Free Agency Jordan Murdoch (signed with Gold Coast as DFA)

Remove this Banner Ad

Power Play

Club Legend
Oct 8, 2017
Brisbane
AFL Club
Richmond
It looks like he's played his last game at Geelong. He will be 27 at the start of next season and has played over 100 games. Can see a few clubs wanting him as he is a senior player with pace, long kicking and line breaking.

Carlton and Gold Coast need senior players, he could be brought into either of those clubs and prove to be handy.

Port could use him, given he's a similar player to Polec. He could prove to be a good like for like replacement at a cheaper price.

Sydney likewise with Gary Rohan. Perhaps a straight swap between Sydney and Geelong given that's where Rohan is headed.

Port could use him, given he's a similar player to Polec. He could prove to be a good like for like replacement at a cheaper price.

Wouldn’t compare him to Polec at all

He must be a free agent if he is out of contract and won’t fetch Geelong any pick at all I would think. Not even sure I would bother if I was port unless we cut very very heavily

Last edited:
Carlton and Gold Coast need senior players, he could be brought into either of those clubs and prove to be handy..

Why do people keep saying this. It's not true. Mullet.wigg.barlow.oshea...

Sumed Jordan up that run down the middle of the ground on the weekend only to forget its footy not a relay race an got caught

Handy depth option for a number of teams, Would get regular games at a few still, Could be another Ricky Henderson story.

Henderson was a decent player with a few flaws at Adelaide. He seems to have mostly ironed that out at Hawthorn.

I can't see the same thing happening with Murdoch unfortunately.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So has Murdoch been delisted ? .....or is this expected

To be honest I don’t think we’ll delist him. We’ll just offer low money and he’ll just be a depth player as a forward/winger if we have lots of injuries there then he’ll come in but that’s it.

But I’d much prefer another team just took him off our hands... please :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Back