Recommitted Jordan de Goey [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

I'll be quite shocked if he leaves this window. THink what you said is the likely scenario.
I personally think its just about impossible for him to leave this year with the outstanding legal issue probably not resolved until late last year or 2 reasons.
1. No club will give him a crazy deal with this impending
2. Whilst i dont think much will come from this issue he will be in clear water and free agent to maximize his earnings in 2 years time

JORDAN DE GOEY (COLL)

Draft picks:
Two mid-to-late first-round picks
Value on open market: $850,000-950,000

De Goey has said it's his desire to remain with the Pies but rivals will continue to ask the question until he officially inks a new contract. The proven match-winner will start next season as a 25-year-old and is still two seasons off free agency. These type of players don't become available all too often.

So he's managed by his Dad..... Interesting.

What more management does an AFL player need?

Footy players are bizarrely non-existent in endorsements and off-field earning, so it's just about the playing contract and "behaviour management" (if the bloke is a bit immature or stupid), isn't it?

I personally think its just about impossible for him to leave this year with the outstanding legal issue probably not resolved until late last year or 2 reasons.
1. No club will give him a crazy deal with this impending
2. Whilst i dont think much will come from this issue he will be in clear water and free agent to maximize his earnings in 2 years time

I think on-field he's still yet to maximise his potential output and therefore earning power, too.

I think he needs a big, full season (he's missed 21 games in the past 3 seasons alone) in 2021, to really earn himself top dollar long-term.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You mean you read it on your board by a cats poster? Treloar and Degoey... It’s almost like it’s too good to be true?
Both are likely to be very, very expensive in salary and in picks.

Although Treloar's salary isn't actually that high compared to his output. 650k a year for Treloar is a pretty decent bargain, especially when you consider even Jared polec probably earns more than that...

Give him what he wants Pies. Big time player; made for impact in finals.

Didn't get a heap of it but stepped up with 2 clutch goals when the team needed him on the weekend.

CARLTON COULDN’T, COULD THEY?

Essendon legend Tim Watson believes Carlton are interested in poaching Collingwood star Jordan De Goey this off-season, which would round out an unprecedented trio of recruits for the Blues if the trade period goes according to plan.

The Blues are every chance of welcoming Adam Saad and Zac Williams across from Essendon and Greater Western Sydney respectively, which has left some questioning how the club will manage to fit both into their salary cap.

Speaking on SEN Breakfast, Watson said he had been told by a source that the Blues were also looking at De Goey, with the 24-year-old out-of-contract and without a manager heading into 2021.

“He (Watson’s source) said, ‘Yes, Carlton are keen on (Jordan) De Goey and I said, ‘How can they possibly get that deal done?’ and he said, ‘With great difficulty but they are looking at him as a possible recruit as well’.”

Watson added he couldn’t see how the Blues would get that deal done, while Melbourne great Garry Lyon said he had spoken to a source of his own, who said Carlton are “not finished” with their headhunting just yet.

“They’re asking the question of some big names and some big, big names are asking the question of them,” he relayed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back