Recommitted Jordan de Goey [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not sure why the Saints would want De Goey to be honest.

Yes he is a talented player, but if he comes across as one of the better paid players at the saints he'll destroy the clubs culture.

From what I understand the guy lacks basic life skills such as being able to wash his own clothes or being able to vacuum a floor. Still on the durries and and there are a lot of trust issues between player and current club.

Yes he is a talented player, but if he comes across as one of the better paid players at the saints he'll destroy the clubs culture.

From what I understand the guy lacks basic life skills such as being able to wash his own clothes or being able to vacuum a floor. Still on the durries and and there are a lot of trust issues between player and current club.

Sounds like he's an just an immature kid with the weight of unrealistic expectations of a society whose shadenfreude is ironically being pandered to for their insatiable appetite of the inevitable failings of young men like Jordy who they (society) are pitchforking.

Maybe a later first rounder is a fair trade, but I can’t see a club giving up a top 5 pick for him unless he really starts turning it on this year.

Long Way to go in the Season so that is a Chance he could Turn it on.

Showed some Signs in 2nd Half of Last Year he can have a Big Impact

Sounds like he's an just an immature kid with the weight of unrealistic expectations of a society whose shadenfreude is ironically being pandered to for their insatiable appetite of the inevitable failings of young men like Jordy who they (society) are pitchforking.

Might not Matured Yet. Can take some more then just Turning 18 to Mature

A move interstate out of the lime light is probably tempting for De Goey. The Swans were reportedly keen end of last year. The Suns would show interest as well likewise the Crows if they lose Sloane.

What about De Goey for McCartin and maybe some other stuff?

As McCartin as not set the AFL Alight Yet and Saints have a Few KPF at there Club and Feels a Need at Collingwood

What about De Goey for McCartin and maybe some other stuff?

As McCartin as not set the AFL Alight Yet and Saints have a Few KPF at there Club and Feels a Need at Collingwood
I wouldnt do that deal if Im the Pies. De Goey looks ready to break out.

I wouldnt do that deal if Im the Pies. De Goey looks ready to break out.

He only Leaves IF he asks to leave. I doubt we would Trade Him just because we needed Picks or part of a Trade for High Pick. Only do that IF we land Lynch as De Goey might be then Squeezed out

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Holy * people overrate the value of a draft pick so much - especially people from the club in question that's chasing another player. He's an established AFL player, drafted in the top 5 and so far proven to be one of the best 5 from his draft year, played more games than nearly everyone in his draft and is widely regarded as having a ton of potential to the point he'd already demand 500-600k a year.

But "you’d think his value has only dropped since (being drafted)". :drunk:

He only Leaves IF he asks to leave. I doubt we would Trade Him just because we needed Picks or part of a Trade for High Pick. Only do that IF we land Lynch as De Goey might be then Squeezed out

If he asks to leave Collingwood, then I don't want Carlton going anywhere near him, trade, PSD whatever. After all the s**t he's put Collingwood through, who have punished but stuck by him showing faith, it would be a campaigner act to leave and would show his character. This is if he wants to leave for more $$.

And god do we need quality players.

Holy **** people overrate the value of a draft pick so much - especially people from the club in question that's chasing another player. He's an established AFL player, drafted in the top 5 and so far proven to be one of the best 5 from his draft year, played more games than nearly everyone in his draft and is widely regarded as having a ton of potential to the point he'd already demand 500-600k a year.

Yep, always the case.

As is the standard inane comment that “next year is a super draft”.

Holy **** people overrate the value of a draft pick so much - especially people from the club in question that's chasing another player. He's an established AFL player, drafted in the top 5 and so far proven to be one of the best 5 from his draft year, played more games than nearly everyone in his draft and is widely regarded as having a ton of potential to the point he'd already demand 500-600k a year.

Haha. Petracca, Wright, Heeney, Duggan, McLean, Miller, Weller, Cockatoo, McGovern and Daniel are all better players.

Haha. Petracca, Wright, Heeney, Duggan, McLean, Miller, Weller, Cockatoo, McGovern and Daniel are all better players.

Weller and Cockatoo have absolutely nothing on De Goey. He’s better than Duggan and on form, Miller too. Potential is greater than McGovern’s and Daniel’s as well.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

What a slap in the face to Bucks and Collingwood. Bucks has practically raised Jordan like his son. Unlike in the Bible it is unlikely this prodigal son will return.

How many players in his draft received two lengthy club sanctions in the space of twelve months?

Jake Stringer was an AA and more proven than DeGoey.

Pies supporters massively overeating their own. Nothing new here. For the record I rate his potential highly. But anyone giving up a top 10 pick or offering big money for an unproven player with off field issues is nuts. In a redone draft he wouldn't be taken in the top 10. He's got talent but is way too much of a risk to offer big for. I hope he stays at Collingwood because him leaving for a big money deal had disaster written all over it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back