Player Watch Jordan De Goey

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that JDG made a bad judgement call in that play and I assume or at least hope that it was against a team instruction. JDG made the attacking call of staying down rather than adding himself to the aerial contest because we already had someone in an advantageous position in an aerial contest, which is the way to go most of the time, but I assume that our forwards were instructed to fly with MacGovern when he was their opponent coming in as third man up, because he is so bloody good at it. So yes, I agree that it was an error on JDG's behalf, but to apportion a chunk of blame of the defeat to this one decision was over the top and appeared to be intentionally inflammatory.
It was what I saw.
And I stated what I saw and how I interpreted it in the context of the game at the pointy end.
Some don’t like the truth when pointed out and react accordingly. Don’t blame me for that, don’t accuse me of being inflammatory.
Because that’s simply untrue.

It was what I saw.
And I stated what I saw and how I interpreted it in the context of the game at the pointy end.
Some don’t like the truth when pointed out and react accordingly. Don’t blame me for that, don’t accuse me of being inflammatory.

Fair enough. I won't accuse you of being inflammatory. I'm happy to believe that wasn't your intention. Instead I will accuse you of being overly willing to attribute blame. I've highlighted truth, because while I agree that Degoey made the wrong call on this occasion to then go on and attribute a big part of the loss to this incident is far from a truth. I think the same for those looking to attribute the loss to any one incident in the match, be it this incident, Treloar's kick, an incident involving Langdon (there's always one that he cops it for), the umpire not giving a free kick to Maynard, etc.

It was what I saw.
I think you have gone about it the wrong way. I said earlier in this thread I thought tackling in the F50 is something I thought he could work on because he didn’t have any tackles GF day. If he’s going to be our general forward to have 2-3 tackles there would be golden. But to say he’s to blame is pretty out there.

How is two meter Peter going?

(Phew glad we didn’t go that way)

Last edited:
Anyone know anywhere I can put a bet on Jordy to kick 60+ goals next year?
A lot of the major betting companies will let you recommend markets and they will give you odds. However there may a limit on the the minimum bet needed.

Prob worth sending an email to the big corporates if you are keen.

A toss up between De Goey and Heeney for pick 1, and I'm taking Jordy. Makes me glad Dekka and Rendell were behind the wheel

I’m struggling with how the two are comparable ATM myself. JDG broke free of the peloton in 2018 and was a full season from being the first AA out of that draft class. Heeney and co can bridge the gap, but injury free JDG is a 70+ goal a season player (50 off his own boot and 20 assisting) and the current clear best from that draft class. The only bloke I’d even think before declining a trade offer for him is Andrews.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m struggling with how the two are comparable ATM myself. JDG broke free of the peloton in 2018 and was a full season from being the first AA out of that draft class. Heeney and co can bridge the gap, but injury free JDG is a 70+ goal a season player (50 off his own boot and 20 assisting) and the current clear best from that draft class. The only bloke I’d even think before declining a trade offer for him is Andrews.
I was trying not to be biased :p

That being said Andrews was an oversight by me.

Yeah Heeney was clearly a few steps behind De Goey in 2018. Only reason i see people rating Heeney higher is because of his versatility(Though De Goey is way better as a forward, and on his small sample as a mid in 2018, is probably a better midfielder too) and his impressive first 3 seasons in the comp. i thought Heeney would be slightly better by now and if he doesnt improve next season with the expected added midfield minutes, Sydney will be slightly underwhelmed with him. De Goey just needs to replicate his form over a full season and we are thrilled.

As of right now De Goey>Heeney.

Wasn't a great draft, but still great to virtually get the number pick in it. We also got Maynard later which is a good pick, but Moore not looking top ten atm. Recent hindsight on this draft had Jack Sinclair pushing him outside the top ten. Jordy was number one.

**** me swinging, I'm just watching 2018 Grand Final highlights and I forgot how good this guy was.
I don't think many Pies fans will have forgotten! We're looking forward to having (hopefully) a full season of De Goey playing at his best. It should be a sight to behold!

I'm super late on this, but I'd take Andrews over any other non-Pies player in the league right now. Would be our fullback for a decade.

Highly unlikely to leave Brisbane though, sadly.
He looks the goods long term.

His one percenters are through the roof in some games.

I think he was NEAFL academy player too in his draft year (2014 same as Jordan’s year).

We did super well with Jordan, Darcy, Maynard and a miss with Goodyear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back