Past Jordan "I don’t think Sydney fans should be nervous at all" Dawson: Grand Theft Completed, traded 2021 to Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

GotTheGoodes

Bloods
Mar 15, 2010
Australia
AFL Club
Sydney
Agreed.

That's it.

Crows posters - remember where you are. Attempts to derail this thread or troll will be met with infractions from here on in.

Swans posters - don't feed the trolls. Report idiots & don't engage & so on (unless you can completely embarass them).

I've just had to move over 50 posts... that's ridiculous. Be better please.

Cheers - GTG.

bungee

Inside Mid
Aug 16, 2006
Sussex
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
I’m well aware of some people’s opinion of my home city/state. Doesn’t really bother me, I love it and that’ll do for me.

But going on a three paragraph long passionate rant about why you hate an entire city because a footballer moved to one of its teams isn’t exactly what you call healthy behaviour.
I don't hate Adelaide anymore than I hate the skin that forms on a cup of hot milk. Hanging out on another teams' board just in case you need to defend the honour of your little town is hardly healthy behaviour.

Get out and see the world, live somewhere else for a few years and you'll see Adelaide the way I do. I thought it was dull even when I lived in sleepy Slowbart. Did you marry the girl who sat next to you in 8th grade, or your cousin ? Do you live next door to your parents, or do you still live at home ? Get some perspective.

Mozzie19

Awesome
Jun 14, 2011
The west coast
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
West Coast Wonders
I don't hate Adelaide anymore than I hate the skin that forms on a cup of hot milk. Hanging out on another teams' board just in case you need to defend the honour of your little town is hardly healthy behaviour.

Get out and see the world, live somewhere else for a few years and you'll see Adelaide the way I do. I thought it was dull even when I lived in sleepy Slowbart. Did you marry the girl who sat next to you in 8th grade, or your cousin ? Do you live next door to your parents, or do you still live at home ? Get some perspective.
Respectfully bungee, I don't think we need to attack another posters personal life. I know Soggy2112 from another part of the forum and he's a good poster. All the posts of his I have read here have been respectful and we don't need to go personal.

the hypnotoad

All Australian
Mar 7, 2021
AFL Club
Sydney
It seems pretty clear from Gardiner’s and Dawson’s respective comments that Dawson was not fully transparent with the Swans. We all have foibles and so we shouldn’t rush to judge as a person as Bloods86 rightly points out -
understanding and compassion are good things.

However, we are not here to discuss Dawson as a human being, we are here to discuss him as a footballer. And as a footballer, he f’d over my club. He knew we were planning long term around him, that we had a tight salary cap and that some of his teammates’ futures were on a razor’s edge. Regardless, he kept some of his concerns to himself and did what he thought was right for him and his family - good on him.

This doesn’t mean we have to like him as a footballer. And I suspect he has lost some respect from his ex-teammates. If I was in Dawson’s shoes I could both think I had done the right thing and expect a well-deserved hostile reception when I next played the Swans. And I suspect we will give that to him - I would be shocked if a Mills, Parker, Buddy, etc would pass up an opportunity to make him earn it, or get in his face if he makes an error.
and maybe papley might have a word

Tedeski

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 2, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sunnybrook Farm
Young Jordan is going to have to get used to being hounded by media. It's already started.
We should have known judging by the fruitloop Crow supporters on the main board.

You can see why the Swans & fans would be disappointed after some of those comments by Jordan earlier in the year.
We move on. Good luck to the boy I guess. We'll still be contending.

Grand Uncle Horace

Hall of Famer
May 24, 2017
Old South Grandstand
AFL Club
Sydney
Young Jordan is going to have to get used to being hounded by media. It's already started.
We should have known judging by the fruitloop Crow supporters on the main board.

You can see why the Swans & fans would be disappointed after some of those comments by Jordan earlier in the year.
We move on. Good luck to the boy I guess. We'll still be contending.
.. and this is why you are a beloved poster on this Board..

The Gong

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Northern Districts Tigers
He's a very talented footballer and you can't take that away from him but our gameplan gave him space and time to work his left boot magic and I don't think the Crows gameplan will suit him nearly as well. It will be interesting to see how they use him. I hope for his sake he's made the right choice.

Crust

Team Captain
Jun 9, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SUANFC
He's a very talented footballer and you can't take that away from him but our gameplan gave him space and time to work his left boot magic and I don't think the Crows gameplan will suit him nearly as well. It will be interesting to see how they use him. I hope for his sake he's made the right choice.
David King said the same.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bloods86

Club Legend
Mar 7, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Socceroos, Power
Yeah. I won't say a bad word about him personally. He put in his all this year, especially towards the latter part where it sounds like he was weighing up a pretty difficult decision for him. Ideally for the club the timings would have worked out differently, just don't think he could have done that much different, where we'd end up with a better outcome.

That said, Crows will hopefully continue being a rabble, and he'll probably find it a lot more difficult. There's probably 3 positions he could fill and become their best option in those immediately (HB, Wing, HF), but I reckon the wing will be the starting point.

The Gong

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Northern Districts Tigers
Yeah. I won't say a bad word about him personally. He put in his all this year, especially towards the latter part where it sounds like he was weighing up a pretty difficult decision for him. Ideally for the club the timings would have worked out differently, just don't think he could have done that much different, where we'd end up with a better outcome.

That said, Crows will hopefully continue being a rabble, and he'll probably find it a lot more difficult. There's probably 3 positions he could fill and become their best option in those immediately (HB, Wing, HF), but I reckon the wing will be the starting point.
Found this interesting take in the SMH.

"The Swans made it clear they were unhappy to lose Dawson to Adelaide after he finished third in their best and fairest, but the door opened for him to return to his home state when they took so long to sign their players near the end of the year. In the finish, a future first-round pick was the best they could do in return."

Seems to be laying the blame at the club's feet. Interesting take. I don't buy that based on other reports but there you go.

Bloods86

Club Legend
Mar 7, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams

"The Swans made it clear they were unhappy to lose Dawson to Adelaide after he finished third in their best and fairest, but the door opened for him to return to his home state when they took so long to sign their players near the end of the year. In the finish, a future first-round pick was the best they could do in return."

Seems to be laying the blame at the club's feet. Interesting take. I don't buy that based on other reports but there you go.
From other reports and his own words, it sounds like he was weighing up the decision throughout the year, but it got much more pro-SA as the year went on, which fits with him saying we shouldn't worry in July but having changed his mind by September. I don't know if the club had as much to do with delaying re-signings as that suggests. I'm sure they'd have locked him away earlier, but maybe they just assumed he'd re-sign and didn't hurry it along. That said, at whatever point he was leaning towards or had decided on SA, if it was still during the season, I can absolutely understand why he didn't bring it up. That sort of thing can derail momentum, put undue tension on his place in the team, and if the media picks up on it, it's a distraction for everyone trying to achieve something.

GCB85

Premium Platinum
Oct 18, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney

If there wasn't a contract on the table for him midway through the year this comment would make sense. Instead it makes the journalist look like a clueless muppet.

hairy biker

Club Legend
Sep 24, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
If there wasn't a contract on the table for him midway through the year this comment would make sense. Instead it makes the journalist look like a clueless muppet.
Problem is that these things become accepted 'wisdom'.

See the Swans were somehow to blame for the Tippett fiasco.

Or last couple of days the story that Jordan Clark hung up on Stephen Wells.
Both parties deny it and not just in "well it got a bit heated", but as in it never happened and the call was respectful and civil.

Yet no doubt the popular narrative doesn't suit that and of course it would require a journo to actually admit it was all bulldust.

Accountability in journalism.....I'd like to see that.

Bloods86

Club Legend
Mar 7, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The fact that swans fans now measure trades in "birds" should give you some indication as to whos the most beloved #14 of all time.

View attachment 1261165

And if that doesn't well and truly solve the argument, perhaps this will...

View attachment 1261167

Nuff said...
There was a no.14 in the 30s & 40s for South by the name Reg Richards. If that name doesn't automatically catapult him right up there, I don't know what would.

DeadlyAkkuret

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 10, 2007
Ensconced in velvet
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Lakers, West Ham
Eat your coco pops. No more play station for you ya scamp.

14 is the most treasured jumper for a reason. Kel added lustre to the number as Mills is now doing. I reckon Kelly would be appalled at the idea of him owning the 14.
Yeah nah.

Why would 14 make someone think of a player they never watched? It’s all perspective and this is not disrespectful to Skilton at all. We all know he’s an absolute legend but for me number 14 makes me think it Paul Kelly first and foremost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anotherletdown

Club Legend
Oct 14, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Clubs have to make plans & those plans rely on a certain degree of transparency.

By misleading the Swans, Dawson did the club a great disservice.

His former teammates will be angry, no matter how much Dawson would like to pretend otherwise.

The Swans Crows match in 2022 is going to be intriguing.
Yep, Sheather to debut, as a tagger... hello rib cage

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad