Universal Love Jordan Lewis - thanks for the memories and best of luck in retirement

Remove this Banner Ad

Lewis was a star midfielder for us, not only were his kicking skills elite, his inside 50's along with Sam Mitchells were elite, he could hit a guy on a lead on a regular basis and then when he got inside 50 himself he prided himself as a goal kicker which he worked on during his career, He was tough in that he could take the hits with a smile and hard in that he belted a few blokes in his time, he seemed to really like hitting North Melb players.

there was a period where our 4 main mids were Hodge, S.Mitchell, Lewis and Burgoyne until Hodge went to defence to play his 2nd best role as spare man in defence - defensive general, from 2012-2015 no other mids had a chance, Lewis was so valuable in that when it got to him you knew he would execute a perfectly weighted left foot kick to someone on a lead or kick a smooth goal inside 50, absolute champion tall midfielder for the Hawks and i wish him good luck for Melbourne on the weekend.

Was close to being my favourite player back in the unsociable Hawks days.
Tough as nails & every opposition player knew it.
Keep one eye on Lewis if you were going for the football or he would clean you up & make you pay feeding to the likes of Buddy, Cyril & Roughy.

Loads of respect for Tazz
Such a hard nut - never shirked an issue and that hit he took from harbrow, I thought had killed him. To think he came back the next week and played

Such a hot head when he first started playing - the bane of much frustration but once he got that sorted he went on to become such a valuable player for the club.

It’s sad that he wasn’t still at the club so that he could of gone out with his best mate Ruff but he made a decision that was in the best interests of his family and I respect that

No doubt he will have a role in the media but I wish him all the best going forward

Loads of respect for Tazz
Such a hard nut - never shirked an issue and that hit he took from harbrow, I thought had killed him. To think he came back the next week and played

Such a hot head when he first started playing - the bane of much frustration but once he got that sorted he went on to become such a valuable player for the club.

It’s sad that he wasn’t still at the club so that he could of gone out with his best mate Ruff but he made a decision that was in the best interests of his family and I respect that

No doubt he will have a role in the media but I wish him all the best going forward

Ha ha .....hot head. I think he had a genuine hatred for north and can you blame him? Would love to know how many times he got reported playing North.

What a star. They rave about dusty and his 2017 season. JL was phenomenal in 2014. with mitchell, gibson and quite a few others going down through injury he stepped up in a big way. So much so that even when mitchell was back he was the one getting tagged. A midfielder who not only gathered a lot of possessions but was 3rd man up in ruck contests and would drift forward and kick goals. A player with exquisite skills and toughness

A champion of our club

He was one of the toughest and skillful players in a team of tough and skilled players.

and yet he would barely rate a mention outside of the club other than that he was a hawthorn thug

Will never ever forget a game in his first season - we were playing Brisbane I think in Tassie. They were belting us and Michael Voss did the obligatory rough up the new kid and put him place - or so he thought. Lewis went off his nut and gave Voss a big don't F...k with me by charging right at him and getting in his face. I think Voss was both surprised but also respectful of this kid who didn't give a stuff who he was and gave as good as he got. I turned to my mate and said "we've got a real live one here"

I think this was also the same game when a very young Max Bailey pushed aside AA fullback Ben Ratten took a great grab and kicked the goal. I turned to my mate and said - "this kid is going to be the next Aaron Sandilands but more mobile" If he didn't do his knees three times I am still bullish that he would have been one of the great ruckman of all time..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will never ever forget a game in his first season - we were playing Brisbane I think in Tassie. They were belting us and Michael Voss did the obligatory rough up the new kid and put him place - or so he thought. Lewis went off his nut and gave Voss a big don't F...k with me by charging right at him and getting in his face. I think Voss was both surprised but also respectful of this kid who didn't give a stuff who he was and gave as good as he got. I turned to my mate and said "we've got a real live one here"

I think this was also the same game when a very young Max Bailey pushed aside AA fullback Ben Ratten took a great grab and kicked the goal. I turned to my mate and said - "this kid is going to be the next Aaron Sandilands but more mobile" If he didn't do his knees three times I am still bullish that he would have been one of the great ruckman of all time..
But Voss played for Brisbane and Rutten played for Adelaide.....

The Bailey mark and goal was in a pre-season match in Adelaide

thought it was Ablett to Lewis
Ablett said to Lewis (in 2011 I think he said) that Hawks could have won more premierships if they didn't like a drink. Lewis said he was initially angry but hten realised maybe he was right as he liked a beer or two :)

Ablett said to Lewis (in 2011 I think he said) that Hawks could have won more premierships if they didn't like a drink. Lewis said he was initially angry but hten realised maybe he was right as he liked a beer or two :)

Good sledge in 2011 too. Lost a bit of zip with age though ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back