Delisted Jordan Gallucci [delisted]

Remove this Banner Ad

Gone under the radar as a failed first rounder. Completely anonymous as a player going into his fourth season.

Surely a Vic club will pony up a late draft pick for him?

Will be a swap with Essendon for Aaron Francis with some pick swaps in Essendon's favour.

Out of contract at the end of the year and out of favour.

What are his strengths and weaknesses and what is he worth Crows fans?
Strengths
Passing accuracy
Kicking
High reach
Vertical leap

Weaknesses
As identified he goes missing in games. Does one thing then waits for the next thing.

Value
? Who knows , the hope is this is the kick in the backside he needs. I cant see anything more than a 3rd rounder if he doesnt come on and that might be generous.

Looked every chance to be a bust in his draft year if I’m honest and I think most draft fans agreed. Couldn’t muster any idea as to why Adelaide used their pick on him. He had no point of difference whatsoever. Jarrod Berry was taken only two selections later.
word was at the club that Ogilvie wanted Tim English but Pyke over rode him. He would really want to pull his finger our this year as he might be in delist territory come seasons end

word was at the club that Ogilvie wanted Tim English but Pyke over rode him. He would really want to pull his finger our this year as he might be in delist territory come seasons end

Would speak volumes about the way the Crows are run if they allow their senior coach to over-rule their national recruiting manager. More likely this is an attempted deflection of blame because Pyke is no longer at the club...

Would speak volumes about the way the Crows are run if they allow their senior coach to over-rule their national recruiting manager. More likely this is an attempted deflection of blame because Pyke is no longer at the club...
No..this was common knowlegde at the time but yeah..not great if the coach pulled rank considering ogilvie is one of the very best in the business AND english looks like he might become a great talent

Looked every chance to be a bust in his draft year if I’m honest and I think most draft fans agreed. Couldn’t muster any idea as to why Adelaide used their pick on him. He had no point of difference whatsoever. Jarrod Berry was taken only two selections later.

Berry, Hayward, Witherden... Needless to say we dun goofed hard.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No..this was common knowlegde at the time but yeah..not great if the coach pulled rank considering ogilvie is one of the very best in the business AND english looks like he might become a great talent
IIRC Freo had a pick at 7 or 8 and was tipped to take English anyway (Logue went there instead?).
The BF draft watchers seemed pretty split on Gallucci at the time - high ceiling, low floor type of draftee.

Has to have a big year this year, otherwise could be delisted, depending on where we finish at the end of the year. If a trade eventuated, could really expect no better than a third round pick.

Pyke said that to a group of people at a function I attended.

He didn't overrule, he pointed out the list's desperate need for pace because the nature of the game was changing.

By the way, the Blues would have been in a far better position the last 20 years if SOMEONE overruled their recruiting manager.

Never rated his kicking in his draft year and still don't

His leap and pace are a strength

Right now, 4th rounder
His kicking and decision making during the game is excellent. It's improved drastically.

Just disappears for long periods and hasn't found the level of desperation and commitment that success needs.

Has the tools. Maybe doesn't have the ticker.

The Crows have got 266 games total from all players drafted since 2015 (which includes 6 mature age recruits). Wouldn't call Ogilvie one of the 'very best in the business'

The Crows have got 266 games total from all players drafted since 2015 (which includes 6 mature age recruits). Wouldn't call Ogilvie one of the 'very best in the business'
with the range of picks he has had to work with, he has done great. He can't control it if the senior coach wanted to play the senior players over the youth

with the range of picks he has had to work with, he has done great. He can't control it if the senior coach wanted to play the senior players over the youth

I dont know, he's had a lot of picks to work with between 2016- 2018 drafts and I can only see 1 guy who your recruiters would pick again with the picks they had if the drafts were done over again and that's Fogarty.

I dont know, he's had a lot of picks to work with between 2016- 2018 drafts and I can only see 1 guy who your recruiters would pick again with the picks they had if the drafts were done over again and that's Fogarty.
lots of discussion on our board about the draft strength in the year Gallucci was taken - it looks like a very thin draft all round. Fogarty will be a star but the crows only had 2 live picks in that draft (with our other pick McPherson being injured for just about his entire time with us) and 4 rookie picks which are just speculative picks. from those rookie picks, murphy has played a fair bit and ellis yolman was redrafted and he has been ok and is now on a longer deal with Brisbane. Chayce Jones is looking primed to be a mainstay of our midfield going forward as he has had a year of development and Butts and Hammill are developing nicely as defenders for us - but this year should show more assuming the new coach will play the youngsters more. McHenry is the outlier in that draft for me as there are others at the pick number that I would have expected us to consider

Pyke said that to a group of people at a function I attended.

He didn't overrule, he pointed out the list's desperate need for pace because the nature of the game was changing.

By the way, the Blues would have been in a far better position the last 20 years if SOMEONE overruled their recruiting manager.
We had a few in the last 20 years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back