Recommitted Jordan de Goey [re-signed]

Sep 20, 2009
Pascoe Vale
AFL Club
Geelong
Usually injuries or the realisation they are bad kicks

Genuine question not troll...is there something in the game plan or structure that makes your players "bad kicks" (i.e. constantly under pressure, kicking to poor areas, in contested situations)? Pie fans seem to complain constantly about so many of their players' foot skills, I was just wondering if there was something more to it.

Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Genuine question not troll...is there something in the game plan or structure that makes your players "bad kicks" (i.e. constantly under pressure, kicking to poor areas, in contested situations)? Pie fans seem to complain constantly about so many of their players' foot skills, I was just wondering if there was something more to it.
Game plan and foot skills are our biggest issues imo, half of the Collingwood fans will disagree with game plan being an issue. I'm not really sure if the game plan leads to bad kicks but it leads to bad defense and bad end results.

Sep 20, 2009
Pascoe Vale
AFL Club
Geelong
A rumour on the Rockliff thread that the Pies were into him.

Straight swap Rocky for deGoey? Would fit with where both clubs are at ATM.... Collingwood get the experienced head they want, and Brisbane get a young potential gun to help with their rebuild

Milk Steak

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 30, 2011
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Detroit Lions

Straight swap Rocky for deGoey? Would fit with where both clubs are at ATM.... Collingwood get the experienced head they want, and Brisbane get a young potential gun to help with their rebuild
Rumour likely to be fake as,but would do without doubt.

SterlingArcher

Brownlow Medallist
May 16, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton

Can't see it. Pies can get experience more cheaply. Rocky probably doesn't really offer anything to the midfield that they desperately need?

Collingwood would definitely need to do something to sweeten the deal. Rocky gets massively underrated on BF, even if he's at odds with Brisbane he's still worth more to them than a talented youngster who still has a few question marks.

Rockliff to the pies is as fake as JDG being traded at all. Neither will happen.

Rich01

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
Can play. Question his speed but he's a bull around the ball. A few not so pleasant rumours going round about his party lifestyle at the moment. I'd be hesitant to pick him up based on this and hope Collingwood can help him ford I'll his potential.

Feb 9, 2015
South Australia
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls,
Would trade Hartlett for him. We would probably need to add steak knives though.

Do Pies need experienced heads? That'd be the only reason they'd take that kind of deal, to be fair.
Are you kidding? De Goey is a gun player and he's been playing for what, 2 seasons?. If you wanted him you would have to involve your first rounder and something else, maybe even Hartlett with a Collingwood future 2nd going back or something.

JLC

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 4, 2001
house
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Liverpool NY Yankees
Collingwood would definitely need to do something to sweeten the deal. Rocky gets massively underrated on BF, even if he's at odds with Brisbane he's still worth more to them than a talented youngster who still has a few question marks.

Rockliff is damaged goods. Brisbane deep down want to offload him and that way can appoint a new captain and make a fresh start. I wouldn't be offering de Goey.

Rockliff is damaged goods. Brisbane deep down want to offload him and that way can appoint a new captain and make a fresh start. I wouldn't be offering de Goey.

You should have a chat with old mate toxic , he'll clue you up on the situation.

pies get a GUN

Lions get a maybe great player

If the Lions went for that deal they need there heads read as much as I love DeGoey

OnceKicked50

Cancelled
Aug 15, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Are you serious? I'm not Rockliff's biggest fan but that's insulting...

Back