Recommitted Jordan de Goey [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not sure why the Saints would want De Goey to be honest.

Yes he is a talented player, but if he comes across as one of the better paid players at the saints he'll destroy the clubs culture.

Were they better off paying $700,000 per year for someone posting pics of themselves snorting coke?

Not a free agent of any type, a required player and will be playing great footy at seasons end.
Oh l did not know l was not aloud a opinion on this, l will just wait till a Essendon player wants to go and see what you have to say, could be funny reading.

Its allowed, not aloud.
Aloud is what you should not be expressing your views

rate the kid highly. unlike Darcy the hype is real an he will deliver long term.

only thing is his body.what 2 hammies already.

an those tats brings his value down to a 4th rounder.throw in the dog as well.

The kid is a very good young prospect and he will probably pressure the Collingwood salary cap if they decide to keep him.

Unfortunately for the pies, he does have some warts, is still a largely unrealised talent, and this will likely effect his trade value.

So we might Sign him for Cheaper then;)

He could go on the chopping block for T.Lynch. It makes sense from a trade and salary cap perspective.

The pies could trade out their own 1st round pick and a 1st round pick for De Goey to get a trade over the line. Otherwise, GC would cop the single 1st round compo for Lynch and Collingwood make out like mad bastards with Lynch and a couple of picks in the 7 to 14 range.

The draft and trade period this year is going to be right off tap.

IF Lynch Chooses us

As well as contract size and length etc, I imagine a fair bit of it might come down to how much midfield time he gets at the Pies this year.

If he's spending a lot of time forward he might be keen to get to a club that tells him they want him to be a key component of their midfield going forward.

What sort of % has he been playing midfield in his recent games (this year and last)?

He won’t go to the saints. He wants to play good footy. The saints will only make him a worse player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As well as contract size and length etc, I imagine a fair bit of it might come down to how much midfield time he gets at the Pies this year.

If he's spending a lot of time forward he might be keen to get to a club that tells him they want him to be a key component of their midfield going forward.

What sort of % has he been playing midfield in his recent games (this year and last)?

He's played one game so far this year. I don't think we've really seen enough to make any judgement.

Given that we've got two games in five days coming up against some bigger-bodied midfield groups, I'd imagine he'd be getting a fair run through the middle over the next couple of matches, along with a host of others.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back