Past Jordan Foote - delisted 2018

Didn't get that elusive Brownlow though :(
Because the posters here are too negative RW! If the usual suspects had been a bit more positive he would have gotten the extra Brownlow votes (it is really just a popularity contest!) but at least we got an exceptional trade return for Craig!

Tedeski

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 2, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Mava Fan Cooler
Maibaum has been given number 21! So we've got an instant replacement for Leo Barry, awesome!

Edwards has been given number 19 so we've got an instant replacement for Michael O'Loughlin!

We've been missing Brett Kirk but Harrison Marsh is in that number so we're sorted!
That's the spirit!

Tedeski

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 2, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Mava Fan Cooler
The one thing some people fail to factor in with up & coming players on here is their capacity to develop year by year iunder the guidance of our coaches. Just as many of us would like to think we get better at our role at our choice of employment.

I need to talk to my business banker tomorrow to see if he's learnt anything over the last week!

Tedeski

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 2, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Mava Fan Cooler
Mitchell's gone because of the nature of the competition!
"Some around here" need to get over it.

Jordan Foote has played one game for the Swans.
He has been given a senior contract by the club.
He has more chance of playing in a p'ship for the Swans now than Tom Mitchell has for the Swans.( That's for the Stats gurus on here that love stating things after the fact).

So Jordan Foote will now wear number 6 for the Swans.
Bring on the hate!

RW

Cancelled
10k Posts Sydney Forum Service Medal Sydney Swans - Jake Lloyd 2020 Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor Sydney Swans - Harry Cunningham 2019 Player Sponsor Ex-Moderator Sydney Swans - Gary Rohan Player Sponsor 2018 Sydney Swans - George Hewett Player Sponsor 2017 Sydney Swans - Callum Mills Player Sponsor 2016 Podcaster
Jan 11, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney
Continue the Foote discussion in here.

Is Foote the most talked about non-best 22 player in this history of this board?

Tom Mitchell

and/or

Dean Towers

and/or

Sam Naismith

and/or

Aliir Aliir

and/or

Harry Cunningham

and/or

Jarrad Mcveigh

SilentHunter_

Cancelled
10k Posts
Sep 15, 2014
Terra firma
AFL Club
Sydney
Tom Mitchell

and/or

Dean Towers

and/or

Sam Naismith

and/or

Aliir Aliir

and/or

Harry Cunningham

and/or

Jarrad Mcveigh
All of them were best 22 by the time any sort of reasonable discussion started about them though. Well I wasn't around for McVeigh but all the others anyway. I'll give you mitchell though.

All of them were best 22 by the time any sort of reasonable discussion started about them though. Well I wasn't around for McVeigh but all the others anyway. I'll give you mitchell though.
There was never any point post-2012 at which Tom Mitchell was not best 22 for us. There's a difference between being in our best 22 players, and being picked in the senior side. Which is brilliantly demonstrated whenever Jordan Foote is selected

Jun 19, 2011
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Wallabies
He might not be the heir to Tom Mitchell's throne, but the John Blakey review of Foote's year on the website gives some pretty strong indications that Foote might not be done on our list just yet. I think we've all thought that he's a dead certainty to be delisted (I know I have) but Blakey suggests they have been grooming him to take over for Nick Smith as a shutdown small defender and he even would have been in contention to come into the side late in the year when Smith got hurt had Foote not also been injured.

He might not be the heir to Tom Mitchell's throne, but the John Blakey review of Foote's year on the website gives some pretty strong indications that Foote might not be done on our list just yet. I think we've all thought that he's a dead certainty to be delisted (I know I have) but Blakey suggests they have been grooming him to take over for Nick Smith as a shutdown small defender and he even would have been in contention to come into the side late in the year when Smith got hurt had Foote not also been injured.
Those player reviews are not worth the electronic paper they are printed on

http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/player-profile/brandon-jack

"Good form in the NEAFL, which yielded a place in the League’s Team of the Year, suggests he’s still on the cusp. He averaged more than 26 touches across his 17 games in the reserves, showing what he’s capable of. Another big pre-season will see him stay in the hunt for a senior berth."

http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/player-profile/tyrone-leonardis

"Given senior opportunities in last year’s pre-season challenge, Leonardis showed promise while developing his football in the NEAFL. Boasting a powerful kick and silky skill, the wingman or half-back flanker should for push for more game-time at senior level early this season."

http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/player-profile/abaina-davis

"The versatile Academy product showed plenty in his first season in the AFL system, playing as a wingman/half-forward in the NEAFL, while also looking at home in defence. Experienced the thrill of playing for the indigenous All Stars before he had even pulled on a Swans jumper and will look to impress the coaching staff over the pre-season to push for a senior game in 2016."

http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/player-profile/jack-hiscox

"Yet another Swans Academy youngster to be drafted at the end of 2014, Hiscox showed his running ability by winning the club’s 3km time trial in his first pre-season. It was no surprise given he had won two 800m national titles and that running prowess allowed Hiscox to cover plenty of territory during games. He built an impressive fitness base which meant he could run all day. Should be aiming to play senior football towards the end of 2016."
All rapidly delisted.

Jun 19, 2011
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Wallabies
They won’t delist as many players as people think, so he is a big chance to stay

Probably. If we have all of Marsh, Foote, Towers, Robinson, Rose, Fox as out of contract, fringe players I'd be ok with retaining Foote as long as he is exclusively deployed as a small, lockdown defender. From Blakey's review, we've got a view to finding Nick Smith's replacement, so I'm ok to try to develop Foote as that rather than use a rookie pick for it (using swansfan51 analysis, you can quite effectively find this relatively easy-to-replace position there).

I mean, the one good game Foote has ever played at senior level was that time he tagged Sam Mitchell last year. So maybe he could be OK playing a position which requires him to be supremely strong defensively and don't worry about finding the ball (i.e. Nick Smith's role). As long as he never goes near the senior midfield again, I'm fine with that.

I heard the main inspiration for Tom Mitchell to win the Brownlow was the Swans instantly giving Foote his old number, the ultimate disrespect.

Tedeski

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 2, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Mava Fan Cooler

So he's not replacing Tom Mitchell? So who will win our next Brownlow? Replacing Nick Smith won't even get him a vote.

RW

Cancelled
10k Posts Sydney Forum Service Medal Sydney Swans - Jake Lloyd 2020 Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor Sydney Swans - Harry Cunningham 2019 Player Sponsor Ex-Moderator Sydney Swans - Gary Rohan Player Sponsor 2018 Sydney Swans - George Hewett Player Sponsor 2017 Sydney Swans - Callum Mills Player Sponsor 2016 Podcaster
Jan 11, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney
He may have a slightly better chance of making it as a shutdown small defender than as a midfielder.

Back