Past Jordan Foote - delisted 2018

Wouldn't Marsh be a better Smith replacement?

A defender for a defender does seem more logical than an unsuccessful inside midfielder into a defender.

Jun 19, 2011
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Wallabies
Wouldn't Marsh be a better Smith replacement?

I used to think Marsh could take over for Smith but I haven't liked how he looks on really quick forwards. He's a little too slow imo.

I'd be interested to see Foote rookie listed and tried exclusively as a small defender. It's either him or find someone else in the rookie draft. May as well use Foote.

You're describing Marsh.

tenor.gif

Those player reviews are not worth the electronic paper they are printed on

All rapidly delisted.
This has to be a record, 48 hours between stupid media puff piece and player being delisted

RW

Cancelled
10k Posts Sydney Forum Service Medal Sydney Swans - Jake Lloyd 2020 Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor Sydney Swans - Harry Cunningham 2019 Player Sponsor Ex-Moderator Sydney Swans - Gary Rohan Player Sponsor 2018 Sydney Swans - George Hewett Player Sponsor 2017 Sydney Swans - Callum Mills Player Sponsor 2016 Podcaster
Jan 11, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney

Wolftone

Cancelled
Feb 1, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
You're describing Marsh.

Exactly right. Marsh played his first two years in the midfield. IAfter his second yaer I was all for delisting him. still am. don't believe he has much upside. foote and he have the same problem. notr enough tricks. Harry can mark well but as for run and carry and playing smart small forwards, he gets toweled up every time. His kicking, same as Foote, is basic to dreadful at best. Foote did improve his disposal this year though and Marsh didn't. That is why he ended up playing most of the season in the reserves.

6yearsold

Club Legend
Nov 23, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Crystal Palace
No far too slow for that spot. what's more he has the turning circle of a Mac truck for a mid size player that is a liability expecially playing on the small players. Eddie would eat him and spit out the leftovers.

one of the quickest on our list over the first ten metres

Jul 20, 2001
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
one of the quickest on our list over the first ten metres

His career contested defence loss % is 23.5% which is better than Nick Smith (24.6%), Dane Rampe (27.8%).

He also has an average of 1.8 contested defence 1 on 1 vs Smith at 1.5.

I think he is a pretty reliable defender personally, solid contributor with average to poor kicking.

Back