Player Watch Jordan De Goey

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
If you look hard enough on the internet , you can probably find a clove shaped like jesus, but I reckon Riewoldt is a stretch.
Corrected.

Good pick up.

The Cloves I keep for my vampire friends not saints :)

CFC2010

Cancelled
10k Posts Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies - James Aish Player Sponsor 2016
Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Back on topic :rolleyes:

Jordan De Goey for the Anzacday medal.

2 Gorillas on it.......wish me luck.

Sep 22, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Do you honestly believe any club in their right mind would swap Lukosious for Jordan De Goey?

De Goey and two first round picks is the proposal.

It may depend on the clubs key forward stocks v midfield stocks.

If you need a midfield, De Goey, a mid at 8/9 or wherever Collingwood pick. A Bailey Smith could pretty easily make it into this range. Anyone needing a highly skilled, 25-30 disposal per game mid who can also play back flank? Or maybe a Sam Walsh gets through to there. He offers the same production but has speed/endurance rather than the skills.

It's not a one player draft this year. The whole first round is big time.

And that's before considering the proposal also includes a 2019 first round pick.

CFC2010

Cancelled
10k Posts Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies - James Aish Player Sponsor 2016
Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Ok back on topic.. De Goey 80% forward..
20% midfield?

Diasagree Gimpy this week I want Bucks to unleash him on the ball.

Pendles on Cripps = Win

Steele on Sloane = Win

JDG = On Ball = Win

Diasagree Gimpy this week I want Bucks to unleash him on the ball.

Pendles on Cripps = Win

Steele on Sloane = Win

JDG = On Ball = Win
The problem is his fitness. Coming of a hamstring with limited preparation will likely see him remain as a forward for the time being. To win next week we are going to have to apply our zone well. That’s were super fit players like Steele and Phillips are so valuable.

CFC2010

Cancelled
Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
The problem is his fitness. Coming of a hamstring with limited preparation will likely see him remain as a forward for the time being. To win next week we are going to have to apply our zone well. That’s were super fit players like Steele and Phillips are so valuable.

I think he is ready and I am backing him in this week.

Bucks has kept us on our toes the last three weeks and I personally have loved it.

I think you underestimate how good Jordan can be.

I hope he shows us all on the big stage on Wednesday.

Bring it on I have got goose bumps waiting for this game.

Sep 22, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
I disagreed with your premise mate but I understood your point.

Jordan is a keeper for me.

Off topic Knighter but does Lukosius have the potential to be as good as Buddy?

It's a possibility. Good run with injuries over his career and Lukosius could make it a conversation.

For me it's less whether he's better than Buddy, as he's almost identical in play to Nick Riewoldt - he's just slightly taller and a MUCH better kick (as in elite or near elite by midfield standards). Not as one take overhead as Nick which he'll need to work on if he wants to reach that level of greatness. But he's still a capable mark and takes plenty, including contested. He just has that completely undefendable game. You almost need to have someone stay in the def 50m and someone up the field who picks him up as it's not realistic to defend him individually as per Nick Riewoldt in his prime. Hang back and he'll take mark after mark up the ground and drill passes to teammates or run with the ball himself. Follow him up the ground and he'll gut run back towards goal and take the mark inside 50m on you before you can get back, or if you somehow keep up with him, he'll then proceed to lead and take the grab before you can get your breath back to make any attempt to contest.

I don't see Lukosius kicking as many goals per game as Buddy. He could have a 70/80 goal season and several in the 50s and 60s, but you don't waste him so close to goal. You want him pushing up the ground and let him work his man over because kicking goals isn't the only way he adds value.

Overall, if he's Nick Riewoldt, that's a huge success, but also someone he is very capable of replicating the play of, in the way Jonathon Brown was able to replicate the play of Wayne Carey. Though hopefully Lukosius unlike Brown doesn't have the better part of his career ruined by injury and has a much longer prime.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aug 29, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood
How many did the snow flake kick in GFS re? Including the Hawthorn one re.

Lance Franklin
2008 GF vs Geelong
12 disposals 2 goals 1 behind.

2010 EF vs Fremantle
13 disp 2 goals 0 behinds.

2011 PF vs Collingwood
11 disp 3 goals 1.

2012 GF vs Sydney
24 dis 3 goals 4 behinds.

2013 GF vs Fremantle
18 disp 1 goal 1 behind.

2014 GF vs Hawks
14 disp 4 goals 2 behinds.

2016 GF vs Dogs
16 disp 1 goal 1 behinds.

2017 SF vs Cats

14 disp 0 goals 3 behinds.

Vs

N.Reiwoldt
2004 vs Port pf
18 dis 3g 3b

2005 PF vs Syd
11disp 2g 2b

2006 vs Melb EF
20 disp 2g 1b

2008 vs Hawks PF
12disp 3g 0b

2009 GF vs Geelong
13 disp 1g 1b.

2010 GF vs Collingwood yeah buddy.
Game 1 16 disp 2g 3b
Game 2 17 disp 0g 1b

2011 EF vs Swans
16 disp 1g 3b

Both players last finals game of each finals series they played, plenty of great performances in other finals games by both.

DopeMaster

Fair Legend
Apr 24, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Anyone watching and liking what Josh Caddy is doing for Richmond this year? His opening rounds this season have been incredible. Doing so much damage 1v1 deep up front and then pushing up through the midfield and winning it, he's like another Dustin Martin, and is basically switching into the midfield as Martin switches forward - so that they always have one or the other in one zone.

De Goey isn't Martin, but he can be Caddy and something like what Caddy would be playing Dusty's role.

If St Kilda finished with pick 1, and Collingwood could move De Goey and Collingwood's first picks for 2018/2019 to get pick 1, and ideally like a few later picks in return, though maybe even without it I'd probably still make the move. Such a move for pick 1 would be a scenario I'd entertain a De Goey trade. Do you want Caddy and a couple of mid first round picks? Or do you want an elite kicking version of Nick Riewoldt? That's what you'd be pondering in making such an offer.

If it's pick 2 St Kilda have, one of those first round picks immediately gets removed and I'd be asking for McCartin in addition to the pick (Max King would be the choice) for De Goey and Collingwood's first round pick. McCartin is worth next to nothing, but he feels like he needs a fresh start and is someone I give a chance to develop if used correctly.

If it's pick 3 (which isn't as valuable to Collingwood if Lukosius and M.King go 1/2) I'd be asking for pick 3 (maybe you go Ben King for a key defender) and McCartin for De Goey. And that's not a trade St Kilda would accept, but that third pick I wouldn't be trading with such urgency for, as I see De Goey very much as an essential long term piece.

If De Goey can be traded for Lukosius, you have to do it. If it nets Max King, if he continues to dominate as he did in round 1 with his 8 goals, I'd have to consider him also given Collingwood's key forward need. Failing that, I'd be expecting overs to all that seriously look at moving De Goey. He has the scope to become the clubs best midfielder, and should show further progress this season in his development.
Love and respect your work Knighter but I reckon you've gone off the deep end with this particular proposal. That's an insane amount to give away for one player. I understand Lukosius is as close as you can get to a guaranteed superstar, but if he doesn't pan out or injuries strike that kind of trade would set the club back years.

I recall a few years ago you were extremely big on Tom Boyd, and if I remember correctly you were suggesting some similarly hefty trades to get pick one to secure him. Well, we've seen how he's turned out since. Make no mistake I'm in no way having a go at your talent ID, you're streets ahead of anyone else on BF in that regard. Just making the point that even 'sure things' aren't necessarily sure things, and giving away potentially 3 A graders in DeGoey and 2 first rounders for a single draft pick/underage player is way overboard in my opinion.

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
It wouldn’t be the first time Bucks has traded out a bad boy, regardless of talent.

Doubt he'll be going anywhere unless he initiates it himself.

De Goey will become a Collingwood great unless we let him go when he will become a great elsewhere. All he needs is a good couple of months now and we should offer him an excellent contract. Not someone the club can afford to lose.

Apr 18, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
PAOK of SALONIKA LIVERPOOL
Lance Franklin
2008 GF vs Geelong
12 disposals 2 goals 1 behind.

2010 EF vs Fremantle
13 disp 2 goals 0 behinds.

2011 PF vs Collingwood
11 disp 3 goals 1.

2012 GF vs Sydney
24 dis 3 goals 4 behinds.

2013 GF vs Fremantle
18 disp 1 goal 1 behind.

2014 GF vs Hawks
14 disp 4 goals 2 behinds.

2016 GF vs Dogs
16 disp 1 goal 1 behinds.

2017 SF vs Cats

14 disp 0 goals 3 behinds.

Vs

N.Reiwoldt
2004 vs Port pf
18 dis 3g 3b

2005 PF vs Syd
11disp 2g 2b

2006 vs Melb EF
20 disp 2g 1b

2008 vs Hawks PF
12disp 3g 0b

2009 GF vs Geelong
13 disp 1g 1b.

2010 GF vs Collingwood yeah buddy.
Game 1 16 disp 2g 3b
Game 2 17 disp 0g 1b

2011 EF vs Swans
16 disp 1g 3b

Both players last finals game of each finals series they played, plenty of great performances in other finals games by both.

5 goals in 4 games from NR in GF's re.. not great.. seems as though GF's arnt really a FF's game re.

De Goey will become a Collingwood great unless we let him go when he will become a great elsewhere. All he needs is a good couple of months now and we should offer him an excellent contract. Not someone the club can afford to lose.
“A Collingwood great” would place him in the same conversation as players like Buckley, Swan and Pendlebury. That’s a massive call.

I’d settle for him becoming a top 30 mid in the comp who stays out of trouble and plays full seasons.

Apr 18, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
“A Collingwood great” would place him in the same conversation as players like Buckley, Swan and Pendlebury. That’s a massive call.

I’d settle for him becoming a top 30 mid in the comp who stays out of trouble and plays full seasons.

Top 30?

The bloke has clearly showed signs of a top 10 player.. it's just a matter of finding out what makes him tick.

I think we saw what he can do last yr.. Freo and that 4 goal game last yr at the G. When he takes a hold of a game.. he's brutal.

Apr 18, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams

He actually gives the club more appeal as well. If we stick by him.. as he matures.. our biggest draw card.

That anger arrogance toughness skill.. man.. sign him up on a long term deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back