forward. Hard to see him getting too much midfield time while that's the case.

Looking fine as a half forward, but still really really need to go into the midfield as an inside mid, he's our Patrick Cripps/JPK/Marcus Bontempelli. I'd like to see inside minutes being split between
  • Pendles
  • Treloar
  • Adams
  • Wells
  • De Goey
Which means I don't want to see Blair/Crisp/Sidebottom ever near the centre bounces ever again.

Looking fine as a half forward, but still really really need to go into the midfield as an inside mid, he's our Patrick Cripps/JPK/Marcus Bontempelli. I'd like to see inside minutes being split between
  • Pendles
  • Treloar
  • Adams
  • Wells
  • De Goey
Which means I don't want to see Blair/Crisp/Sidebottom ever near the centre bounces ever again.

I reckon Wills is our strongest correlation to those player, absorbs tackles, lays tackles. DeGoey closer to a Martin type.

Either way, can't see him getting too much midfield time until we find another medium or tall to play forward. Even the inclusion of say Crocker (188cm) might be enough. We retain a small forward line though and he won't be going anywhere.

• Pendles
  • Treloar
  • Adams
  • Wells
  • De Goey
I couldn't believe Blair was in the middle in the last quarter over Degoey. Absolutely horrible.

I honestly wouldn't blame JDG if he left. When someone like Blair gets midfield minutes over you, you would start to scratch your head.

I would of thought JDG should just be thankful to be in the team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would of thought JDG should just be thankful to be in the team.
JDG has done his penance. If that's why he's not getting minutes then he should leave.

de Goey is to 191cm as Jackson Paine was to 194cm.

Believe it if you want.

Even if he's only 188cm, he's still our 2nd tallest forward in the structure we've had the last 2 rounds.

I honestly wouldn't blame JDG if he left. When someone like Blair gets midfield minutes over you, you would start to scratch your head.

If that's enough to prompt him to consider leaving then so long Jordie, we don't need soft utensil narcissists at the club. He's playing a role that the team needs him to play, if that involves some short term sacrifice on his behalf then so be it.

If that's enough to prompt him to consider leaving then so long Jordie, we don't need soft utensil narcissists at the club. He's playing a role that the team needs him to play, if that involves some short term sacrifice on his behalf then so be it.
I don't think he'll move but come on it's not like he's trying to take Pendlebury's spot. Blair shouldn't be even in the team let alone playing midfield over JDG. He's meant to be one of our young guns. I can understand he's playing a role but it's not going to hurt us playing him in there against a side like Brisbane.

I would have loved to see De Goey moved on to Beams at some stage to follow him around, would have been good for his development. I have been underwhelmed by his games so far and that is due in some part to being played out of position. I would like to see more attack on the ball and winning contests. I think they need to run him through the midfield and build his game, this may only happen once finals are definitely not a possibility.

Agreed, but he's going to hopefully end up the better midfielder. When that's going to happen, I'm unsure. I would hate to see him leave to get played in the middle and develop really quickly.

He's a bull, but I have doubts about whether midfield will ever be his best position. Awareness in traffic, endurance and reading the game are three of the most important attributes for a mid - Degoey doesn't appear particularly strong in any of those areas.

He's a bull, but I have doubts about whether midfield will ever be his best position. Awareness in traffic, endurance and reading the game are three of the most important attributes for a mid - Degoey doesn't appear particularly strong in any of those areas.
Only some time and expericnce is going to be the way we can tell.

personally I believe that it's JDG decision making that let's him down at the moment. he doesn't seem to have the poise in traffic that you need when your in and under.

Only some time and experience is going to be the way we can tell.

He can show all of those attributes playing a high half forward role. It's where a heap of midfielders have cut their teeth before they are good enough to become starting mids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back