Player Watch Jordan De Goey

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You couldn't have described collusion better there if you tried. :huh:

Once again it's an AFL run club and the other 16 clubs will clearly see this for what it is - part of the same package deal irrespective of whatever technicalities that may be put forward.

The fact that GC also get screwed heavily in the deal is neither here nor there...

Is there an actual rule that can stop this going through:

FA Friday October 6

Lynch RFA - pies.

GC compo pick 4.

Trade period Monday October 9 - 19th

Pick 3 - Collingwood

GC- Degoey, Thomas (or wills) and future 2nd.

The way I see it GC can argue they wanted the top 5 pick in FA plenty of clubs have opted not to match including Hawks who accepted pick 19 for Budwah Franklin (when they could of forced a trade).

Then argue that pies came back with a value offer for their pick 3.

AFL wont say bupkis as GC are getting a bloody good deal out of it, given they need quality experience and not just more talent to throw to the wolves.

There'd be no problem with that.

You could also argue that they're not getting screwed as much and, as a bonus, Thomas could be a hands-on ambassador for Uber to bring some more sponsorship money in...

When club cultures thrive on hope like the. Saints it's pretty easy to get played.
About JDG getting offered around, I first heard it from a Rabid Pies supporter 2 years ago 2016 trade period, but hey we all get stuff wrong in big and little ways, doesn't change anything does it?

I think two years running is a big difference to one time two years ago. Lots of players get shopped around from time to time so claiming it happened in consecutive years would carry a lot more weight if it was true.

I suspect he will stay after finally having turned the corner (not that hes turned the corner yet but by the time he needs to decide he should have proven a lot). And Hopefully Colllingwoods on field results and upward trajectory will be part of his motivation to stay.

And yeah I believe StKilda is being played.

T

FA Friday October 6

Lynch RFA - pies.

GC compo pick 4.

Trade period Monday October 9 - 19th

Pick 3 - Collingwood

GC- Degoey, Thomas (or wills) and future 2nd.

The way I see it GC can argue they wanted the top 5 pick in FA plenty of clubs have opted not to match including Hawks who accepted pick 19 for Budwah Franklin (when they could of forced a trade).

Then argue that pies came back with a value offer for their pick 3.

AFL wont say bupkis as GC are getting a bloody good deal out of it, given they need quality experience and not just more talent to throw to the wolves.
Thomas has just come good!!??
Another rhys shaw situation

so Is Degoey, traded yet and did we win the deal.
Yes he is traded.

We broke even.

We traded Jordan De Goey out,

We traded Jordan De Goey in.

Win win trade.

Everyone happy (sort of)

:)

You couldn't have described collusion better there if you tried. :huh:

Once again it's an AFL run club and the other 16 clubs will clearly see this for what it is - part of the same package deal irrespective of whatever technicalities that may be put forward.

The fact that GC also get screwed heavily in the deal is neither here nor there...

Not sure how GC are getting screwed in this deal? They're getting JDG plus pick 9 for Lynch (and keep their existing pick 3). And for the purposes the official trade, we're swapping JDG for a 5 place pick upgrade to a top 5 pick and getting Lynch as FA.

In terms of collusion, I think JDG is clearly one of those players where his value is so varied in peoples eyes, it'll be hard to prove that it's a trade specifically to benefit GC and offer them something more on top of their FA comp. On one hand you can argue the JDG is a former pick 5 about to breakout in the perfect age bracket worth a top 5 pick on his own like the Weller for pick 2 trade GC did last year. On another hand you can argue that he's a talented kid who has massive off field troubles and baggage and is only worth a small pick upgrade like the Cam McCarthy trade to Freo.

Last edited:
T

Thomas has just come good!!??
Another rhys shaw situation
Or a Wills, point was more a player who is AFL capable but on a lower tier to a Degoey Sideass Treloar etc.

Thomas has been excellent in fact.

It is all based around if Degoey wanted out and US maximising returns in this draft.

Essentially the deal would see us walk away with Lynch, Max or Ben King (Pick 3) and I.Hill (pick 7/8/9).

That fixes our KPP dearth and brings in a very very classy xfactor player.

Personally i hope we concentrate on signing Degoey and Moore before worrying about anything else.

Hey loki04 you do know who the CEO is at the GCS?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mark Evans

Correct so forget any fishy deals mate.......I thought you said you won the hypothetical trading scenario?

See my other post I did an edit as you posted.

The AFL would never do a fishy deal that suited them and GC would they?

So long as you aren't ripping them off and it works to improve them, they would get on board.

I can’t believe I am continuing with this insane conversation......what you’re suggesting is draft tampering....it won’t happen.

Last post......Gimpy has asked me to put a gorilla on the Anzacday medal also.....that’s three now.

Wish us luck.

Adios peeps from this thread.

I can’t believe I am continuing with this insane conversation......what you’re suggesting is draft tampering....it won’t happen.

Last post......Gimpy has asked me to put a gorilla on the Anzacday medal also.....that’s three now.

Wish us luck.

It's not draft tampering mate its using 2 rules to work in advantage of 2 trading teams.

Bit like how Geelong worked out you could trade 2 years of firsts before there was an actual public rule of it and the viola after it went through the rule appeared that you can until 2019.

It's just using the rules to your advantage, so long as you don't break a rule then play on.

Wish us luck.

makeiteffingstop.gif

Not sure how GC are getting screwed in this deal? They're getting JDG plus pick 9 for Lynch (and keep their existing pick 3). And for the purposes the official trade, we're swapping JDG for a 5 place pick upgrade to a top 5 pick and getting Lynch as FA.

In terms of collusion, I think JDG is clearly one of those players where his value is so varied in peoples eyes, it'll be hard to prove that it's a trade specifically to benefit GC and offer them something more on top of their FA comp. On one hand you can argue the JDG is a former pick 5 about to breakout in the perfect age bracket worth a top 5 pick on his own like the Weller for pick 2 trade GC did last year. On another hand you can argue that he's a talented kid who has massive off field troubles and baggage and is only worth a small pick upgrade like the Cam McCarthy trade to Freo.

A) Please stop ignoring the compensation pick 4 they're giving away as if it's not something they would otherwise have if Lynch left as an FA.

B) Any time we offer GC something to get them to not match our FA bid it is 100% collusion.

C) GC would be getting swindled I can't really make it any clearer than the previous reply - ie. they would be losing the best player and high pick in exchange for a lesser player (who may or may not be at the elite level at some point in the future) and a lower pick. They would also be losing out on grabbing one of the top 4 kids, which at this stage look like Lukiosis, one of the King twins or the "best" midfield prospect.

I don't know how you can not think they aren't getting absolutely swindled there - keeping their pick 3 has no relevance whatsoever.

p.s. GC stupidly overpaid for Weller - they sold the farm worse than we did in grabbing Murray (mostly because they dicked around and left the trade until the very last minute just as we did).

A) Please stop ignoring the compensation pick 4 they're giving away as if it's not something they would otherwise have if Lynch left as an FA.

B) Any time we offer GC something to get them to not match our FA bid it is 100% collusion.

C) GC would be getting swindled I can't really make it any clearer than the previous reply - ie. they would be losing the best player and high pick in exchange for a lesser player (who may or may not be at the elite level at some point in the future) and a lower pick. They would also be losing out on grabbing one of the top 4 kids, which at this stage look like Lukiosis, one of the King twins or the "best" midfield prospect.

I don't know how you can not think they aren't getting absolutely swindled there - keeping their pick 3 has no relevance whatsoever.

p.s. GC stupidly overpaid for Weller - they sold the farm worse than we did in grabbing Murray (mostly because they dicked around and left the trade until the very last minute just as we did).

Eh? It's pretty simple. If they prefer just the pick 4 then sure they can keep it and we just get Lynch in free agency. If you think they'd rather pick 4 only instead of JDG and pick 9 to help improve the compo then its easy and no need to worry about collusion.

They don't lose the best player AND high pick. They only get that high compo pick BECAUSE they lose their player. If they don't lose Lynch they don't get that high pick. Stop double counting.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back