Player Watch Jordan De Goey

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

God I hope it's 3 at least. Having to retain jdg and Shaz again in two years will cost a lot the way they're tracking

It will cost a lot but it will be well worth it. Both will be guns and hopefully we will be pushing for a premiership over the next few years.

Internally, I think they should be talking Premiership, I don't care what they're talking externally.

Is that you Gary Pert?

Lol, really?
Yeah really. Don't really appreciate the smarmy attitude.

As woeful as St Kilda and Carlton are, you have to assume they are rational actors and would not throw the huge premium at De Goey that would take to lead him away from Collingwood based on form from this year plus potential.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Whether there may be any external offers made to De Goey isn't all that relevant if Collingwood and his management have commenced talks on an extended contract.

I would love it if his new contract was for four years @ maybe $600,000 per season. Whether it will or not, I have no idea, let's just wait and see what happens.

We have the cap space.

Positive news that the club and De Goey's management are talking.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As woeful as St Kilda and Carlton are, you have to assume they are rational actors and would not throw the huge premium at De Goey that would take to lead him away from Collingwood based on form from this year plus potential.

I am certain there are some sizeable offers on the table from St.Kilda, North Melbourne, Carlton etc.

A 22yr old who's proven he can essentially play as a key-forward, and an incredibly damaging midfielder. In an era where ludicrous sums of money are thrown at players, on occasion, based purely on potential.

Have to disagree with you on this one pragers.
The potential that JDG has shown this year in my eyes is huge.
Could be anything.
The first half against Melb was intoxicating.
I reckon there will be some clubs out there willing to throw "godfather" sums at him.
The kid is going to be special.
Hope he stays.

We are seriously fighting Norf here. The minnows have offered him huge money and he doesn’t want to go there however their offer is far greater than ours.
We should of extended JDG towards end of last year....blind Freddy could tell he was going be a superstar of the future.

We are seriously fighting Norf here. The minnows have offered him huge money and he doesn’t want to go there however their offer is far greater than ours.
They would be the last club I would want to deal with. They don’t have anyone that interests me at the trade table. Anyone that they are willing to give up anyway.

Not that I’m worried he would go there.

Phrasing could have been better, but LP was right. Now that Wines is signed up JDG is the second most valuable commodity on the list of uncontracted players because of his age, positional felixibility and attributes.

McKay publicly stated this week that Carlton are in the market for right now types and JDG fits that bill. I think if the indications hadn’t been so strong that he’s keen to stay Niall would be fielding offers in the vicinity of $800k-$1 million from the likes of St Kilda, Carlton, North and Richmond (if Lynch falls through). The assumption in this case should probably be that the massive offers are there he’s simply instructed his management to ignore them. For now.

God I hope it's 3 at least. Having to retain jdg and Shaz again in two years will cost a lot the way they're tracking

And Grundy. In a Free Agency year.

Don't know why club doesn't push hard for 4 years, with lots of built in incentives...give the kid plenty to aim at!

They probably have. However, DeGoey would be foolish to sign for anymore than 2 years if he expects to continue on his trajectory. Players also sign extended contracts during their existing contracts.

I’d thinknif he gets $600kpa for 2 years now, his next contract would be $800k +

I can’t see DeGoey being offered anymore than $700k-$800k max from desperate clubs.

The fact is that he has a lot of potential, and has shown in a handful of games what he can do. Maybe be different is he plays 5 or 6 blinders in the second half of the season which puts him past the simple ‘potential’ to what he currently can deliver.

If I were the blues, he is the guy I’d be throwing $$ at and even offering the Pies their first and a change of picks to encourage them to let him go.

I can’t see DeGoey being offered anymore than $700k-$800k max from desperate clubs.

The fact is that he has a lot of potential, and has shown in a handful of games what he can do. Maybe be different is he plays 5 or 6 blinders in the second half of the season which puts him past the simple ‘potential’ to what he currently can deliver.

If I were the blues, he is the guy I’d be throwing $$ at and even offering the Pies their first and a change of picks to encourage them to let him go.
Blues just put Curnow on 800k.... I would hazard a guess to say they offered De Goey well over that and got knocked back tbh, leading to them spending overs just to get the signature of Curnow now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back