Past Jordan "I don’t think Sydney fans should be nervous at all" Dawson: Grand Theft Completed, traded 2021 to Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

lol this is a bit much. He’s out of contract (ie: he’s completely fulfilled his side of the bargain), and he’s done a good job. And wanting a job near your family is completely normal. If I get two identical job offers, but one of them is near my family, I know which one I’m taking.
Nah, there's such thing as loyalty.

Is it?

I've got a brother in New York and my parents are for all intents and purposes in another state. Not once, especially as a 20 odd year old did I feel the need to be close to the fam.

That’s fine. But lots of people have much closer relationships with their immediate and extended families.

And Dawson would be doing the exact same job in Adelaide as he would in Sydney, for the same money. It’s not like he’s turning down a huge professional opportunity so he can stack shelves in the Elizabeth Woolies.

Is it?

I've got a brother in New York and my parents are for all intents and purposes in another state. Not once, especially as a 20 odd year old did I feel the need to be close to the fam.

Not to mention moving from Sydney to Adelaide...

lol this is a bit much. He’s out of contract (ie: he’s completely fulfilled his side of the bargain), and he’s done a good job. And wanting a job near your family is completely normal. If I get two identical job offers, but one of them is near my family, I know which one I’m taking.

Thats fine but then i hope we play as tough as possible to get the best outcome for the club.

**** him. He is a sook. Sick of players playing the family card. You are a professional ****ing sportsman and being well paid to do it. Swans have persevered and turned you into the player you are and you want to go home to your family ? As bad as ****ing Anthony Rocca.

in-fckng-deed!
there would need to be some very serious, deeply personal issue buried away in all this, yet to be revealed ... otherwise it's just pathetically soft ...
all the real-life hardships the average poor bstard might go through in life ... this is a highly paid, highly praised sportsperson ... living in sydney, as opposed to somewhere in south australia, it's not remote africa or the fckng moon ...
the "go home" factor ... we're invoking the "fck off" factor
i wish him no harm, there's no personal abuse, acrimony ... just the harshest possible criticism for an (at this stage) inexplicable decision made by a young man who all but gave his word to swans fans (that's us, by the way, so it IS personal!) that he was staying

Is it?

Fun fact

I was younger than him when I moved to live overseas.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rude letter to follow!
I need to log off. Reading all these posts has me incensed. I have a breaking point. Honestly I would rather lose against GWS than lose Dawson. I reckon I could never say that about any other player and team in my many years of supporting the Swans. I am gutted.
But I will get over it.

I need to log off. Reading all these posts has me incensed. I have a breaking point. Honestly I would rather lose against GWS than lose Dawson. I reckon I could never say that about any other player and team in my many years of supporting the Swans. I am gutted.
But I will get over it.

Agreed.

Losing to GWS was disappointing, but much to like about the season as a whole, whereas I can see no silver lining in the Dawson situation.

Heck even if we get a high draft pick the underage carnivals have been so disrupted by covid it's hard to get a comparable or accurate measure of talent.

But I will get over it.
Yeah, I'm pretty shattered as well.

I think I have to take some time off the board as well. Just depressed and angry.

Like others, I don't accept this whiney baby back-to-family crap.

He IS a professional footballer.

He'll get what, 12-15 years at best to ply his trade.

He can make good money, play in a successful team, them move home.

And jesus - it's Adelaide. Not freaking Paris!

In the meantime book a few flights home a year if it's that important to you.

Make a bloody zoom call.

You're a footballer mate. Grow a pair.

Still conjecture
No one knows what we offered or what port or crows have offered

Identify a player that we can bring in and will not lose us ground in our ability to contend next year. Can you replace him like for like ? No. But you can limit the damage and with further improvement of players currently apart of the best 22 that makes up the deficit.

That’s fine. But lots of people have much closer relationships with their immediate and extended families.

And Dawson would be doing the exact same job in Adelaide as he would in Sydney, for the same money. It’s not like he’s turning down a huge professional opportunity so he can stack shelves in the Elizabeth Woolies.

then he should never have made a public comment strongly indicating he would stay with the swans

Sounds like the swans were surprised and Dawson probably made his decision in the last couple of days. Hopefully some of the players reach out to him, maybe papley could be a good one as he wanted to move for family reasons before staying here. He could discuss with him about staying here, even if its only for one or two years longer.

Dunno, I'm probably being too hopeful that he might change his mind if the boys get in touch with him. Hopefully the realisation hits he might be playing for the crows and contending for wooden spoons which scares him to change his decision 😜

But I will get over it.

feel exactly the same ...

But I will get over it.

Yeah it’s pretty bloody infuriating tbh. This is why, time and time again, we are reminded why the northern clubs need academies/incentives etc. and yet the traditional footy state clubs don’t get it or don’t care as long as they keep reaping the benefits.

I hope Campbell can fill Dawson’s boots in a year or two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like others, I don't accept this whiney baby back-to-family crap.

He IS a professional footballer.

He'll get what, 12-15 years at best to ply his trade.

He can make good money, play in a successful team, them move home.

And jesus - it's Adelaide. Not freaking Paris!

In the meantime book a few flights home a year if it's that important to you.

Make a bloody zoom call.

You're a footballer mate. Grow a pair.

this argument only kind of makes sense if he was turning his back on his football career.

But he’s not.

he’s got multiple job offers to continue to play football, for equal or more money, in a city that apparently he’d prefer to live in.

why should he stay here? To appease a group of fans that would turn on him were he ever to hit an extended patch of poor form?

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back