Player Watch Jordan De Goey

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It wasn't the mistake he made, it was the lying part.

Woopdidoo man.. yes he lied.. why did he lie.. I woulda just bought him in for a chat and a wink.. and get back on the training track I'll give you a week for it.. you owe me a good game.. I guarantee ya.. he woulda torn it up had I been in charge.

Woopdidoo man.. yes he lied.. why did he lie.. I woulda just bought him in for a chat and a wink.. and get back on the training track I'll give you a week for it.. you owe me a good game.. I guarantee ya.. he woulda torn it up had I been in charge.

So it was Bucks' fault?

So it was Bucks' fault?

Buckley has a tendency of wanting his players to all march the same way.. I believe he knows this ain't right.. but he's so stubborn and so in it over his head that he hasn't the slightest clue how to change his mentality.

Hence why it was a rule book decision that would have applied to entire group.

Buckley has a tendency of wanting his players to all march the same way.. I believe he knows this ain't right.. but he's so stubborn and so in it over his head that he hasn't the slightest clue how to change his mentality.

Perhaps the reason De Goey has turned it around is because of the influence and decisions of Buckley.

I think the sanction was harsh.

110%

I get that but De Goey turned his season around, it may just have been influenced by that sanction. Sometimes a good kick up the arse if what's needed.

Perhaps the reason De Goey has turned it around is because of the influence and decisions of Buckley.

Of course.. do I think Buckley is bad.. of course not.. but he's definitely not brilliant. There's enough in Buckley to have players on his side. Just like every other coach in the league.

I get that but De Goey turned his season around, it may just have been influenced by that sanction. Sometimes a good kick up the arse if what's needed.

You can get the same result by not kicking someone up the arse.. as a matter of fact.. I think players respond more so when you don't rip into em.. you can have as a coach a player eating out the palm of your hand when you just trust that they will do the right thing next time without the harsh punishment.

You can get the same result by not kicking someone up the arse.. as a matter of fact.. I think players respond more so when you don't rip into em.. you can have as a coach a player eating out the palm of your hand when you just trust that they will do the right thing next time without the harsh punishment.

Perhaps, but the approach taken has worked. De Goey worked hard to get back in and had a couple of break out games. The result justifies the method.

Perhaps, but the approach taken has worked. De Goey worked hard to get back in and had a couple of break out games. The result justifies the method.
Any approach within reason will work.. he was always a brilliant young talent.. he showed signs of that in the jlt series that he arrived somewhat and was good to go.. it wasn't the harsh sanction that related to his form.

The best thing as a coach you can do for your players is take the hit yourself.

Buckley knows he is doing a lot wrong.. Buckley is doing renovations starts painting his home.. finishes it halfway.. starts on the garden finishes half way.. starts on the kitchen.. finishes halfway.. now he's totally in over his head with it. No amt of s**t will help him.. if he is going to be a great coach.. he himself needs to start from scratch and finish every job he's started.

That's why when we play we look like a complete mess.

The best thing as a coach you can do for your players is take the hit yourself.

Buckley knows he is doing a lot wrong.. Buckley is doing renovations starts painting his home.. finishes it halfway.. starts on the garden finishes half way.. starts on the kitchen.. finishes halfway.. now he's totally in over his head with it. No amt of s**t will help him.. if he is going to be a great coach.. he himself needs to start from scratch and finish every job he's started.

That's why when we play we look like a complete mess.

Didn't Bucks publicly support De Goey about his dog alibi?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't Bucks publicly support De Goey about his dog alibi?
Yep.

On very good authority the club asked him three times, they basically told him, we know this isn't smelling right, some said we remember and lived through other incidents...
Still he kept to his tale... Till!

Jeremy Howe and Levi G went to him and said.... mate.... Jordan then rang Geoff Walsh.
Bless, Howe on this one.

On very good authority, Jeremy is very very respected around the place. Hence the vice captaincy level given to him.

One thing that bores me, if Geelong sanction Stevie J for weeks, it's considered brilliant club stuff, but if we do it, oh it's too harsh etc etc.

On this BringouttheGimp the Club has got it right.

Will be the making of him.

Ps non Buckley issue.
If anything you'd rather Buckley tell you what's what, than get the Geoff Walsh call.

Yep.

On very good authority the club asked him three times, they basically told him, we know this isn't smelling right, some said we remember and lived through other incidents...
Still he kept to his tale... Till!

Jeremy Howe and Levi G went to him and said.... mate.... Jordan then rang Geoff Walsh.
Bless, Howe on this one.

On very good authority, Jeremy is very very respected around the place. Hence the vice captaincy level given to him.

One thing that bores me, if Geelong sanction Stevie J for weeks, it's considered brilliant club stuff, but if we do it, oh it's too harsh etc etc.

On this BringouttheGimp the Club has got it right.

Will be the making of him.

Ps non Buckley issue.
If anything you'd rather Buckley tell you what's what, than get the Geoff Walsh call.

Jeremy is so well respected that De Goey tried to use his dog excuse :p

Ps those that think trading out your A grade material so you can maybe bring in A grade material is counter intuitive to me.

And I'd pass on Wright today if it meant losing De Goey.

Jeremy is so well respected that De Goey tried to use his dog excuse :p
Touché

Ha ha, that's gold.

That must be it. :)

Followed by a 3 week ban.

I don't care now.. it's over.. we all know we've got a special talent in our team. Bring on 2018 eh.

The poster who knows Jordan agrees with you Gimpy in terms of his punishment.......he called it ameurterish.

I don't agree but in the long run the supension will be irrelevant because De Goey and Grundy will smash it for Collingwood in the future.

He will be a gun.

The poster who knows Jordan agrees with you Gimpy in terms of his punishment.......he called it ameurterish.

I don't agree but in the long run the supension will be irrelevant because De Goey and Grundy will smash it for Collingwood in the future.

He will be a gun.

It comes from the gut re.. I called it ridiculous from the onset. Love em both.. 2 personable characters. Do I think Grundy is naturally gifted not necessarily.. do I think he's bright.. 100%.. hell be successful as a footballer and post footy. Just in his nature.

It comes from the gut re.. I called it ridiculous from the onset. Love em both.. 2 personable characters. Do I think Grundy is naturally gifted not necessarily.. do I think he's bright.. 100%.. hell be successful as a footballer and post footy. Just in his nature.

Talentwise, Grundy's skills and ability to read the flight of the ball are below average, but I reckon he's enormously talented. His combination of size, aggression, balance and work ethic is incredibly rare. I reckon it will win him a brownlow one day.

How do we actually know this? Its repeated ad nauseum on here, but could be one of those Big Footy myths. Say it often enough and we all start believing it.

I see no evidence of this in the coach. I know the rejection of Heath Shaw will be trotted out as evidence - but is it? And how many other players have been pushed because of this so-called tendency or preference of Bucks?

BTW I am just musin', not all these questions are directed at you.

How do we actually know this? Its repeated ad nauseum on here, but could be one of those Big Footy myths. Say it often enough and we all start believing it.

I see no evidence of this in the coach. I know the rejection of Heath Shaw will be trotted out as evidence - but is it? And how many other players have been pushed because of this so-called tendency or preference of Bucks?

I am a firm believer in a side being representative of the whole of the Australian community.. how else would we challenge ourselves.. bring out the good and best in each other.. this is where Buckley has failed. The trades and pre mature retirement scapegoats have been rife since he started his bougeouis reign as coach. No need to get into that.. that would be a far too lengthy discussion. I think a lot of it is Buckley wanting his own to mould to his liking.. eg as much as I love Treloar Adams and WHE they were under his rule at the AIS.. did we look at the entire GWS list a target the players we needed without bias?

Buckley has now been found out.. if you don't go about it the right way.. the God's have a way of punishing such foolish pride.

Another example is trading Harry O for Varcoe. At the time of the trade they were at the very least equals with Harry being the better option if I had a choice.

His personality wasn't entirely embraced by Buckley. The bloke was an All-Australian a complete animal coming out of the back half.. no attempt I feel was made to channel that energy in Harry O.

Shaw i feel was crying out for help.. his frustration was leveled at where Buckley was getting it wrong.. actually a great representative of the where Buckley has failed as coach for 6 yrs. Buckley takes over and those meandering runs coming out of the back half from Shaw vanished.

The writing was on the wall from a very early stage.

I am a firm believer in a side being representative of the whole of the Australian community

Absolutely agree with this. And I'd like to see more colourful characters in our team, more Dane Swans or Heaters!

But I'm just not convinced this perceived lack of diversity is down to the coach. It could just be an accident of personalities. Hine is pretty dour. Maybe he's been attracted to similar types? Maybe the Grundys and De Goeys will be more outspoken as they mature? Certainly Adams and Treloar have plenty to say.

Absolutely agree with this. And I'd like to see more colourful characters in our team, more Dane Swans or Heaters!

But I'm just not convinced this perceived lack of diversity is down to the coach. It could just be an accident of personalities. Hine is pretty dour. Maybe he's been attracted to similar types? Maybe the Grundys and De Goeys will be more outspoken as they mature? Certainly Adams and Treloar have plenty to say.

More Grundy's and De Goey's 110%. And just unleash em.. let their personalities shine out there. It makes going to watch Collingwood play a hot ticket. The MCG is a canvas.. the players the artists.. don't ever put the leash on player's.. they are mature enough to play within a structure but also let their personalities shine out there.. if they're not mature enough.. and you need to put the leash on for eg.. then that there is cutting corners.. find out what makes em tick.. and get em back on the right track.. guidance more than coaching.. that there is the key to winning premierships.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back