Player Watch Jordan De Goey

Remove this Banner Ad

The worst display of handballing I have EVER seen.

2/10 of his handballs that I was watching actually hit their target.

His kicking is also awful. Embarrassing ball use, so lazy.
His handballing was appalling! He turned it over repeatedly or chose to give it to players under extreme heat. And he didn't learn from his first three mistakes.

How does that explain him missing 6-7 handballs and constantly SHANKING kicks?

One of the worst ball users in 2024.

The amount of handballs he had that missed is absolutely MIND BLOWING that more people aren't talking about it. He had a period where 7/8 of his handballs missed the target. Bizzarre
It's hard work out there

His handballing was appalling! He turned it over repeatedly or chose to give it to players under extreme heat. And he didn't learn from his first three mistakes.
He didn’t have a great game, but was still influential. 11 contested possessions and over 300 meters gained. Also laid 6 tackles.

Definitely needs to clean up his disposal but it’s not quite as bad as your emotive use of language makes out.

I think he's been a strong focus of opposition defence. You often see him with more than 1 opponent. Consequence being he rarely has time and space. I think he'll adjust to it as the season progresses.
Agree but also think he has more time than he thinks he does.
He’s rushing his disposals and handing to teammates in worse positions than he is.
He needs to find some composure.

A lot of it is that teams are setting a second line of defence for our forward handballs or Jordy/Nick breaking through - so it's no longer a case of get ahead of the pack and settle or avoid the one tackler by giving it to the bloke beside you who has also gotten ahead of the pack, as there's more tacklers there now.
February this year Kingy was talking about the biggest asset to a midfielder was their ability to break the first tackle. JDG does it by bullocking through and Naicos through agility and with those lanes taken away we aren’t as effective through contests. I actually think it’s curtailed Crisp the most though. Steele’s ability to do it has dropped off the face of the earth hence my interest in HH, but that’s a side quest.

I haven’t seen enough live footy this year to be certain with these, but I’d like to see us feeding the ball back from contests more and surging it in general play with tap ons as we did v Port. There was a stack of opportunities v Essendon to shunt the ball on which we didn’t take. It’s probably pressure plus numbers around the contest and it’s easy from the cheap seats, but I feel that if we find our form our ball movement will encompass a lot more of it than the Sean Connery Bomd approach through the middle…

He didn’t have a great game, but was still influential. 11 contested possessions and over 300 meters gained. Also laid 6 tackles.

Definitely needs to clean up his disposal but it’s not quite as bad as your emotive use of language makes out.

Agree, got his hands on the ball plenty and although he was off the mark with disposal was sill influential. Playing inside mid you don’t have a lot of time to get your disposal away so clangers will come with the territory although last start he was definitely messier than he should have been. He’s not our problem though ( not that personally I feel we have too many problems)

Jordie's handballing was atrocious on Thursday. No other stat changes that fact.

Appalling, atrocious…

Got another one?
Jordie is a gun. I love having him in our club. His handballing on Thursday was the worst I've seen in many a year. Next week it may be slick and accurate like it usually is.

If you watched the game and have a better description of his suicidal hand passes let me read it.

Jordie is a gun. I love having him in our club. His handballing on Thursday was the worst I've seen in many a year. Next week it may be slick and accurate like it usually is.

If you watched the game and have a better description of his suicidal hand passes let me read it.
He made some poor errors. You just go way over the top.
For example, “worst I’ve seen any many a year.”

It’s hyperbolic nonsense.

Thought he was pretty poor against Essendon, his decision making and execution well below elite and spotted him cruising back a few times when, he should have been sprinting down to the next man or into a contested area.

Has been in decent form but well below his best on ANZAC Day. In fact most of our mids got towelled up for most of the day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He made some poor errors. You just go way over the top.
For example, “worst I’ve seen any many a year.”

It’s hyperbolic nonsense.

Number 1 in the entire AFL for clangers, and spots #2 #3 and #4 are all ruckmen. Champion data rank him the worst kick in the AFL. His handpasses are also poor.

Open your eyes Jmac.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back