Bumped Jordan Murdoch

Remove this Banner Ad

He's averaging a goal every three games this year and he's yet to take a bounce this season. The good news is, we do have a player with genuine leg speed who can kick goals. His name is Patrick Dangerfield! He's quite good. Jordan Murdoch, meanwhile, is what he is - a physically powerful player who is not a very good/smart/instinctive footballer. He is not going to get dramatically better, and he's not ever going to be the player that the summation 'fast and a good long kick' suggests.
So would you play him next week?
If so, he is in our current best 22, and we are a team that is a flag chance, so he can fit that summation.
And if not, who take his spot and is better?

Running into improved form, and since Scooter has been in the team, Murdoch's defensive and tackle game has improved immensely.

I don't know what the cause is, but Thursday night's form was an improvement on past efforts.

Ive flogged Murda as being not much chop - last 2 weeks he's fed it back to me. He's got the tools - but just not put it together consistently enough.

If keeps up the willingness to put the head over it, contest what previously he has not, and effect outcomes tackling the way he has, he can keep feeding me my words with interest any time he wants.

GO Catters

One of those players who is such a likeable person, you just want him to succeed.
And, he has some assets.

On the ground after the siren and later in the rooms he appears to a be a popular guy and I'm pleased that he looks more confident in his skin like he belongs there rather than the nervous guy who always seemed to say "I'm not sure if I should be here at all."

Not related to his performance in the side at all... but my lad had the Cats superclinic this morn for auskick.

Every Cats player was there, his group had Gregson, Lang, Guth and Murda with them... from what I saw Murda was absolutely brilliant with the kids, he actually engaged with them and had fun with it, where Guth was there with his hoodie pulled over his head looking cold and miserable. Was just a really good thing to see and the kids absolutely loved it

Not related to his performance in the side at all... but my lad had the Cats superclinic this morn for auskick.

Every Cats player was there, his group had Gregson, Lang, Guth and Murda with them... from what I saw Murda was absolutely brilliant with the kids, he actually engaged with them and had fun with it, where Guth was there with his hoodie pulled over his head looking cold and miserable. Was just a really good thing to see and the kids absolutely loved it

I can second that, murder was great with the kids. I always watch for the end of the clinic to see who is giving a bit back and who is just making up the numbers. Big up as always to Joel and Scott Sellwood,Blitz, Cocky and Motts, who go above and beyond to make the kids have a great time.

Listening to bluey on krock yesterday and he said murda is one of the strongest guys at the club and no one likes going against him in tackle drills.

Been great seeing his intent the last 2 weeks and his attack on the ball carrier. As bluey said he needs to realise that is what he needs to do week in, week out. Hope he can keep it up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Funny season, played one of the worst games I have even seen v the Gold Coast and a poor one v Collingwood, otherwise has been a solid contributor and much better than last year.

He needs to eradicate those really poor games and I will start to have faith in him again.

I just feel like there is always another shocker around the corner.

Reflects where the team is too in some ways.

barmy44 should enjoy some of these latter posts about one of our favourite and maligned players.
When players with undoubted talent, humility, and great character make it, our team benefits from it in more ways than one.
He's had his struggles, and hasn't made "it" yet, but great signs.

barmy44 should enjoy some of these latter posts about one of our favourite and maligned players.
When players with undoubted talent, humility, and great character make it, our team benefits from it in more ways than one.
He's had his struggles, and hasn't made "it" yet, but great signs.

Yep agree here. I love his contested work over the last few weeks. Burrowing in taking tackles. More so, his own tackling. We struggled when the ball got free of the congestion, and he's one of those outside types that should be tackling a lot to stop that.

He's one of the players that I think are a barometer to how well we'll play. We are relying upon those guys in the bottom 8 of the 22 to stand up and contribute.

I think he's doing very well recently. Good on him too

we want to believe.....:rainbow:
He has one trick ol' Murda. That's flat out.

No awareness, no football smarts and not much ability. It's get the ball run a bit and kick it long. That's the extent of it. Yes he's been much harder the last couple of weeks but he's hardly a 'footballer.'

He has one trick ol' Murda. That's flat out.

No awareness, no football smarts and not much ability. It's get the ball run a bit and kick it long. That's the extent of it. Yes he's been much harder the last couple of weeks but he's hardly a 'footballer.'
You crack me up nakia. Has murdoch put on a lot of weight this season. He seems to break tackles and make hard tackles much more this year. Has definitely impressed this season in that regard.

You crack me up nakia. Has murdoch put on a lot of weight this season. He seems to break tackles and make hard tackles much more this year. Has definitely impressed this season in that regard.
Murdoch could run 50m with the ball and he'd have no idea who was around him.

Expressive. Be nice to see him using his pace and kicking to score two a game
He'd need to start looking where he was kicking for that to happen. ;)

These recent pages are a perfect example how a lot on this board overrate our players.
I'm not sure people are overating him, more that people are of the opinion he has been better the last couple of weeks and is contributing well.

That is certainty my opinion, he is never going to be a star
He absolutely could be a solid 18-22nd player in the side performing his role each week.

He looks a lot more likely to be able to do it than less likely at the moment

Remove this Banner Ad

Back