News Jordan Galluci invited to train with Richmond.

Remove this Banner Ad

What are the dates to do with players and LTI list? Talk from the club on Soldo is focus on returning this season.
Soldo being injured so late last season does make return problematic. Any delays in his recovery do push the return date middle of finals.
There was only a couple of players from that Pickett draft that got games. Snelling and Marlion.
After COVID2020 season though, there'll be more players that didn't get a game at all. So there might more players nominate for it.
Soldo's knee was extremely bad and with his size and weight i wouldnt be holding out much hope for him to return at any level in 2021 and the club will be extra cautious with his rehabilitation due to the severity of the injury.

He should have every time to get it right specially with the depth we now have in the ruck with Nank , Ryan , CCJ , Chol with chop out from Lynch , Balta , Miller

it got jason and cameron cloke gigs at the pies
No it didn’t. They were drafted under father son rules completely different circumstances to what people are suggesting with Green

Soldo's knee was extremely bad and with his size and weight i wouldnt be holding out much hope for him to return at any level in 2021 and the club will be extra cautious with his rehabilitation due to the severity of the injury.

He should have every time to get it right specially with the depth we now have in the ruck with Nank , Ryan , CCJ , Chol with chop out from Lynch , Balta , Miller
Yeah it was a shocking injury, if I remember right it was both his ACL and PCL in the one go.

No it didn’t. They were drafted under father son rules completely different circumstances to what people are suggesting with Green
What they are suggesting is, they only got on the list (irrelevant of what system used) so Collingwod could secure they best and youngest Cloke later.

They are now suggesting this Green only gets on a list because the club want to secure his brother later...

SAME SAME

What they are suggesting is, they only got on the list (irrelevant of what system used) so Collingwod could secure they best and youngest Cloke later.

They are now suggesting this Green only gets on a list because the club want to secure his brother later...

SAME SAME
But having any of the brothers made zero difference it was under father son and they were drafted something the player has zero control over it’s entirely the club’s decision

What people are suggesting with Green is that we draft a player (who may not be the best option) purely to make it more palatable for a player to make the decision leave their current club because they can play with their brother

It should also be noted that Travis was like 13 when Jason (who was one of the best talls playing for vic metro in the under 18) was drafted
Are you implying that Collingwood drafted a guy because they somehow knew a 13 year old youngest brother would be the best?

Last edited:
But having any of the brothers made zero difference it was under father son and they were drafted something the player has zero control over it’s entirely the club’s decision

What people are suggesting with Green is that we draft a player (who may not be the best option) purely to make it more palatable for a player to make the decision leave their current club because they can play with their brother

It should also be noted that Travis was like 13 when Jason (who was one of the best talls playing for vic metro in the under 18) was drafted
Are you implying that Collingwood drafted a guy because they somehow knew a 13 year old youngest brother would be the best?

there is actually a fair element in truth to it. Travis was always earmarked as the best Of the 3 at a very young age. Richmond and Collingwood were jostling for Jason’s signature when Pies made a better offer to the family.
In saying that Jason had a reasonable start to his career. That 02 Grand Final may have had a different outcome had he not got suspended for an innocuous act (judging by the form he was in)

there is actually a fair element in truth to it. Travis was always earmarked as the best Of the 3 at a very young age. Richmond and Collingwood were jostling for Jason’s signature when Pies made a better offer to the family.
In saying that Jason had a reasonable start to his career. That 02 Grand Final may have had a different outcome had he not got suspended for an innocuous act (judging by the form he was in)
No doubt that there was contest over getting Jason over the line but
It was due to the fact that he was a talented player in his own right who we both has access to as a father son selection
Signing the other brothers down the track because they might of been better wouldn’t of come into the equation at all

and that’s what I see with Green
If he is the best player in his own right out of the guys training at the club and fighting over that last list spot fantastic get him in the doors

But what is getting implied a lot here is that we sign Green so we can try and make a case to his brother to join us down the track

No doubt that there was contest over getting Jason over the line but
It was due to the fact that he was a talented player in his own right who we both has access to as a father son selection
Signing the other brothers down the track because they might of been better wouldn’t of come into the equation at all

and that’s what I see with Green
If he is the best player in his own right out of the guys training at the club and fighting over that last list spot fantastic get him in the doors

But what is getting implied a lot here is that we sign Green so we can try and make a case to his brother to join us down the track

Believe me when I say it definitely did.
Jason was fortunate to be a great junior as well, so it was get him and guaranteed to get Travis. Cameron didn’t come on until he was in his late teens. Was representing Victoria in Rugby League in his early teens.

I am talking about their case specifically as I do have knowledge of it. Times are different now with bidding etc instead of just using a late draft pick.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes I am....

And Father son is also a choice, you can decline the Father Son offer and go into the draft.

Make no mistake, the PIES gave the sweetest deal to the first, to keep the old man happy, to ensure all 3 accepted the FS offer rather than Richmond getting a crack.

Loose “caricular” is the new Richmond
We’ve got adulterous husbands, stripper patrons, kebab eaters, pepper sprayed brawlers... and worst of all, COVID breachers! get on board for the hot new footy coaching trend of 2021!
Yeah. True. But we don’t have cardinals anymore. So we’ve tightened up our standards a bit.

Yes I am....

And Father son is also a choice, you can decline the Father Son offer and go into the draft.

Make no mistake, the PIES gave the sweetest deal to the first, to keep the old man happy, to ensure all 3 accepted the FS offer rather than Richmond getting a crack.

Thank god for that , Could not imagine that bogan lot associated with this great club again

Sign the Brother to our vfl side.
Least they can train together.
Or Tom finds it hard to crack into our senior side. :D
The brother will return to Sydney(gws) and play U19s if he gets no gig at Richmond. He's still eligible.

TAC kids will improve over the year but any player training with us now will also improve. And maybe improve more because they are in an AFL club environment. Richmond in fact. I'd rather pick 2 players now. Green sounds like a project but has had exposure to senior football. Galluci has more experience. I'd go with him.
There will be a couple of kids who come through and show a lot more than a recycled player. Happens almost every year. Galluci is a spud and looks like green will be lucky to be retained. Also our ruck stocks are now thin and we could pick the best state league ruck mid year in an ermegency situation.

There will be a couple of kids who come through and show a lot more than a recycled player. Happens almost every year. Galluci is a spud and looks like green will be lucky to be retained. Also our ruck stocks are now thin and we could pick the best state league ruck mid year in an ermegency situation.

Idk if our rucks stocks are thin with Ryan. Culina.

Miller. Chol. Etc. Sort of options

How or why is Gallucci a spud?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back