Player Watch Jordan De Goey

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We do give away our first round. It's get Tom Lynch on Free agency and make sure they don't match by giving them JDG for a small upgrade of our first round

So yes they do effectively get JDG plus our first round for Lynch

Missed that detail. Not bad, not bad at all if it came to De Goey wanting to leave. I think we'd need to sharpen it up with a player like Thomas. Very tempting.

That said, I think De Goey is going to be the best mid option for us in 18 months. Would like to hold and satisfy GC another way.

As KM said, it was more just a point getting thrown across as how much this kid is rated by him, no one would trade that much for pick number 1. Well I hope not anyway.

I can see where he’s coming from through, from a purely draft and talent ID Lukosius is the best to come through in a very long time, maybe even ever. Do they usually stand up to the hype? Not really, but hey this one could be different :D.
And all the hype aside really what people are saying is Nick Riewoldt like.

So let’s say he becomes long on the level of Nick Riewoldt?
What a fantastic outcome and worth quite a bit trade wise you’d think.

And if, now this is the hype part he’s better and becomes Buddy like or Plugger like or Gary Ablett snr like (with Riewoldt discipline) or Coleman or Coventry like, then that’s the greatest bonus ever.

I’d settle happily for a Nick Riewoldt clone, thank you very much indeed.
Everything else a mega bonus.

Oh and for a Riewoldt? Giving up picks is well worth it.

No where near the same level of dominance imo. Aish was mainly talked up because of his name in SA. While he produced some good numbers it’s not going to be close to Lukosius by the end of the year.

Would he be able to deliver pretty quickly, i.e. in years two and three, like Moore a bit I guess?

That was the talk around Aish as well but hasn't translated.

A good point, Aish was doing very well in the SANFL, though as per now, you could look at him and you wouldn't really see one elite point of difference or that real strong contested ball winning.

To be clear I was an advocate of drafting Aish in his draft year, in large part because of how well he was going in the SANFL, but he's a very different case. He didn't have those elite traits/points of difference as Lukosius has, and secondly also in the AFL system hasn't seemed to have that motivation either to until maybe this year to put in the work over the offseason, to make progress for the first time really since the age of 16/17, having remained that same player.

So the career outcomes shouldn't bare any similarities.

Throughly encouraged that it’s only stkilda interested in degoey.

Best case he comes to his senses and stays a pie.

Worst case pick one ends up in our hands. There is nothing else of value at stkilda worth trading for.
Hi Timmy hope you're not offended, as I understand it the Pies have offered JDG around for trade each of the last two of years and there have been no takers, while I'm a big fan of him and would love him at the Saints the sticking point has always been his off field behaviours.

The most likely scenario IMO is that his management are putting it out there, the Saints were linked to Kelly and Fyfe last year and all but signed them or so the story goes, far more likely that the Saints were used to push the price up with a serious big bid that the home club then matched or came close enough. If there was any more to the JDG story I would be amazed, but I'd still expect it to run all the way to the end of year when he re-signs with Collingwood saying how much he loves the Pies and was never a chance of leaving, how much he loves Bucks and Pendles etc. etc. etc..
And great get with Stephenson looks like he'll be the best of the 2017 draft.

Would he be able to deliver pretty quickly, i.e. in years two and three, like Moore a bit I guess?
I think out of all the drafted talls over the last couple of season he’s probably the only one who is truly ready to go. He might be able to slot into the back line or wing at the start before taking over CHF later on. Hope a team like Carlton don’t destroy him.

Hi Timmy hope you're not offended, as I understand it the Pies have offered JDG around for trade each of the last two of years and there have been no takers, while I'm a big fan of him and would love him at the Saints the sticking point has always been his off field behaviours.

The most likely scenario IMO is that his management are putting it out there, the Saints were linked to Kelly and Fyfe last year and all but signed them or so the story goes, far more likely that the Saints were used to push the price up with a serious big bid that the home club then matched or came close enough. If there was any more to the JDG story I would be amazed, but I'd still expect it to run all the way to the end of year when he re-signs with Collingwood saying how much he loves the Pies and was never a chance of leaving, how much he loves Bucks and Pendles etc. etc. etc..
And great get with Stephenson looks like he'll be the best of the 2017 draft.

In other words StKilda are being toyed with? Whodathunkit.

I'm not aware JDG has been shopped around and take that with a grain of salt. Almost every player is up for grabs at the right price of course.

The extra pick is to get GC not to match the free agency offer. If JDG is worth a top 5 pick Lynch is worth more than the straight compo. Just as they won't trade Lynch for JDG in a straight swap.

It's basically arbitraging the free compo pick so both sides come out with a better result. Like the Dal Santo trade

Fair enough but that is more then what Geelong paid for Dangerfield who left in similar circumstances (through trade rather then FA).

Cats gave up, Dean Gore as well as picks No.9 and No.28 > We should be looking at a similar deal.

In other words StKilda are being toyed with? Whodathunkit.

I'm not aware JDG has been shopped around and take that with a grain of salt. Almost every player is up for grabs at the right price of course.

Shopped around 2 trade periods ago (not recently) and its been stated here many times, it is only a rumour but from a source that has been right before and is much more involved in AFL circles then us plebs.

Can we get Lukosius another way as we just will not finish low enough for a early early pick?

I doubt it because I don’t see us giving a major piece for pick 1.

Max and Ben King are both extremely good as well.

Rankine, Walsh and Hill are also studs.

While getting Lukosius would be great there are also other talents that are close to him, getting a pick inside the top 5-6 will likely land you a Elite AFL talent if not very close to one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think out of all the drafted talls over the last couple of season he’s probably the only one who is truly ready to go. He might be able to slot into the back line or wing at the start before taking over CHF later on. Hope a team like Carlton don’t destroy him.

The issue I have with a lot of the VIC talls is that often they are 200cm+ types who get opponents often in the 188-194cm ranges, with anti congestion rules and anti defensive (no tagging flooding etc) rules it often breeds a false sense of dominant player as their size makes it easy for them. One of the reasons I am a bit wary of Max King (even though he looks great now).

They don't get afforded the same leniency at AFL level and often struggle due to it. Schache T.Boyd P.Wright et el...

Lukosius has had much better grounding in these regards and would be a much safer bet.

In fact i think Ben King may well end up the better of the 2 twins, due to playing down back and thus being challenged more. He also has shown good signs when used forward iirc.

Fair enough but that is more then what Geelong paid for Dangerfield who left in similar circumstances (through trade rather then FA).

Cats gave up, Dean Gore as well as picks No.9 and No.28 > We should be looking at a similar deal.

If we traded our first and future second pick plus a Josh Thomas for Lynch and then traded JDG directly for GC's current first round pick, both parties would end up worse off because we're not getting the free compo pick.

Under your scenario:
Coll gain - Lynch, Pick 3 (est.)
Coll lose - Pick 9 (est.), future second round pick, JDG, Josh Thomas

GC gain - JDG, Pick 9, future second, Josh Thomas
GC lose - pick 3, Lynch

Under mine
Coll gain - Lynch, Pick 3
Coll lose - Pick 9, JDG

GC gain - JDG, Pick 9
GC lose - Lynch

That’s a lot different to shopped around two years running

Who said he was shopped around 2 years running?

I made it clear the rumour was 2 years/trades ago, the word was the club had some serious concerns re his attitude and off field diligence to get the best out of himself. They weren't sure he would turn the corner and fulfil his full potential.

If we traded our first and future second pick plus a Josh Thomas for Lynch and then traded JDG directly for GC's current first round pick, both parties would end up worse off because we're not getting the free compo pick.

Under your scenario:
Coll gain - Lynch, Pick 3 (est.)
Coll lose - Pick 9 (est.), future second round pick, JDG, Josh Thomas

GC gain - JDG, Pick 9, future second, Josh Thomas
GC lose - pick 3, Lynch

Under mine
Coll gain - Lynch, Pick 3
Coll lose - Pick 9, JDG

GC gain - JDG, Pick 9
GC lose - Lynch

No under mine which follows yours it would be:

Coll gain - Lynch RFA
GC gain - (Compo pick 4)

Coll gain - Pick 3
GC gain - Degoey, 2019 2nd and J.Thomas

Total:
Pies - Lynch and Pick 3
Lose - Degoey, 2019 2nd and Thomas.

GC
Gain - Compo pick 4, Degoey, Thomas and 2019 2nd rounder.
Lose - Lynch and pick 3.

Doesn't need to be Thomas either might be a Wills type, Gore hadn't shown a lot before the trade.

Also I hope we sign Degoey.

Who said he was shopped around 2 years running?

I made it clear the rumour was 2 years/trades ago, the word was the club had some serious concerns re his attitude and off field diligence to get the best out of himself. They weren't sure he would turn the corner and fulfil his full potential.

The quote I initially responded to, to which you responded, to which I responded, to which you responded by saying "who said he was shopped around two years running"', the answer of course being the quote I initially responded to.

Last edited:
No under mine which follows yours it would be:

Coll gain - Lynch RFA
GC gain - (Compo pick 4)

Coll gain - Pick 3
GC gain - Degoey, 2019 2nd and J.Thomas

Total:
Pies - Lynch and Pick 3
Lose - Degoey, 2019 2nd and Thomas.

GC
Gain - Compo pick 4, Degoey, Thomas and 2019 2nd rounder.
Lose - Lynch and pick 3.

Doesn't need to be Thomas either might be a Wills type, Gore hadn't shown a lot before the trade.

Also I hope we sign Degoey.

This trade is a lot more skewed to the pies. We make out like bandits vs GC who are effectively trading Lynch for JDG, 2nd Rd and Thomas. Sure you could argue it's fair looking at 1 precedent (where Adelaide clearly lost the trade). It'll be a Win for the Pies and a borderline one for GC. You'll need a win/win situation to convince them to play ball with their Captain and for us to win the race against Richmond and Hawthorn

BTW I also hope we sign De Goey as per my original post.

This trade is a lot more skewed to the pies. We make out like bandits vs GC who are effectively trading Lynch for JDG, 2nd Rd and Thomas. Sure you could argue it's fair looking at 1 precedent (where Adelaide clearly lost the trade). It'll be a Win for the Pies and a borderline one for GC. You'll need a win/win situation to convince them to play ball with their Captain and for us to win the race against Richmond and Hawthorn

BTW I also hope we sign De Goey as per my original post.

Its not though as they are effectively trading down 3 > 4 and gain Degoey 2nd rounder and Thomas or Wills type AFL experienced/capable player.

Just because the AFL front the pick 4 and not us, is no concern of GCs.

Its not though as they are effectively trading down 3 > 4 and gain Degoey 2nd rounder and Thomas or Wills type AFL experienced/capable player.

Just because the AFL front the pick 4 and not us, is no concern of GCs.

They're still losing Lynch to get that pick 4. So it is trading Lynch for JDG, 2nd round and Thomas.

They're still losing Lynch to get that pick 4. So it is trading Lynch for JDG, 2nd round and Thomas.

Yes and if they don't go that way they only get a pick 9 or so in your deal.

They come off a lot better in my proposal then yours.

In mine they gain 2 experienced mids, a top 5 pick and a future 2nd.

In yours they gain an experienced mid and a "pick 9".

What we gain doesn't change in either scenario they just lose out in yours.

Firstly she is f**king amazing. Any thread with Nina Dobrev in it is winning.

latest

Secondly I'm right, so no.:p:D

Yes and if they don't go that way they only get a pick 9 or so in your deal.

They come off a lot better in my proposal then yours.

In mine they gain 2 experienced mids, a top 5 pick and a future 2nd.

In yours they gain an experienced mid and a "pick 9".

What we gain doesn't change in either scenario they just lose out in yours.

I think you might be getting confused? They don't gain a "top 5 pick" as their trade of their original pick 3 to us in your scenario cancels out that compo pick. Otherwise how do we end up with their pick 3??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back