Past Jordan "I don’t think Sydney fans should be nervous at all" Dawson: Grand Theft Completed, traded 2021 to Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

You’re turnaround this season was impressive and speaks to the quality of football club that Sydney are.

But don’t count your chickens yet, you’ve had one 7th placed finish.

Yeah tone's a bit tough over the internet, was being more than a little tongue in cheek.

Personally I think we'll slide next year before bouncing back in 2023.

Saad, Cerra, Brad Hill are all fair precedents for what we should be expecting for Dawson. Melbourne's pick doesn't come close to that.

17 + swapping picks that favoured the crows was straight up insulting.

Its bad luck for us Dawson chose a team that is heavily rebuilding and has no intention of trading out top 5 picks.

Unfortunely for us.

Its bad luck for us Dawson chose a team that is heavily rebuilding and has no intention of trading out top 5 picks.

Unfortunely for us.

Doesn't mean they can make a ridiculous low ball offer because the PSD is available.

I have never in my life heard a recruiter say 'yeah, we know he is much better than this selection but we don't have to give anything better because we can get him for free'.

And I have never seen it play out like that. Yet Adelaide and their supporters seem to think it will.

Doesn't mean they can make a ridiculous low ball offer because the PSD is available.

I have never in my life heard a recruiter say 'yeah, we know he is much better than this selection but we don't have to give anything better because we can get him for free'.

And I have never seen it play out like that. Yet Adelaide and their supporters seem to think it will.

I know but i reckon they were planning on taking him for pick 33 or virtually for nothing his 2021 breakout year changed their plans a little.

Just like how Carlton wasn't giving up pick 9 for Papley without something coming back.

Cant get any sort of value for our players leaving.

I know but i reckon they were planning on taking him for pick 33 or virtually for nothing his 2021 breakout year changed their plans a little.

Just like how Carlton wasn't giving up pick 9 for Papley without something coming back.

Cant get any sort of value for our players leaving.

Hopefully this is a line in the sand.

On another point, I do think Dawson has had 3 good years though.

You simply can't have everything.

It's totally understandable that a rebuilding side wouldn't want to let go of pick 4, but then you can't also expect to bring in the best player on the market.

You have to give something to get something and this defiant entitlement from the Crows that they should get to bring in a player they want but refuse to give up the thing we want for him is maddening.

My Prediction on Wednesday 7pm:
Swans: Give Dawson + 39 + Future 3rd Get: Melb F1 + Crows F2 + 33
Crows: Give: Melb F1 + 33 + F2 Get: Dawson + 39 + future 3rd

Sounds about right gut feel it’s done Tuesday

So it looks like this?

Sydney Out
Dawson
Future 1st + Future 2nd

Sydney Recieve
Crows Future 1st
Crows Future 2nd
Melbourne Future 1st

Why would Adelaide do that tho?

That would make it a tantalising year for Sydney and Adelaide to death ride each other - two picks each at stake!

I reckon the offer was made to make Adelaide look weak and unconfident in its future when it says no - hahaha!

Dawson can play inside mid, almost won the NEAFL B&F playing as an inside mid. But it puzzles me why you would want to waste him in an inside role which doesn't take full advantage of his best qualities - great kicking, above average marking, and ability to hit the scoreboard.

Imagine he becomes a superstar inside mid? Wouldnt that be some s**t! Lol

Doubt it, but who knows.

Imagine he becomes a superstar inside mid? Wouldnt that be some sh*t! Lol

Doubt it, but who knows.

Seemed to be a natural in the 2s.

Of course Horse knows best.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love that future pick swap proposal.

Basically trolled them by saying ‘go on back yourself in and make that deal work in your favour’.

Ballsy from us.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Shhhh!
His value will drop.
Haha. I rate him very very highly indeed. His main skills are kicking (close to the best In the game) and marking, can get up and down the ground, plays to structure and reads the ball well in flight.
None of which lend themselves to the inside.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back