Recommitted Jordan DeGoey [Re-signed to 2027]

Oct 12, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
Looks like the 7 year offers might be off the table. He has a season to prove his worth on field and then it's up to a club to take a punt on the off field stuff. Does Collingwood look at the compo pick and say we may as well keep him. At his best a match winner and these guys are rare but I can't see a heap of buyers out there. Is anybody game?

Oct 1, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
This could weirdly work in Collingwood favor. Assuming they want to keep him, big if, they can probably re-sign him for a lot less than originally anticipated.
Probably the only positive we (Collingwood) can take from his past 3-4 months.

His on his last chance and the club most likely will not have to cough up as much in length and $$ as what we may have otherwise had to.

Pleasedontfail11

Premiership Player
Oct 28, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
F1 racing
I don't see any club offering him that, Collingwood included.
His second half of 2021 in the midfield was AA standard and he has come back in 2022 looking fit. His on-field issues are that he is inconsistent (mostly as a forward) and he has a few injuries (probably misses 4-6 games a season ). If he has a good season similar to his second half 2021 as a midfielder he will have quite a few offers.

Sep 19, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Lakers, Chiefs
His second half of 2021 in the midfield was AA standard and he has come back in 2022 looking fit. His on-field issues are that he is inconsistent (mostly as a forward) and he has a few injuries (probably misses 4-6 games a season ). If he has a good season similar to his second half 2021 as a midfielder he will have quite a few offers.

It wasnt anywhere near AA standard, he ran up and down the ground getting cheap possessions.

Jan 7, 2011
Heaven. I mean Victoria.
AFL Club
St Kilda
We finished second last... No one got votes in our games.
Gold Coast only won 1 more game yet Touk Miller got 17 votes from 21 games, while Carlton only won 2 more games and Sam Walsh got 30 votes!

De Goey was definitely very good though. Probably more AA squad standard than AA team tho imo.

Back