Jordan Lewis

Remove this Banner Ad

My only real complaint is that I'd like to have seen him use it by foot more. Yes, giving that 50 away made him look like a daft prick; but can you blame that for our whole team shutting off for a quarter? Lewis was a big part of us keeping the ball penned in our forward half in the second half, but there's probably too many handballs for me. Other than that, he's playing his role. Can't expect him to be the player he was. If we are to get another 40 games out of him, he needs to appreciate that his body can't do what it used to and change the way he disposes of the ball.

But he came from Hawthorn so he must be good and experienced and a mentor and a role model.

He's a cultural ambassador from a successful club.

My only real complaint is that I'd like to have seen him use it by foot more. Yes, giving that 50 away made him look like a daft prick; but can you blame that for our whole team shutting off for a quarter? Lewis was a big part of us keeping the ball penned in our forward half in the second half, but there's probably too many handballs for me. Other than that, he's playing his role. Can't expect him to be the player he was. If we are to get another 40 games out of him, he needs to appreciate that his body can't do what it used to and change the way he disposes of the ball.
Yep, thats about how I feel about him ... to be fair, he's get a really quick pair of hands, but he's sitting at half back to be a distributer by foot.

I think he expected Parfitt to be quicker than him but it was actually pretty even. The 50 was inexcusable but wasn’t a free on the replay.
It was a soft as free kick, so he had every right to be a annoyed by it, but the umpire gave him his first little outburst, but then he kept going which was just absurd.

The free kick was wrong but Lewis is experienced enough to know that if you face the members wing and spray the umpires, it will be picked up on camera.

I thought he played well generally though. Probably epitomised the team with a decent game except for the second quarter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now lets just settle, he was arguably our best player in our first final in 12 years against Geelong. Multiple players spoke of his crucial guidance before that game, and the Hawthorn one as well.

Todays performance was horrible, not just for Jordan, but for many of our players.

He is contracted for next year and could face a similar year to what Bernie has had this year, with the likes of Hunt and J. Smith potentially taking his spot. But calls for him to retire right now is, IMO, an overreaction to the disappointment and hurt of todays result.

every melbourne player was garbage today.
Lewis played well in the first two finals.

Unless they bring in a replacement for him, he stays for the last year of his contract.

Lever is Lewis' replacement. Hard to find a spot for the guy anywhere else in the side.

With one more year on his contract, I think he's in for a very similar year to Bernie in 18'. Play up to half the games before he's phased out of the team and finish his career next year at Casey.

Was really good vs the Cats, so-so against the Hawks and looked his age today.

Should play out next year with some of it being at Casey, not sure how his ego will handle that. I'll be very disappointed if we don't start judging him purely on form, we've had enough experience now that he doesn't need to be out there just to lead.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back